U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,660,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Don't start blowing the horns yet.
I fully expect this election to be closer than 2008.
Mitt Romney is a much fiercer campaigner than McCain was, and for sure, he will not pick another Sarah Palin for his VP. The 2008 was a singular event that is not likely to ever be repeated.

But how cool is a President who responds to a deaf kid's signing "I'm proud of you." with a sign for 'Thank You", then singing a duet with B.B. King the next night?

President Obama, that's who. He just connects with people naturally. No drama Obama.
I certainly agree with that. The McCain2008 states that Obama could pick off seem to be bigger reaches than the Obama2008 that Romney could pick off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,298,359 times
Obama has been downright pathetic, with a three year record of abysmal failure after abysmal failure.

It's really a shame that the spineless Democrats didn't have the integrity to put up a primary challenger to this dope. But, it's not surprising because Democrats care about one thing - political power. Results and the good of the nation don't matter to them. That's why Oblama spent another $8B we don't have and also why the Senate Democrats haven't passed a budget in over 1,000 days.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM

53 posts, read 27,329 times
I'm smellin' a good old-fashioned con smack-down too.

Must really suck when the leader of your party is a human Etch-A-Sketch...

Old 03-23-2012, 01:25 PM

35,122 posts, read 19,208,373 times
Default I'm Smelling a Landslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Romney just cannot seem to get any traction, the economy is gaining steam, and Obama's War Chest is massive.

I am not one to count chickens, but everything I am seeing is looking like an Obama landslide.

Since Obama has done almost nothing to really start campaigning, I am laying this year's events and the likely outcome at the feet of the GOP.

Whoa!

Not so fast!

There's a potential for a big Obama victory as it appears right now. But the election is still seven months away and a LOT can happen to change the balance from where it sits today.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 PM

433 posts, read 401,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
The fact that the economy is in recovery mode--coupled with the fact that the Repubs are about to nominate a loser "Etch a Sketch" candidate who was a miserable failure during his one term as governor who left office with an abysmal 32% approval rating, ranked a pathetic 47 in job growth, made his millions by inheriting his daddy's fortune, and then bankrupted companies and called that a "success" is what will win this election for Obama. Also, I doubt most voters even realize Flip-Flop Romney's plan to cut his millionaire buddy's taxes while increasing the deficit. Yeah, that's a sure formula for electoral success. LOL!

Why on earth would we ever want to return to the failed GOP policies that put us in the Great Bush Recession in the first place?
You seem a little confused about the source of Romney's wealth, especially since he was wealthy before his father died. He actually gave his inheritance to a university to establish an endowment in his fathers name.

Do you have a cite that shows his wealth was inherited?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM

35,122 posts, read 19,208,373 times
Smile I like you. You're funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Obama has been downright pathetic, with a three year record of abysmal failure after abysmal failure.
bin Laden
Qadaffy Duck
Auto Industry revival
Iraq ended
Health Care (didn't go far enough, though)
Stock market revived
Economy recovering

Quote:
It's really a shame that the spineless Democrats didn't have the integrity to put up a primary challenger to this dope. But, it's not surprising because Democrats care about one thing - political power. Results and the good of the nation don't matter to them. That's why Oblama spent another $8B we don't have and also why the Senate Democrats haven't passed a budget in over 1,000 days.
You sound a teensy bit bitter.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 PM

9,995 posts, read 11,650,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Obama looks like Nelson Mandela compared to the Tea Party idiots that he has had to deal with. He seems like he can actually think. They seem like mean-spirited frat boys who don't want to do anything except throw the country under the bus for their corporate and evangelical customers.

The recession and the blatant a-hole congress are Obama's fault? I don't think independents are going to see it that way.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,849,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The Pres. ideas are a lot better then Mr. Steal your pension and load you up with debt Romney.

What are those ideas? What he has gotten done so far has done nothing but stall the economy and put small business after small business out of business. Trying to sign up a record number of Americans for food stamps is not my idea of a milestone or growth in a program to brag about.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:07 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,849,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Obama looks like Nelson Mandela compared to the Tea Party idiots that he has had to deal with. He seems like he can actually think. They seem like mean-spirited frat boys who don't want to do anything except throw the country under the bus for their corporate and evangelical customers.

The recession and the blatant a-hole congress are Obama's fault? I don't think independents are going to see it that way.

You did not just compare Obama to Nelson Mandela??? I know you realize how truly wrong that is.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM

71,736 posts, read 83,359,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
The fact that the economy is in recovery mode--coupled with the fact that the Repubs are about to nominate a loser "Etch a Sketch" candidate who was a miserable failure during his one term as governor who left office with an abysmal 32% approval rating, ranked a pathetic 47 in job growth, made his millions by inheriting his daddy's fortune, and then bankrupted companies and called that a "success" is what will win this election for Obama. Also, I doubt most voters even realize Flip-Flop Romney's plan to cut his millionaire buddy's taxes while increasing the deficit. Yeah, that's a sure formula for electoral success. LOL!

Why on earth would we ever want to return to the failed GOP policies that put us in the Great Bush Recession in the first place?
Job growth, has it ever occurred to you some states do not need a lot of job grownth when the state is in tip top shape? Why do you think Romney inherited his money? Actually he gave his inheritance or certainly a huge part of it to charity...He did leave office with a relatively low approval rating, but this often is the case with governors. As for bankrupting companies, not quite: he stepped in when companies were going under, some he saved and turned around, others were doomed. As for the Etch a sketch statement, he didn't say it, I believe it was taken the wrong way and yes, it was a stupid thing to say...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections