U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,299,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Romney is for increasing the size of government.
Please stop lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 04:49 AM

26,632 posts, read 11,166,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Please stop lying.
Please prove me wrong. Time to put up or shut up boy.
I've read your posts. They are full of deceit and ignorance.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,299,380 times
Quote:
Please prove me wrong. I've read your posts. They are full of lies.
Do your own research. Romney's record as governor of Massachusetts and his plan for restoring fiscal sanity prove you wrong.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 AM

26,632 posts, read 11,166,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Do your own research. Romney's record as governor of Massachusetts and his plan for restoring fiscal sanity prove you wrong.
Gibberish from an uninformed big government supporter. Do some research yourself. If you did you'd know Romneys plan increases the debt. Get a clue then come back and post some facts for once.
Romney was smart in that he knew the economy was tanking so he cut and ran from being governor so he wouldnt get the blame when Massachusetts fell on hard times.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:31 AM

3,479 posts, read 6,337,406 times
Quote:
Romneys budget increases the debt.
All proposed budgets, even that from Paul Ryan, increase debt. You cannot responsibly avoid that in the near future.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 AM

1,347 posts, read 921,781 times
Quote:
This is quite a surprise. Lee is an actual conservative. One of the few in Congress. His policies differ quite a bit from Romney. Lee had a budget that included actual cuts not reductions in increases. He is a sellout.
Romneys positions make him a conservative? Romney is for increasing the size of government. Romney is for bailouts. Romneys budget increases the debt. Those are not conservative positions.
Well if actual cuts make you a conservative, Romney balanced the budget in MA without raising taxes (and cutting them 8 times). What more do you want?

Here is Lee's ACU ratings:
http://conservative.org/ratings/ratingsarchive/2011/unified.html#UT (broken link)

Here is the vote key so you know what votes are being ranked:
http://conservative.org/ratings/ratingsarchive/2011/senatedesc.pdf (broken link)

As someone who follows Romney's campaign closely, I can tell you he has taken a stance on many of the issues similar to the stance taken by the ACU. I don't think Romney would receive a 100% as Lee did, but he does support many of these things. So Lee and Romney are not that far apart politically. They don't agree on everything, but that doesn't make Lee a sellout. I don't consider myself a sellout just because I happen to disagree with Romney on some things. I just think Romney is the best guy to lead this country, as does Mike Lee.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 AM

1,946 posts, read 1,539,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
All proposed budgets, even that from Paul Ryan, increase debt. You cannot responsibly avoid that in the near future.
Ron Paul's budget doesn't. It reduces debt. I love how you added the qualifier "responsibly" as if to imply that any plan which actually will reduce debt is irresponsible.

It is very possible to do this, if only the so-called "conservatives" have the BRASS BALLS to do it. But then again, those who claim they are conservatives are not conservatives at all, just more big government statists, who do want the government to spend, but only for their pet projects. Across the board cuts is what we want, which only Paul can deliver.

There are two types of people in America - those who love Ron Paul, and those who don't know what's going on.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 3,815,381 times
what a jerk.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 PM

3,479 posts, read 6,337,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Ron Paul's budget doesn't. It reduces debt. I love how you added the qualifier "responsibly" as if to imply that any plan which actually will reduce debt is irresponsible.
I will look at his budget.

And 'responsibly' was added because of course someone can propose a budget to end all entitlements and thus cut the debt. It's not a viable budget and hence irresponsible. That's all I meant. Clearly I want to reduce the national debt and believe it can be done.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 PM

1,946 posts, read 1,539,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I will look at his budget.

And 'responsibly' was added because of course someone can propose a budget to end all entitlements and thus cut the debt. It's not a viable budget and hence irresponsible. That's all I meant. Clearly I want to reduce the national debt and believe it can be done.
Paul's budget cuts mostly the stupid wars, and eliminating some useless federal departments which have become black holes for tax payer dollars.

Here (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/ - broken link) is the plan. It's very detailed and not vague like the rest of the candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or