U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 AM

71,724 posts, read 83,359,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am mad as hell at the idiots we have in congress called the Tea Partiers. I've never seen a bigger bunch of psychotic douchebags in my whole life, and I recall Falwell, Swaggart, and Strom Thurmond. How they manage to constantly prostitute themselves before the rich, and refuse to serve their country, while braying all the while about their patriotism and morality is beyond me. They hate the government, but crave power to push their fascist agendas. I really don't care if we get Dems or moderate Republicans or Libertarians or Greenies, these mouth breathers have to go! And they can put their lapel pins where the sun don't shine!

I am already set to vote for Obama, but that is not enough. I want to work specifically all year to get the Tea Party "patriots" back in the holes they crawled out of.

Seriously, I loathe them so much, I would make a Faustian bargain. I'd vote Romney, if every damn one of them was sent home this fall.

I welcome tips. Please post or pm me with ideas.

I want my country back from these crazies!
That is why we have the tea party, we want our country back as well. BTW, if enough voters feel the way you do, the Tea Party will be gone, but don't count on it happened in the near future.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,274,872 times
Start by finding your local Democratic Party Committee and work at sending out letters to editors, post cards to potential voters and all the other work of campaigning. Campaign for local and state offices, and then do the same for your Democratic Congressional candidates. Then the Presidential campaigns and encourage like minded citizens to do the same.

If we work hard enough we will rid ourselves of these reactionary fools looking to restore a time that never was while kissing the ass of the big money boys.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:07 AM

7,269 posts, read 3,751,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
The MAJORITY of us like the tea party and the lowly minority who do not will have to deal with them.

They were put in congress to stop Obama and the Pelosi anti American ways and are doing what the majority elected them to do.

What is it with the anti TP people?

So are you for massive spending and debt, wasteful spending, against the constitution, against self responsibility etc?

Because that is what the TP is all about, stopping Obama from bleeding us dry and stomping on the constitution.

The majority rules and they happen to be the 43% of us who are conservative, not the 17% who are liberal minded.
There was no massive spending,wasteful spending,etc.until Obama was elected and of course we were debt free. Got it.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM

10,783 posts, read 11,824,507 times
Really all that needs to be done is just sit back and wait. The american people can see loud and clear the tea party is hellbent on destroying the nation and trying to force us into an extreme right fascist reign. They will be voted out soon enough

Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is why we have the tea party, we want our country back as well. BTW, if enough voters feel the way you do, the Tea Party will be gone, but don't count on it happened in the near future.

Nita
I think we CAN count on it happening very soon.

Tea Party | Popularity | Atheists Muslims | The Daily Caller

Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 AM

5,526 posts, read 9,916,142 times
If you're patient, you'll see that the people elected under the Tea Party banner will assimilate with the rest of Congress, rather than change it. It is inevitable.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 AM

2,737 posts, read 4,323,886 times
Quote:
I am mad as hell at the idiots we have in congress called the Tea Partiers. I've never seen a bigger bunch of psychotic douchebags in my whole life, and I recall Falwell, Swaggart, and Strom Thurmond. How they manage to constantly prostitute themselves before the rich, and refuse to serve their country, while braying all the while about their patriotism and morality is beyond me. They hate the government, but crave power to push their fascist agendas. I really don't care if we get Dems or moderate Republicans or Libertarians or Greenies, these mouth breathers have to go! And they can put their lapel pins where the sun don't shine!

I am already set to vote for Obama, but that is not enough. I want to work specifically all year to get the Tea Party "patriots" back in the holes they crawled out of.

Seriously, I loathe them so much, I would make a Faustian bargain. I'd vote Romney, if every damn one of them was sent home this fall.

TEA Party. Taxed Enough Already.

Apparently you don't feel you are? I suppose that's a good thing, considering the fact that SOMEBODY is going to have to pay for this massive federal deficit that Obama is piling up. It might as well be the people who vote for him.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,088,853 times
These "Tea Party" activists are simpletons: they are always bringing up the "founding fathers" and the Constitution - as if any of them ever read the Constitution, much less understand its provisions for the foundation of our government. "We want our country back!" they cry. Itís laughable. They are like the evangelical Christians that misquote the gospels and ask, insipidly: "What would Jesus do?" They are stooges and shills for those who would use them to their own cross-purposes - those who would undermine the very foundations of our democratic institutions. There are some that believe they have the right to take up arms against their lawfully constituted government! They are not patriots, they are not loyal citizens, they are subversives.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 AM

They,like most people,are under the mistaken assumption that they`re the most heavily taxed people on the planet but that`s far from reality. Most people in the developed countries are paying more.
Americans' tax burden is lightest in developed world - USATODAY.com

Old 03-27-2012, 07:20 AM

1,946 posts, read 1,539,026 times
Quote:

My biggest grip is that the Tea Party has sold out to the likes of Romney now, and is no longer the fiscal conservatives they used to be. The original Tea Partiers have been driven out, and replaced by the Christian Taliban.

That said, taxes should be reduced to zero and government should be cut to bare bones for the country to prosper. The problem is that the Tea Party doesn't have the balls to do this. Whatever they are doing is not enough. We need more choking of the government.

Signed,
An Ol' School Tea Partier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections