Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:25 PM

2,728 posts, read 5,341,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Easy.

Pass a law that requires every elected officials to pass a civic test and has an IQ greater than 100 in order to serve.

All of the Tea Baggers and most of the Republicans will be disqualified.

...and 90% of registered Democrats will be too stupid to even figure out how to take the test.

See how easy that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,178,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and this poll came from where? :smack Oh, I see yous say FOX, right? I guess you are going to next claim it was a FOX poll...
Yeap, Faux Spews Poll, like I said.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,239,019 times
The question should be how do we rid ourselves of a disease called liberalism?

Thank goodness the TP is there to keep our country together during Obamas short time in office.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,167,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
*DO IT* so you can be proven wrong by your own actions!! Bring it on....you just described way, too many on the left....these people were allowed to vote, and had an IQ of what, 100 per each five of them?!! *(average IQ in my ultra-conservative family is 'tween 133 and 140, approx.)
Oh, you don't have to worry. I've been trying! Writing to my congressman, etc, etc.

My idea is to start at the state level and hopefully it will catch on nationally. In fact, I want all presidential candidates to be included - to pass said tests in order to have their names on the state ballot. Naturally, the test results will be made public and will be printed on the ballot next to their names.

The problem is that I live in CA, the Democrats do not see the Republicans as a threat (on the state level) so they don't see this as necessary. But in states where the Republicans are the majority, they know many in their party will fail the test so they also don't want to put such a law in place.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:43 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,167,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
...and 90% of registered Democrats will be too stupid to even figure out how to take the test.

See how easy that is?

Except that Democrats being stupid does not fit the narrative. Even Limbaugh doesn't go there because he knows it's useless.

Republicans are dumb. Democrats are evil. That has always been the narrative in politics. I guess a political talk show is definitely not in your future.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,514,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Oh, you don't have to worry. I've been trying! Writing to my congressman, etc, etc.

My idea is to start at the state level and hopefully it will catch on nationally. In fact, I want all presidential candidates to be included - to pass said tests in order to have their names on the state ballot. Naturally, the test results will be made public and will be printed on the ballot next to their names.

The problem is that I live in CA, the Democrats do not see the Republicans as a threat (on the state level) so they don't see this as necessary. But in states where the Republicans are the majority, they know many in their party will fail the test so they also don't want to put such a law in place.

"Worried?" Don't kid yourself...I am amused by your efforts and yet applaud you! You aren't a mindless numbnut voter like shock-jock Stern exposed that helped to elect our communist-in-chief. You are involved and paying attention.

But, worried? You can't worry me because you can't possibly "out-lobby" me.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,695,325 times
I am going to reverse myself. I don't think republicans are dumber than democrats, on average (I agree with NMNita (for once! )).

I am having a hard time seeing the Tea Party caucus as highly intelligent though. Perhaps a few ringleaders here and there (Ron Paul,etc.). The inability to realize that their axe jobs would be harmful does not auger well. They don't seem to add (deficits and unemployment) or be able to see the big picture.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:41 PM

433 posts, read 458,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
don't know about the Tea Partiers and their IQ, but I can assure you Republicans and Democrats would rate about the same given any basic IQ test. This would hold true for the civics class, but msot do not refer to it as civics anymore. I would think anyone from the so called superior IQ party would know that.

Nita
Intellect and knowledge of civics doesn't seem to be the problem; IMO, the greater problem is the party that believes the Constitution is a living document! Add that to fundamental dishonesty, no core ethics, and the belief that it's 'their' money- you've defined the Democratic party.

Dano

Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,132,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am mad as hell at the idiots we have in congress called the Tea Partiers. I've never seen a bigger bunch of psychotic douchebags in my whole life, and I recall Falwell, Swaggart, and Strom Thurmond. How they manage to constantly prostitute themselves before the rich, and refuse to serve their country, while braying all the while about their patriotism and morality is beyond me. They hate the government, but crave power to push their fascist agendas. I really don't care if we get Dems or moderate Republicans or Libertarians or Greenies, these mouth breathers have to go! And they can put their lapel pins where the sun don't shine!

I am already set to vote for Obama, but that is not enough. I want to work specifically all year to get the Tea Party "patriots" back in the holes they crawled out of.

Seriously, I loathe them so much, I would make a Faustian bargain. I'd vote Romney, if every damn one of them was sent home this fall.

I welcome tips. Please post or pm me with ideas.

I want my country back from these crazies!

answering that question would be like asking, how do we take back our country from the looney democrat party and the looney republican party.

they all blow and should all be disbanded.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:27 AM

37,729 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
To name a few:

Budget meltdown/Debt Ceiling stupidity.

O'Donnell's Crusade against masturbation (we need abstinence alone!).

Calling Obama an ENEMY OF HUMANITY.

Shouting "You Lie!" in the midst of a presidential speech.

Palin's Death Panels.

Rabidly opposing global warming, evolution, and science in general.

Doing nothing except praying for the president to fail.

Claiming to speak for liberty, but putting forward the same immoral minority views we've been hearing for decades.
This is what you said in your original post:

"I am mad as hell at the idiots we have in congress called the Tea Partiers. I've never seen a bigger bunch of psychotic douchebags in my whole life, and I recall Falwell, Swaggart, and Strom Thurmond. How they manage to constantly prostitute themselves before the rich, and refuse to serve their country, while braying all the while about their patriotism and morality is beyond me. "

So your response should have been to:

1. Name those tea party people in Congress and
2. Show they are psychotic and
3. Show me how those named Congressmen/Congresswomen "prostitute themselves before the rich and refuse to serve their country while braying about their patriotism and morality."

I'll give you another shot at proving your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections