U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2012, 10:12 AM
 
Location: PA
5,560 posts, read 4,978,013 times
Reputation: 1945

Advertisements

Sure many of you think you will be voting for some changes come November but really you will get the government you have always gotten. Don't worry nothing will change you will get washington to talk about the debit, they will take about changing ObamaCare, and or talk about spending. They will talk and talk, propose ideas on budgets but nothing will change unless it gives them more power to run the economy or your lives. The bombs will continue to drop, Soliders will be sent to another place to protect "freedom", the debit will increase, the dollar will drop in value, the price of gas will increase, the price of food will increase same as its been for the last 10 years. People will demand more from government, ask for more benefits to keep up with prices and government will keep printing money. People will try and control religious people, and religious people will try and control other people. Government will be as it always has for sometime now the central place to figure out which group, race, religion and or economic status will be attacked and or promoted. Government will continue its slide toward finding new friends in high places, from union bosses to CEO's all will get their fair share of love, money and power over washington policies. Government will continue to ignore the working man, the tax payer, and this generation can figure out why Banks and Governments will own most of their property. Its ok thou you have the freedom to vote, the freedom to speak your mind, the freedom to disagree and change peoples minds. You have the freedom to hear watch ever the media tells you is the truth, you have the freedom to believe without reason or facts what is truth from the governments mouth.
For very soon a few patriots must set right the facts, set right on a path to pardon and pacify those who are angry and where liberty must prevail. We must come together as men and women moving this withered tree of liberty and re-plant it where the roots can soak fresh water, new blood and where liberty can once again rein.

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2012, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Back and Forth FRANCE
2,716 posts, read 2,614,878 times
Reputation: 1476
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,235 posts, read 14,056,835 times
Reputation: 5917
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Sure many of you think you will be voting for some changes come November but really you will get the government you have always gotten. Don't worry nothing will change you will get washington to talk about the debit, they will take about changing ObamaCare, and or talk about spending. They will talk and talk, propose ideas on budgets but nothing will change unless it gives them more power to run the economy or your lives. The bombs will continue to drop, Soliders will be sent to another place to protect "freedom", the debit will increase, the dollar will drop in value, the price of gas will increase, the price of food will increase same as its been for the last 10 years. People will demand more from government, ask for more benefits to keep up with prices and government will keep printing money. People will try and control religious people, and religious people will try and control other people. Government will be as it always has for sometime now the central place to figure out which group, race, religion and or economic status will be attacked and or promoted. Government will continue its slide toward finding new friends in high places, from union bosses to CEO's all will get their fair share of love, money and power over washington policies. Government will continue to ignore the working man, the tax payer, and this generation can figure out why Banks and Governments will own most of their property. Its ok thou you have the freedom to vote, the freedom to speak your mind, the freedom to disagree and change peoples minds. You have the freedom to hear watch ever the media tells you is the truth, you have the freedom to believe without reason or facts what is truth from the governments mouth.
For very soon a few patriots must set right the facts, set right on a path to pardon and pacify those who are angry and where liberty must prevail. We must come together as men and women moving this withered tree of liberty and re-plant it where the roots can soak fresh water, new blood and where liberty can once again rein.

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
First off it is obvious that you did not pen that yourself. Secondly, you speak of armed rebellion to overthrow the legally elected government of the United States of America, which sir means you are no Patriot, but instead it makes you a Traitor to this Nation and it's People. Any time you and your fellows want to start that war of freedom please feel free to start, the rest of us Americans are waiting for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 AM
 
29,763 posts, read 16,452,183 times
Reputation: 13827
America was done after Lincoln commited mass murder in order to preserve his union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 AM
 
2,836 posts, read 3,095,040 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
First off it is obvious that you did not pen that yourself. Secondly, you speak of armed rebellion to overthrow the legally elected government of the United States of America, which sir means you are no Patriot, but instead it makes you a Traitor to this Nation and it's People. Any time you and your fellows want to start that war of freedom please feel free to start, the rest of us Americans are waiting for ya.

Thank you!

The argument that we, as citizens, have a constitutional right to take up arms against our lawfully constituted government is without any foundation. There is no support for such right, either historically or constitutionally. The American Revolution was a war waged for separation of the American colonies from the rule of the English monarchy, and not a rebellion against the established colonial governments. The colonies were being taxed under English laws in which they had no elected representatives in Parliament; and when the Crown refused to grant representation, the colonies, in Continental Congress, declared their separate statehood and independence.

Likewise, the reliance on the supposed historical record of the founding fathers is wrong. George Washington, who is considered the father of our nation and who commanded the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War, was the president of the Constitutional Convention that drafted our Constitution that is the framework of our government of laws; and thereafter elected to be the first President of the United States. During his term in office, President Washington put down the Whisky rebellion of 1794, which was an armed insurrection against the government in protest of the tax enacted by Congress in 1791. Washington personally lead the organized militia to quash the rebellion and assert the federal government’s authority over the states and their citizens. We would do well to learn from history, and stop trying to rewrite it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 PM
 
359 posts, read 266,589 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
America was done after Lincoln commited mass murder in order to preserve his union.
The world was done after humans committed mass murder in order to preserve blah blah blah blah BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,521 posts, read 20,910,960 times
Reputation: 13856
America's not done. It' just starting to sizzle a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 PM
 
1,013 posts, read 770,640 times
Reputation: 484
Quote:
Thank you!

The argument that we, as citizens, have a constitutional right to take up arms against our lawfully constituted government is without any foundation. There is no support for such right, either historically or constitutionally. The American Revolution was a war waged for separation of the American colonies from the rule of the English monarchy, and not a rebellion against the established colonial governments. The colonies were being taxed under English laws in which they had no elected representatives in Parliament; and when the Crown refused to grant representation, the colonies, in Continental Congress, declared their separate statehood and independence.

Likewise, the reliance on the supposed historical record of the founding fathers is wrong. George Washington, who is considered the father of our nation and who commanded the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War, was the president of the Constitutional Convention that drafted our Constitution that is the framework of our government of laws; and thereafter elected to be the first President of the United States. During his term in office, President Washington put down the Whisky rebellion of 1794, which was an armed insurrection against the government in protest of the tax enacted by Congress in 1791. Washington personally lead the organized militia to quash the rebellion and assert the federal government’s authority over the states and their citizens. We would do well to learn from history, and stop trying to rewrite it.
and Jefferson the writer of the constitution repealed the whiskey tax law.
please read up on it

Whiskey Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamilton favored large corporate interests and levied the taxes and regulations to punish poor farmers making it less competitive for the smaller farms to compete with larger corporations.

do you not see similarities with today the way gov is run?
IMO hamilton probably advised Washington badly on this one and washington listened.
too bad Washington you should have listened to Jefferson more imo.

as a result federalists were destroyed by their own big government stance yep people voted them out.

tyvm Jefferson. he formed the democratic-republic party yep they had the names together.
and thus democrats and republicans use to be ONE AND THE SAME.

they split up over some disagreements later on of course. but the idea is still there.
small and efficient government without imposing on people. apparently both sides are just spitting at jefferson's grave right now.

i guess you could say Jefferson created both democrats and republicans and they both are spitting at him... how noble of them...

thanks guys.

ps we need another thomas jefferson to squash these 2 party vampire squids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 05:18 AM
 
Location: USA - midwest
5,945 posts, read 4,873,393 times
Reputation: 2606
Default America is done

So ironic how the right wing self-described uberpatriots are the first to throw in the towel if they perceive their agenda isn't making any headway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 06:37 AM
 
2,836 posts, read 3,095,040 times
Reputation: 1399
Thomas Jefferson was not a framer of the Constitution. He was serving as Ambassador to France at the time of the Constitutional Convention; and except for his correspondence with some of the delegates, what resulted was largely the work of James Madison. Nor were his ideas regarding natural rights adopted. Even his draft Constitution and Declaration of Rights for Virginia was rejected in favor of the model of George Mason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top