U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 01:59 AM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,194,434 times

Advertisements

Ok, people.... this thread should be re-titled.

It should be, "Rick Santourum ALMOST Calls Obama a "N*gger", because he did catch himself.

To you people saying that this is nothing, that it was just a small slip up and he didn't mean to say it, what the hell WAS he trying to say? Negotiator? What would be wrong with saying negotiator? That's not a slur. Why did he suddenly change what he was about to say?

This is the short version. Look and listen to it again.

Rick Santorum Calls President Obama A Nig-guh !? - YouTube

Now, be logical. Seriously.

And to those of you saying that this isn't a big deal because the news and late night shows didn't pick up on this.... just wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 02:11 AM

26,529 posts, read 25,038,026 times
I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue, but why am I having such an easy time envisioning Santorum wearing a big white pointy hat?

Old 03-31-2012, 04:09 AM

6,193 posts, read 4,572,063 times
OMG!

It's REAL..............

The Knights Who Say Ni!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 AM

488 posts, read 462,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I'm sorry, but that happens to everybody when public speaking. You have two different ways of saying something, you kinda start to say both, and you get all tripped up. Often the phrases/syllables that end up coming out are just a jumble of what you were trying to say, or completely senseless/inaudible. That happens to everybody. I cannot believe nearly everyone in this thread actually thinks Santorum meant the N-word. You've got to be kidding me.

For the record, I am by no means a Santorum supporter, I think he would be a bad president, and I would love for him to make a gaffe so big that he has to drop out immediately. But that didn't happen and I won't let the guy be slandered for this.
Some sign of intelligence on these forums! The level of thoughtlessness and irrationality has really seemed to be through the roof around these parts recently. It's entertaining sometimes, but many times it's a shocking reminder that there are a lot of people out there that really think in such ways!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 AM

20,976 posts, read 16,279,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer24 View Post
Republicans are getting bold. Starts at 34:25.

Rick Santorum Visits Janesville - YouTube
I heard "government nick.....".

Far from the man saying the "N" word.

0b0mba isn't insulted by that word anyway....being that there is a lot of rap on his and his daughters iPods.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:25 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,148,437 times
you know what this proves?

we all have too much free time to devote to a stuttering sentence that a non-viable candidate made.

wrench409, i love monty python.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:55 AM

26,767 posts, read 11,237,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Ok, people.... this thread should be re-titled.

It should be, "Rick Santourum ALMOST Calls Obama a "N*gger", because he did catch himself.

To you people saying that this is nothing, that it was just a small slip up and he didn't mean to say it, what the hell WAS he trying to say? Negotiator? What would be wrong with saying negotiator? That's not a slur. Why did he suddenly change what he was about to say?

This is the short version. Look and listen to it again.

Rick Santorum Calls President Obama A Nig-guh !? - YouTube

Now, be logical. Seriously.

And to those of you saying that this isn't a big deal because the news and late night shows didn't pick up on this.... just wait.
Be logical ??? LMAO Anti War Government N*gger. I've never heard government followed by n*gger before. It doesn't make sense. But then again those with absurd agendas rarely do.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 PM

29,038 posts, read 45,060,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I listen to it more than once and more than twice... it is not even close.
He stuttered and you guys and gals hear what you want to hear, because it fits your agenda.

The thread title is a complete lie and considered trolling by the TOS here.
No it's not, and clearly I'm not the only one who heard it... I don't care since Santorum is toast either way, but don't try to convince me I'm the crazy one here.

Btw, they have talked about this on a couple of media outlets so far - including Howard Stern, who played the clip on his show before this thread was even started.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-31-2012 at 05:36 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I heard "government nick.....".

Far from the man saying the "N" word.

0b0mba isn't insulted by that word anyway....being that there is a lot of rap on his and his daughters iPods.
People will hear what they want to hear, I suppose - but I didn't hear any "ck" after that "ni!"

And how do you know what Obama's daughters have on their iPods? Furthermore, are you claiming all rap music uses that word? What a pathetic attempt at turning things around, but it's what I've come to expect from you guys.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
The level of thoughtlessness and irrationality has really seemed to be through the roof around these parts recently. It's entertaining sometimes, but many times it's a shocking reminder that there are a lot of people out there that really think in such ways!
Thank you for summarizing how I feel whenever these teabaggers and RRWNJS are speaking...

And you know darned well the reactions would be nearly identical if the tables were turned (i.e. if Obama had said "honk...."), so don't pretend this is a crazy or partisan-specific reaction.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-31-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or