U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,204,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Thank you for summarizing how I feel whenever these teabaggers and RRWNJS are speaking...

And you know darned well the reactions would be nearly identical if the tables were turned (i.e. if Obama had said "honk...."), so don't pretend this is a crazy or partisan-specific reaction.
Exactly! They are still trying to get mileage from "57 states."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 05:42 PM

6,745 posts, read 8,294,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Exactly! They are still trying to get mileage from "57 states."
I'm afraid to ask....but what does "57 states" mean?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM

87,006 posts, read 102,592,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
That is disgraceful and unacceptable language. As someone said "you just can't fix stupid" that person is correct.
And as my mother liked to say "You can un-say something!"

Old 03-31-2012, 05:52 PM

9,438 posts, read 10,189,013 times
he probally would like to renieg on that speech but he wouldn't want to be thought of as being n *****rdly

Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 PM

87,006 posts, read 102,592,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I dislike Santorum very much. But no, I don't believe he almost called Obama the n-bomb. It was an innocent slip of the tongue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I'm sorry, but that happens to everybody when public speaking. You have two different ways of saying something, you kinda start to say both, and you get all tripped up. Often the phrases/syllables that end up coming out are just a jumble of what you were trying to say, or completely senseless/inaudible. That happens to everybody. I cannot believe nearly everyone in this thread actually thinks Santorum meant the N-word. You've got to be kidding me.

For the record, I am by no means a Santorum supporter, I think he would be a bad president, and I would love for him to make a gaffe so big that he has to drop out immediately. But that didn't happen and I won't let the guy be slandered for this.
"Innocent"? "Tripped up"? If that word is not in your everyday vocabulary, you don't make an "innocent" mistake like that, and you don't almost say the N word when you "trip up".

I had patience with Sarah Palin when she talked about "the country of Africa" or however she phrased it. I didn't really care about "refudiate". I would put those statement in the above categories. Almost saying "N"? Not so much. BTW, I am from Santorum's neck of the woods, a few years older than him, and such word was very much in evidence in my youth. My mom would have washed my mouth out with soap if I had said it, though.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 PM

4,570 posts, read 6,545,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I hear he's a cheating jerk to his wife as well. Let's see, seems perfect for his job to me. I don't know when these kinds of guys are going to learn that God doesn't cover up things that well. It's not a cloak of iron like they think. It doesn't really make you super man, you just FEEL LIKE IT.
I hear that he frequents the gay bars near Dupont Circle in Washington.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:45 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Be logical ??? LMAO Anti War Government N*gger. I've never heard government followed by n*gger before. It doesn't make sense. But then again those with absurd agendas rarely do.

I've never heard reasonable followed by tea party member before, myself. It doesn't mean that it's not true or impossible...

Please, don't talk about absurd agendas if you can't process what you are seeing or hearing without being biased.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 AM

26,720 posts, read 11,216,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

I've never heard reasonable followed by tea party member before, myself. It doesn't mean that it's not true or impossible...

Please, don't talk about absurd agendas if you can't process what you are seeing or hearing without being biased.
So the only way to hear someone saying a word that begins with N is to assume he means n*gger??? If that isn't an absurd twisted agenda I dont know what is. Since I am a conservative and believe in individual rights I have plenty of reasons to dislike Frothy, I don't need to falsely play the race card.
You're post is a joke.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:14 AM

26,720 posts, read 11,216,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'm afraid to ask....but what does "57 states" mean?
Obama accidently referred to America as having 57 states. Some made a big deal of it. Imo, in the scheme of things it doesn't matter although it is funny.
It's always about policy.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:35 AM

14,269 posts, read 15,908,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Most normal, educated whites don't have a white robe and pointy hat in their closet.
I used to have a black robe and a pointy hat, but that was my Halloween costume.

I can't stand Santorum and am shocked he's gotten this far. When he stood next to the Baptist preacher who said non-Christians should leave America, I thought "nobody is going to vote for this lunatic any more." But I was wrong. I feel Santorum is a very dangerous man.

Anyway, I'm not going to say I definitely heard him begin to use a racial slur, but it sure sounded like he was about to say it. He has a bad temper and it's beginning to surface. People on a "mission" often have problems controlling their anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or