Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 01:20 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times

Advertisements

I thoroughly dislike Santorum almost as much as I dislike Bachmann.

IMHO, the video doesn't provide proof that he almost said the n-word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 05:03 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
.... what the hell? Where did you get ANY of that in what I typed?
Because you said so. Reread your post and get a clue.

Quote:
No, we're believing he's about to say the N-word because of a sudden switch in what he was about to say.
You think it because you want to play the race card. You have no idea what he's going to say so you fit your twisted agenda to what YOU want the outcome to be.

Quote:
Seriously, if the first thought in your head about people seeing this as a twisted agenda, then you must have MUCH more faith in this guy's "honesty" than you need to. How can you not believe he was about to say it if he suddenly stops and then says something that has almost nothing to do with it? I'm guessing
Because I do not jump to conclusions like someone with a blinded agenda like you do. Because I have heard him speak before and have heard him stutter and change direction.

Quote:
Take out the conservative vs. liberal bullsh*t for a second.
That's another thing you have wrong. Santorum isn't conservative. He's voted to raise the debt ceiling 5 times.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Thank you for summarizing how I feel whenever these teabaggers and RRWNJS are speaking...

And you know darned well the reactions would be nearly identical if the tables were turned (i.e. if Obama had said "honk...."), so don't pretend this is a crazy or partisan-specific reaction.
No kidding. President Obama can't even make a four sentence comment, in answer to a question about the Trayvon Martin case, without being called a "race baiter."

I don't know where Frothy was going with that "nig" comment but the way he stopped and started all over sure seems to indicate that he almost made a slip of the tongue and caught himself.

What I do know is that guy, to me, just reeks of hatred and bigotry and anger. In fact, there's something evil and sinister about him.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he beats his wife and kids.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 PM

359 posts, read 329,401 times
He's probably gay.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:12 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Okay, I watched about as much of this moron as I could take. About ten minutes, starting at about 34:00.

Anyone who agrees with this guy is an idiot.

Nevertheless, I heard him tripping over his words, but in the context of the sentence he was saying I don't think he was starting to, or stopping himself from, calling President Obama a n-----.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because you said so. Reread your post and get a clue.

You think it because you want to play the race card. You have no idea what he's going to say so you fit your twisted agenda to what YOU want the outcome to be.

Because I do not jump to conclusions like someone with a blinded agenda like you do. Because I have heard him speak before and have heard him stutter and change direction.
Oh God, you sound like that recycled trash you can hear on any political "news" network.

NO agenda. NO race card.

I believe he was about to say it because he did this exact same thing when refering to blacks (oh, I'm sorry, ALMOST) once before in one of his interviews. If anyone's twisting anything, it's YOU not getting what I put down. It's not the letter of the word, but the tone and direction it was heading. You say you've heard him stubble over his words and switch directions all the time? Well kickers make field goals.... and miss every now and then. I see this same situation here.

I don't have any agenda because to be honest, I'm not worried about any one of these candiates. Hell, Ron Paul's probably the only one I'd give any consideration (you know, the same Ron Paul with his own small race issues) yet, I don't even know why he's still running since he's been tossed aside like an old rag by the media.

Quote:
That's another thing you have wrong. Santorum isn't conservative. He's voted to raise the debt ceiling 5 times.
I wasn't talking about Santorum when I said "Take out the conservative vs. liberal bullsh*t for a second."

Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Oh God, you sound like that recycled trash you can hear on any political "news" network.
As opposed to sounding like the filthy agenda driven media buffoons that falsely play the race card because they cannot discuss policy

Quote:
NO agenda. NO race card.
Riiight, you just read peoples minds and know what they are going to say or what they really meant. Another statement by a person who thinks THEY know best even though there are no facts to back up the ramblings.

Quote:
I believe he was about to say it because he did this exact same thing when refering to blacks (oh, I'm sorry, ALMOST) once before in one of his interviews. If anyone's twisting anything, it's YOU not getting what I put down.
I'm not twisting anything around. I do "get" what are are trying to make as a truth. I'm not the one claiming to have the ability to read peoples minds

Quote:
It's not the letter of the word, but the tone and direction it was heading. You say you've heard him stubble over his words and switch directions all the time? Well kickers make field goals.... and miss every now and then. I see this same situation here.
LOL He criticizes Obama, of course he's going to sound harsh. That's Santorums as well as other candidates style.

Quote:
I don't have any agenda because to be honest, I'm not worried about any one of these candiates. Hell, Ron Paul's probably the only one I'd give any consideration (you know, the same Ron Paul with his own small race issues) yet, I don't even know why he's still running since he's been tossed aside like an old rag by the media.
The only one you'd give consideration too??? Then go on to say you don't know why he's still running because of the media. If you don't know why's he still running you haven't paid much attention to what he is and what he represents. I get it now, you don't follow politics much, just enough to scratch the surface.

I doubt you've given Ron Paul a thought since you once again played the race card saying he has his own race issues. He himself doesn't have any issues with race since he doesn't believe in giving any groups special favors. At least you are consistent with your hogwash.

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Santorum when I said "Take out the conservative vs. liberal bullsh*t for a second."
Then why refer to it. You're full of it

Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood912 View Post
He's probably gay.
Thanks for the chuckle. Not that being gay is funny (gosh, being politically correct is tough sometimes) but it's always those who protest the loudest who are hiding something. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
No kidding. President Obama can't even make a four sentence comment, in answer to a question about the Trayvon Martin case, without being called a "race baiter."
I've already posted about 100 comments on the subject, so I won't go off topic on this thread, but I agree. Obama was only showing compassion to the teenager's family.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I thoroughly dislike Santorum almost as much as I dislike Bachmann.

IMHO, the video doesn't provide proof that he almost said the n-word.
No, it doesn't prove anything at all. However, Santorum also insists he never said "I don’t want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money" and couldn't explain his way out of it. Like Gingrich, he's preaching to a certain crowd, the people who think it's okay to shoot an unarmed teenager and go home.

I think it's a riot that this man keeps calling himself the grandson of a coal miner and that he comes from a blue collar town to sound like he's part of the working class. Sure, that sweater vest is fooling everyone, Rick. His income averages more than $1 million a year. His parents were both professionals with advanced degrees. His father was a clinical psychologist and his mother worked full-time for the VA. Wow, he must have been very poor! He also thinks women should stay home and home school their children, so he must really have mommy issues.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
As opposed to sounding like the filthy agenda driven media buffoons that falsely play the race card because they cannot discuss policy
Riiight, you just read peoples minds and know what they are going to say or what they really meant. Another statement by a person who thinks THEY know best even though there are no facts to back up the ramblings.

I'm not twisting anything around. I do "get" what are are trying to make as a truth. I'm not the one claiming to have the ability to read peoples minds

LOL He criticizes Obama, of course he's going to sound harsh. That's Santorums as well as other candidates style.

The only one you'd give consideration too??? Then go on to say you don't know why he's still running because of the media. If you don't know why's he still running you haven't paid much attention to what he is and what he represents. I get it now, you don't follow politics much, just enough to scratch the surface.

I doubt you've given Ron Paul a thought since you once again played the race card saying he has his own race issues. He himself doesn't have any issues with race since he doesn't believe in giving any groups special favors. At least you are consistent with your hogwash.

What I have in bold is enough for me to stop reading and just ignore you for the rest of this thread.

If you're going to keep throwing b.s. about how this is all an agenda or how I'm throwing the race card, then there's just no talking to you. I could have easily said the same about Moby Dick Newt or Romney Bot, or even Paul, but no. If I had an agenda, I'd go out and slam everyone of em. But I don't because this is about what Santourm did. If you're gonna defend him with this, fine. But (believe it or not) there are some guys like Santourm who ARE closet racists/homophobes. And I see him as such. Deal with it.

Quote:
Then why refer to it. You're full of it
I think I see the problem with you. Comprehension skills are a bit wack....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections