U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 PM

18,975 posts, read 15,426,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And when the delegates are chosen, in non-caucus states... They are not appointed.

Who is to know, who exactly you voted for. Your job and pledge as a delegate is to vote on the first vote, but the rules say nothing about the second vote, if there is one.... Organization and huge support are going to pay off big, for We the People vs, the Global Establishment.
I realize that, however the vast majority of the delegates are bound to the state's result on the first vote.

Considering the amount of delegates that are currently bound to Romney on the first vote from states that have already voted, the 77-86 or so of the 95 delegates that are available on Tuesday that Romney will get which will be bound on the 1st vote + the states that remain its going to be virtually impossible for Romney not to wind up with 1144 bound to him on the 1st round of voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 920,666 times
I get that Paul has the most diehard fans and all. But every candidate (except Rick Santorum) can find at least 3 die-hard supporters from each congressional district. You can go ahead assume that all delegates are just dying to vote for Paul but are bound to the popular vote winner, but I think that is a flawed assumption. I know in Maryland, I voted for three delegates that were affiliated with the Romney campaign. If by some miracle Romney loses the first round of voting, those three delegates I voted for would still be Romney supporters the second time around. In non-caucus states, the ballot often lists the candidate-affiliation of each delegate. People don't go and vote for Romney/Santorum then go vote for Paul-affiliated delegates. That just doesn't happen. I do realize that some states do not indicate who the delegates are affiliated with. In that case, it is hard to guess how they would vote on a second round. But, there are just as many long-time Republican party die-hards who would support a more traditional Republican in that mix as there are Paul-supporters. The notion that all delegates support Paul but are stuck voting for someone else on the first round is just not true. I do think, if his caucus strategy has been successful, he will have more delegates than we think he has. And I think he would do even better on a second round. But Romney will still easily clear the 1144 on the first round. Even if he didn't, Paul would have no chance.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:36 AM

25,235 posts, read 13,995,874 times
If the GOP is dumb enough to pick the fourth place candidate as their guy then they will deserve the ridicule they will recieve from every thinking American Voter. It would also prove that the GOP is no longer a viable political Party in the USA and will remain so until they reform and purge their Party. Go ahead and pick Paul,I dare ya, let's see how stupid you really are

Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 AM

16,678 posts, read 9,057,703 times
Bound delegates are real, they are not the loch ness monster guys. Oh wait, you guys believe in that sort of thing.

Just barely over 75% of the delegates are bound to a popular vote and Romney is doing very very well in that category and he seems to be doing fine with the unbound delegates too. Don't be surprised when there isn't a 2nd vote. If we could rewrite all of the state rules so the people (popular vote) didn't matter, Ron Paul could actually win this thing. But until then, unfortunately, the public at large have a say.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM

66,121 posts, read 33,555,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I realize that, however the vast majority of the delegates are bound to the state's result on the first vote.

Considering the amount of delegates that are currently bound to Romney on the first vote from states that have already voted, the 77-86 or so of the 95 delegates that are available on Tuesday that Romney will get which will be bound on the 1st vote + the states that remain its going to be virtually impossible for Romney not to wind up with 1144 bound to him on the 1st round of voting.

But you fail to realize that the 1144 votes needed won't be there.

The second vote will happen, and the delegates become unbound.
Guess what happens at that point? That is when you crap your pants.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 AM

16,678 posts, read 9,057,703 times
Quote:

I'll be sure to buy some depends for the convention if you promise to take off the tin foil hat on some of the more outlandish conspiracy theories..

Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I'll be sure to buy some depends for the convention if you promise to take off the tin foil hat on some of the more outlandish conspiracy theories..

If it has been documented over and over, is it really a conspiracy, or reality?

Turning a blind eye, does this nation no good, for future political contests.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 AM

1,347 posts, read 920,666 times
Quote:

What leads you to believe most of the bound delegates from non-caucus states are Paul supporters? I'm not saying they aren't, just curious as to what makes you think that?

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
What leads you to believe most of the bound delegates from non-caucus states are Paul supporters? I'm not saying they aren't, just curious as to what makes you think that?

It is all part of the plan, the Ron Paul campaign has been organized to pull off, under the radar.

Why, because we know the other 3 have no organization what so ever, when it comes to the individual people, that become delegates.

We have been educated how to pull it off and school the Establishment.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 AM

2,737 posts, read 4,315,124 times
Quote:
It is all part of the plan, the Ron Paul campaign has been organized to pull off, under the radar.

Why, because we know the other 3 have no organization what so ever, when it comes to the individual people, that become delegates.

We have been educated how to pull it off and school the Establishment.
So... Since Ron Paul absolutely cannot win any state by popular vote, you're trying to figure out ways to help him win by back-handed shenanigans?

Yeah, sounds like you people REALLY believe in the Constitution, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or