U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM

66,282 posts, read 33,642,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
So... Since Ron Paul absolutely cannot win any state by popular vote, you're trying to figure out ways to help him win by back-handed shenanigans?

Yeah, sounds like you people REALLY believe in the Constitution, don't you?

So, playing by the rules, is back-handed!!!

I'd be mad too, if I rigged the process and got beat at my own game.

Now, go pound some sand!

Yes, the US Constitution, favors the People, not the Establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 AM

1,347 posts, read 921,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is all part of the plan, the Ron Paul campaign has been organized to pull off, under the radar.

Why, because we know the other 3 have no organization what so ever, when it comes to the individual people, that become delegates.

We have been educated how to pull it off and school the Establishment.
Romney has a very organized campaign. I've worked with it. I know people who are Romney delegates hoping to be elected from Maryland. That just isn't true at all.

Gingrich's campaign isn't very organized, and Santorum's is just a train wreck. We can agree there.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Romney has a very organized campaign. I've worked with it. I know people who are Romney delegates hoping to be elected from Maryland. That just isn't true at all.

Gingrich's campaign isn't very organized, and Santorum's is just a train wreck. We can agree there.

You just think Romney has the organization. It is a dwarf, compared to the organization the Paul camp has in every State.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 AM

2,737 posts, read 4,324,955 times
Quote:
So, playing by the rules, is back-handed!!!
I'd be mad too, if I rigged the process and got beat at my own game.
Now, go pound some sand!

Yes, the US Constitution, favors the People, not the Establishment.
You don't have Clue #1 what the Constitution actually says.

And who's mad, besides the Ron Paul Zealots?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM

2,737 posts, read 4,324,955 times
Quote:
You just think Romney has the organization. It is a dwarf, compared to the organization the Paul camp has in every State.
The Ron Paul Camp - as you state it - is largely a bunch of crazy college kids. While that's fine, college kids are not exactly known for their wisdom.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM

473 posts, read 342,436 times
It's my first rodeo so it's hard for me to say, but I'm pretty confident we cleaned house at last night's district Caucus. I bet a full 75% of the delegates that made the ballot were in the RP camp.

I got a kick out of the phony-conservative, fascist cheezball Romneybots sitting in the row in front of me. A few of whom pleaded NOT to support that evil kook RP in their delegate speeches yet had no qualms of handing everyone around them their slate for the night. How embarrassing. They got stomped. Good luck with that 'anyone but RP movement' and the 17 people nationwide that stand behind it.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
You don't have Clue #1 what the Constitution actually says.

And who's mad, besides the Ron Paul Zealots?

Tell us all what the US Constitution actually says, in an unedited version! Not what the Russian Constitution says.

You are posting here with fear in your character. Why post what you have unless your mad, because Paul has worked the system, better than your guy?

You have been pwned!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 9,077,007 times
Quote:
If it has been documented over and over, is it really a conspiracy, or reality?

Turning a blind eye, does this nation no good, for future political contests.
It is also well documented in Korea that if you have a fan running in a closed off room it will kill you.

Your documentation is pathetic. "Ron Paul has the most delegates on the ballots + the other candidates fell short of getting their delegates on the ballot = voter fraud if Ron Paul gets more delegates than popular votes" "Students with Student IDs can't participate even though they are not registered to vote locally and their drivers licenses are from out of area = fraud if they can't vote"

I like Ron Paul, I just don't like most of his supporters. Too small to win an election, too big to be an insane asylum.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:47 AM

18,978 posts, read 15,446,852 times
Quote:
But you fail to realize that the 1144 votes needed won't be there.

The second vote will happen, and the delegates become unbound.
Guess what happens at that point? That is when you crap your pants.
I wouldn't crap my pants, I would celebrate the hilarity of the GOP debacle. However, that isn't the point. Where are these bound delegates going to come from that will stop Romney from reaching 1144 on the first vote? That is the point. Based off the bound delegates Romney has won so far, the bound delegates Romney will pick up on Tuesday, and the bound delegates he will win in the races remaining, the path to stopping him from reaching 1144 is virtually impossible. Thi

Is someone else going to win the popular vote in New Jersey?? Is someone else going to win the state of NY and most of its CD's?? Is someone else going to win CA andmost of its CD's?? This is where Paul and the others face a problem. Romney is going to get a major delegate haul that will be bound to him in the 1st round from these states and others and it with what he has so far its going to be extremely difficult for him not to get 1144 unless the others start picking up these states.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM

As for the claim that “the delegate math just doesn’t add up for the other candidates,” it’s a bit beside the point. If Romney fails to reach 1,144 delegates and heads into a contested convention, it’s doubtful that he’ll take much solace in knowing that none of the other candidates hit 1,144 either.

So a brokered convention is still a long shot, but recall that we’ve perhaps been too generous with Romney in our delegate allocations in New York, Texas and California, especially after the brutal March he is likely about to have.

Can Romney count on 1,144? - POLITICO.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or