U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM

19,636 posts, read 12,359,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That's the rub, there is no "WAR on WOMEN", just the war dreamed up by a party that revels in hypocrisy.

Again, this is NOT about Sarah Palin. This is about the GOPs policies in women's issues. Way to deflect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
And because some more extreme groups or individuals support this, most of whom are not elected officials, the OP wants to make this a GOP issue? You don't see this trick being played? Seriously? You need to do some critical thinking.

It IS a GOP issue when the legislation proposed is written and supported by the GOP. When the people supporting the invasive ultrasounds are part of the GOP. The GOP itself made it their issue.

The GOP is in the process of hanging itself on this one. The DEMs are smart enough to let them do it.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM

41,505 posts, read 51,148,300 times
I encourage ALL true Republican Candidates on local, state and Federal levels to campaign on the need to put and keep women in their place in the home having babies and taking care of their men. It is the right thing to do.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I encourage ALL true Republican Candidates on local, state and Federal levels to campaign on the need to put and keep women in their place in the home having babies and taking care of their men. It is the right thing to do.
The GOP did the damage to themselves. These guys just don't seem to get that.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:03 PM

41,505 posts, read 51,148,300 times
I am practicing my sarcasm. I always encourage my enemies to take bad advice.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am practicing my sarcasm. I always encourage my enemies to take bad advice.

I think you have a pretty good handle on it...

Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM

833 posts, read 553,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The GOP did the damage to themselves. These guys just don't seem to get that.

SSSHHHHHHHH, dont tell the enemy to make a U turn, their heading on a good course, i'm enjoying the view right here, so many channels to choose from, i am so spoilt

Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
SSSHHHHHHHH, dont tell the enemy to make a U turn, their heading on a good course, i'm enjoying the view right here, so many channels to choose from, i am so spoilt

Don't worry, from the posts here, they don't see the obvious.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:22 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,233,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It IS a GOP issue when the legislation proposed is written and supported by the GOP. When the people supporting the invasive ultrasounds are part of the GOP. The GOP itself made it their issue.

The GOP is in the process of hanging itself on this one. The DEMs are smart enough to let them do it.
Correction: The DEMS are attempting to hang this on the entire GOP and only the GOP's. REPUBLICANS and WOMEN are smart enough to not fall for it.

"NEWSER) A pair of Georgia lawmakers are planning to introduce legislation similar to the "personhood" amendment defeated in Mississippi last week. The bill...will be introduced in the state Senate by a Republican, but its sponsor in the Republican-controlled House is... Rick Crawford, an extremely conservative Democrat."
Georgia Democrat Seeks 'Personhood' Amendment - Pro-life lawmakers sponsoring measure that failed in Miss.

"The amendment has been endorsed by candidates for governor from both major parties..."

"The drive for personhood amendments has split the anti-abortion forces nationally. Some groups call it an inspired moral leap, while traditional leaders of the fight, including National Right to Life and the Roman Catholic bishops, have refused to promote it..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/26/us...pagewanted=all

Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,588,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Divide and conquer the Dem way.
Separate out the races, sexual predilections, genders etc. and promise them all special favors.
Yeah, okay. Except that it isn't the Democrats who slip misogynistic policies to GOP candidates and then use hypnotism to make them say the things they say. None of the GOP candidates really have any need for help in coming up with this crap themselves.

I am also not quite sure that the promise of equality for all ("races, sexual predilections, genders") counts as promising special favors - well, perhaps in your world it does. That's probably why you find the GOP candidates so appealing - they cater to minds that are stuck in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or