U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When?
2016 7 20.59%
2020 5 14.71%
2050 8 23.53%
Never 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,493,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Who knows. Maybe Colin Powell's feelings will stop being hurt and he'll run.
I hope not.

A Marco Rubio and Allen West ticked would get my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM

16,709 posts, read 9,075,159 times
Considering that more Americans say that they wouldn't vote for a Mormon than a black person - can being a Mormon be considered a minority?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 PM

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

According to Gallup, the following percentage of Americans refuse to vote for candidates with the following traits:

Black 5
Women 6
Catholic 7
Baptist 7
Jewish 9
Hispanic 10
Mormon 22
Gay or Lesbian 32
Atheist 49

Being a Mormon is possibly harder than being many other minority groups. At least for Romney's sake, the Democrats are significantly more likely to negatively judge Mormons than Republicans.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:38 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,802,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The GOP cant show they are anything but hung up on race.
You and your buds are the only ones who constantly bring up race. Most white people never give race a second thought, but you guys can't leave it alone.
Are you really so unhappy you were born black? Get off your race high horse and try to enjoy life, rather than constantly trying to start a race war.
It's obvious to me there are many blacks who would love to see a race war.. Al baby Sharpton, obama, that chick with the carnival hat who's mother dresses her funny from Texas, the list is long...
Get over yourself, it isn't our fault you resent being black.....

Old 04-03-2012, 06:39 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,660,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

According to Gallup, the following percentage of Americans refuse to vote for candidates with the following traits:

Black 5
Women 6
Catholic 7
Baptist 7
Jewish 9
Hispanic 10
Mormon 22
Gay or Lesbian 32
Atheist 49

Being a Mormon is possibly harder than being many other minority groups. At least for Romney's sake, the Democrats are significantly more likely to negatively judge Mormons than Republicans.
Everyone of those numbers is lamentable. I suppose the best we can do is to note that they're probably all better than they were a decade ago, and hopefully they'll be even better a decade from now.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 PM

16,885 posts, read 13,006,360 times
Quote:
Since they say Obama is all the things they call him when will the GOP show their diversity and put up that minority conservative?

they already did, or do you not consider a woman part of the protected status...............oooooops I forgot, they are only protected if they are democrat or liberal. sorry

Old 04-04-2012, 12:01 AM

34,610 posts, read 33,607,038 times
Quote:
Since they say Obama is all the things they call him when will the GOP show their diversity and put up that minority conservative?
We can't even get the Republican Machine to back a conservative nevermind a minority one.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
We can't even get the Republican Machine to back a conservative nevermind a minority one.
Are you suggesting that Republicans wouldn't back Cain, Condi, Rubio, etc?

Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 AM

8,151 posts, read 5,600,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
When Alan Keyes ran for the nomination a few years back - he was my candidate - I was dissapointed that he lost the primary races he was part of. Herman Cain was my choice this year - and once again I had to find someone else to support. I have always liked and respected both Colin Powell and Condalezza Rice and think they would make good POTUS nominees. I support these individuals not because they are black conservatives, but because I think that they are good conservatives - and in the case of Keyes and Cain I thought at the time that they were the best candidates and wanted to give them my support.

The GOP will nominate a minority soon and when they do - the individual will be promoted for their capability, policy, and trustworthiness - not for their skin color or gender. The candidate will stand or fall based on the merits of their suitability to hold the highest office in the land and if people can get over the fact that they are technically a minority, that individual will be free to lead the republic and keep America strong.

Alan Keyes Arrested - YouTube

Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,106,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You and your buds are the only ones who constantly bring up race. Most white people never give race a second thought, but you guys can't leave it alone.
Are you really so unhappy you were born black? Get off your race high horse and try to enjoy life, rather than constantly trying to start a race war.
It's obvious to me there are many blacks who would love to see a race war.. Al baby Sharpton, obama, that chick with the carnival hat who's mother dresses her funny from Texas, the list is long...
Get over yourself, it isn't our fault you resent being black.....
Sometimes I think this is what goes on in his and others like him, heads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections