U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Romney or Santorum - Who gets your vote in the TX Primary ?
Mitt Romney 23 62.16%
Rick Santorum 14 37.84%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 PM

71,724 posts, read 83,345,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
Ron Paul. I'll vote third party in the Presidential election if Romney or Santorum wins the Republican nomination. And no, I don't care if that means Obama get re-elected. I'd rather have a Republican Congress fighting Obama tooth and nail than a Republican Congress kowtowing to Romney or Santorum.
again, that it the question and the chances are pretty slim Paul will run on a third party. I think it is pretty sad he will not win his own state and maybe come in third.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,439,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
again, that it the question and the chances are pretty slim Paul will run on a third party. I think it is pretty sad he will not win his own state and maybe come in third.

Nita
But in reality, Dr Paul has never been elected to a statewide office, only representing one sole district. I'm sure that most Texans had probably never heard of him until he ran for the Presidential nom.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,649,929 times
If forced by gun to vote for one of the 2, it would be Santorum.... if I had to vote without force behind it or if there were a 3rd choice on this poll, Ron Paul without a doubt

Old 04-07-2012, 05:12 AM

26,629 posts, read 11,160,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But that isn't the question. I am sure many of us wish it was neither..
But why do people have to be limited? That is the entire problem, people making their own rules for others to follow. I would vote for Ron Paul and would settle for Gary Johnson.

"Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense". Big government candidates don't make good sense. For the most part, their policies do not work in the long run.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:15 AM

26,629 posts, read 11,160,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
But in reality, Dr Paul has never been elected to a statewide office, only representing one sole district. I'm sure that most Texans had probably never heard of him until he ran for the Presidential nom.
You are probably correct. Seems strange in a sad way that the most conservative man in Congress isn't well known.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:58 AM

11,435 posts, read 16,439,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You are probably correct. Seems strange in a sad way that the most conservative man in Congress isn't well known.
The way that I first heard about him was when I was going to get my coffee early one morning in Corpus Christi. There were about 2 dozen or so supporters at a busy intersection with signs that said "Ron Paul Revolution" in 2008. After that, I noticed his name more often in a small section of the San Antonio paper that documents how our "local" representatives voted along with about 4 others. Texas is a large state. We tend to only read about our local US reps.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,181,713 times
Ross Perot

Old 04-07-2012, 10:10 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,297,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Neither, I will be voting for Obama no matter who wins the primary. Its not because Im crazy about Obama, but rather because the selection of Republicans is beyond awful.

The only Republican I could have voted for was Jon Huntsman. There was a true moderate who was willing to work across the aisle and respected by people in both parties. It was one person who Republicans wanted no part of. Truth is, I could have easily voted for Huntsman over Obama if he was the nominee and put on a good debate.

Just shows you how extreme modern day American politics has become.
B.S. You would have voted for Oblama no matter who was running against him. That's how it always is with you lockstep liberals.

News: We conservatives don't care who you think we should nominate to be President. Worry about your own party. You've got a big problem to deal with yourself--Oblama's record of failure.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM

71,724 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
you are completely right. We lived in Tx for 13 years and had no idea who the guy was. He never did much of anything, is from a very small district and this is why he probably will not even come in second at the primaries. I have lived a lot of places and we always at least had heard about our state reps, whether we knew much about them of not. We still have friends and a few relatives in Texas, they do know who he is now and are not supporting him at all......

Old 04-07-2012, 11:03 PM

1,584 posts, read 4,100,289 times
Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or