Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 07:34 AM

4,064 posts, read 4,107,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Let me break this down for you. Romney has 655 delegates right now. He only needs 489 to get to 1144. There are a total of 1053 left to get. He doesn't even have to get 50% of those to make it and most of the remaining states favor him. Do you honestly believe that he won't do that barrring some major catastrophe or scandal?
That's the estimate from MSM.

If you only count the primary, he has about 70% of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM

473 posts, read 398,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
That's the estimate from MSM.

If you only count the primary, he has about 70% of those.
Ron Paul has most of the caucus delegates.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,128,125 times
Ok, continue on with your delusional dreams. You all have got to come to grips with reality sooner or later. Ron Paul supporters think that the delegates are going to go against the voters wishes and elect Ron Paul. Rick Santorum thinks the RNC is going to change all of the rules where it benefits him and even change the way delegates were awarded in states that have already voted to benefit him and keep Romney from achieving the 1144. Then they are going to give the nomination to Santorum even though he was not elected by the voters.

Ok, does that sound as crazy and self defeating to anyone else as it does to me? This would be a surefire way to not only lose the general election, but to end the Republican Party.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,498,310 times
Quote:
Ok, continue on with your delusional dreams. You all have got to come to grips with reality sooner or later. Ron Paul supporters think that the delegates are going to go against the voters wishes and elect Ron Paul. Rick Santorum thinks the RNC is going to change all of the rules where it benefits him and even change the way delegates were awarded in states that have already voted to benefit him and keep Romney from achieving the 1144. Then they are going to give the nomination to Santorum even though he was not elected by the voters.

Ok, does that sound as crazy and self defeating to anyone else as it does to me? This would be a surefire way to not only lose the general election, but to end the Republican Party.
it's not like they don't deserve it...

Old 04-06-2012, 01:33 PM

473 posts, read 398,221 times
Quote:

It's blatanatly obvious that the GOP won't let Romney get the nomination. Mainstream Media is shoving Romney down everybody's throat. The GOP will never stand for a Mormon getting the nomination. Romney winning would mean the Republican Party getting co-opted by Wall Street. The evangelicals will fight that to the end.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,820,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
It's blatanatly obvious that the GOP won't let Romney get the nomination. Mainstream Media is shoving Romney down everybody's throat. The GOP will never stand for a Mormon getting the nomination. Romney winning would mean the Republican Party getting co-opted by Wall Street. The evangelicals will fight that to the end.
If they can't get Romney in, they'll just get someone else. Santorum or Gingrich will play ball with the establishment

Old 04-06-2012, 04:04 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
Quote:
Santorum might drop out rather than lose home state primary in Pennsylvania - The Hill's Ballot Box

I am not holding my breath on this though. He just seems to not get it.
I seriously doubt that. If he were going to drop out, he would have done it early this week I think. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about this election season. I was one of the first to say, Romney would not be the nominee. I also thought both Santorum and Newt would drop out months ago and Perry would be right up there.

Nita

Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
He's in the 2012 Primaries for one purpose: To (potentially) position himself as a front-runner in the 2016 Primaries.
If that is the reason I would bet it will backfire. We have so many really exciting young Republicans to watch in 2016 if Romney were not to win this year. If he does we have all those guys and girls ready for 2020.

To all those who say Santorum has no right in the race, yes he does. Anyone who is qualfied has a right to run. Why would someone say he has no right being in the race?

Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
The CNN site is just their estimation. They have been over reporting the stats. Romney won't make it to 1144. It's mathematically impossible unless Gingrich and Santorum drop out. That's why MCM hasn't been posting the delegate count anymore.

It is NOT mathematically impossible with just the bound delegates alone and those two goofballs don't have to drop out to make it so. What is wrong with you that you cannot understand this?

Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I seriously doubt that. If he were going to drop out, he would have done it early this week I think. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about this election season. I was one of the first to say, Romney would not be the nominee. I also thought both Santorum and Newt would drop out months ago and Perry would be right up there.

Nita

Yes, that is why I said I am not holding my breath. Evidently, some 'conservative' leaders have promised to bankroll him to the end so that a Mormon is not the nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections