Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times

Advertisements

I didn't pay much attention to the GOP debates, but maybe I should have.

In this exchange from last December, Romney seems to promise that he'll let Benjamin Netanyahu dictate US foreign policy:

In a telling exchange during a debate in December, Mr. Romney criticized Mr. Gingrich for making a disparaging remark about Palestinians, declaring: “Before I made a statement of that nature, I’d get on the phone to my friend Bibi Netanyahu and say: ‘Would it help if I say this? What would you like me to do?’ “
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/us...it_th_20120408
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
Romney to let Netanyahu dictate US policy?

Why not? Obama is so concerned with his image that he lets the rest of the world dictate his policy. Wouldn't want to offend anyone (except Americans) now, would he?

Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,558,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

In this exchange from last December, Romney seems to promise that he'll let Benjamin Netanyahu dictate US foreign policy:

In a telling exchange during a debate in December, Mr. Romney criticized Mr. Gingrich for making a disparaging remark about Palestinians, declaring: “Before I made a statement of that nature, I’d get on the phone to my friend Bibi Netanyahu and say: ‘Would it help if I say this? What would you like me to do?’ “
I'm thinking you are quite young since Israel has been dictating US foreign policy for decades.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,385,969 times
Quote:

That article makes you wonder just how far Bibi will go to help his buddy Romney win in November. It also makes you wonder if Romney is going to call Jeruselim every morning to ask if it's OK before taking a morning $&@$.

If you are one of those nutball neocon Christian Apocalypse types, itching for the big showdown with Satan, or just a person who believes Israel doesn't have ENOUGH influence over our government, then... Mitt is clearly your boy

Old 04-08-2012, 12:50 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,352 times
I'm remember that, and it still makes me feel sick.

Mitt's just as much an Israel-firster as Santorum and Gingrich are.

Watch closely over the rest of Spring and Summer to see how the situation between the U.S. (specifically President Obama) and Netanyahu develops...

Old 04-08-2012, 01:04 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,385,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I'm remember that, and it still makes me feel sick.

Mitt's just as much an Israel-firster as Santorum and Gingrich are.

Watch closely over the rest of Spring and Summer to see how the situation between the U.S. (specifically President Obama) and Netanyahu develops...
Netanyahu can get all the standing O's he wants from our lickspittle congress, but I think Obama's got his number. Bibi can't move against Iran without us.

What he CAN do, is pick a fresh fight with Hamas or Hezzballah, to complicate things for Obama in the ME just in time for the election. I wouldn't put THAT past the shrewd old bastard.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I'm thinking you are quite young since Israel has been dictating US foreign policy for decades.

No, I'm actually pretty old. Old enough to see the very strong and tight connection between the Neo-Conservative Republican's and the Likud Party in Israel.

Are you?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Romney to let Netanyahu dictate US policy?

Why not? Obama is so concerned with his image that he lets the rest of the world dictate his policy. Wouldn't want to offend anyone (except Americans) now, would he?

This thread isn't about Obama. It's about Romney and Netanyahu.

Please try to stay on topic.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
Quote:
This thread isn't about Obama. It's about Romney and Netanyahu.

Please try to stay on topic.
Ever hear of comparing two similar things to make a point?

Of course, that doesn't fit into your bias.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Nonsense.

The US does look out for it's own self interests. Siding with Israel has been in the US interests.

No use trying to convince people who like to bash Israel, though. They have made up their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections