Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:45 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,402,321 times

Advertisements

I heard that Gingrich is $4 Million in the hole right now in Campaign debts and that Santorum is running out of $$ too and thinking of calling it quits (perhaps before he loses his own state of PA).

Time for Newt Gingrich to Drop Out @PolicyMic | Jennifer Moore

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/us...e-leaders.html

That should make things interesting. I wonder if the delegates who have yet to be counted for both of those would then choose among the remaining candidates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 AM

52 posts, read 115,449 times
Should have long ago. The longer they remain in,the better for Obama.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuman View Post
Should have long ago. The longer they remain in,the better for Obama.
I don't think Obama has a snowball's chance in you know where of getting re-elected.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,925,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I don't think..........
obviously

Old 04-08-2012, 03:55 PM

If enthusiastic crowds translate to votes like they did for Obama, shouldn't Ron Paul be the nominee (unless Goldman Sachs has the voting machines rigged to make sure Romney ends up the nominee)?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM

136 posts, read 85,065 times
I hope not. I want them to stay in as long as possible. Might be good for Gingrich to drop out and hopefully they gives his supporters to Santorum.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:18 PM

2,324 posts, read 5,488,406 times
I just want them to stay in long enough for a few more caucus states to have their conventions and then drop out. That way Obamney won't get the delegates and they can vote however they want in Florida. Good luck getting the necessary majority then.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,083,604 times
It depends on how each state awards it's delegates. I think a lot of them still vote for the candidate that dropped out because they have to, but some states may unbind them at that point. I'm not entirely sure, but I do know both Huckabee and Romney got delegates in 08, most likely because they were bound and had no choice. Most of the uncommitted delegates or unbound delegates that lost their candidate rallied around McCain. Most delegates that had been planning to vote for Santorum and Gingrich but are now free will almost certainly go to Romney. If there are any formerly bound delegates that were loosed because the candidate left the race, those might go to Paul, depending on who they had actually been supporting. In most cases the delegates elected are the same as the popular vote in primary states, so if any of them even have the freedom to vote for who they want now, I imagine they will go with Romney. Caucus delegates are still a wild card. Either way, Romney's in the clear.

And no, crowds don't = votes. I am in college. TONS of people went to a Ron Paul rally at our campus, including myself and many others who weren't going to vote for him. But most of the people there seemed to like Paul a lot. I know almost no one who actually voted though, even out of people that were there.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:47 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,226,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I heard that Gingrich is $4 Million in the hole right now in Campaign debts and that Santorum is running out of $$ too and thinking of calling it quits (perhaps before he loses his own state of PA).

Time for Newt Gingrich to Drop Out @PolicyMic | Jennifer Moore

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/us...e-leaders.html

That should make things interesting. I wonder if the delegates who have yet to be counted for both of those would then choose among the remaining candidates?
I have heard Newt twice this week, one time today, that isn't what he was saying. We will soon see.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:52 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,925,461 times
Romney ought to offer gingrich 5 mill to endorse romney..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections