Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,643,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Not until the Ron Paul types start running for election at every level of government. School boards, township trustees, city council, etc. Then after several terms they can run for congress and senate. Then and only then they will be a movement and have some power.
You haven't been paying attention, then. I don't know about school boards but they are most certainly running at local levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,667,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Not until the Ron Paul types start running for election at every level of government. School boards, township trustees, city council, etc. Then after several terms they can run for congress and senate. Then and only then they will be a movement and have some power.
That will be me in the near future. I am still in school (Political Science minor in Economics and Law School may follow). We'll see.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
The campaign needs to DESTROY Romney now, if they're serious about winning.
That has been the error of Ron Paul's campaign, attacking the others in the GOP instead of attacking Obama's policies and unConstitutional acts. I would have loved to have seen hard hitting videos on Obama the way he launched him on the other GOP candidated. This mistake has cost Paul big time. A fatal error when it comes to getting delegates, IMO. YMMV

Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,934,632 times
Paul, like Ross Perot, is simply a fringe, not mainstream candidate. As such, he had no chance of winning the nomination and was honest enough to admit he couldn't see himself as the nominee early on.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM

2,943 posts, read 3,509,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
That will be me in the near future. I am still in school (Political Science minor in Economics and Law School may follow). We'll see.
I hope you will support Romney over Obama.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I hope you will support Romney over Obama.
I seriously doubt that will happen for two reasons:
  • Most Paul supporters do see that much difference between Obama and Romney and frankly they are correct, so why change horses in midstream.
  • Romney's vision of America is not theirs and as such there will few that are willing to support him, it is a matter of principle, one of the few qualities I do admire about their group. They may be a little too harsh in their message to those that disagree but most do have the best interests of the Nation at heart.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Why? I don't see a difference between Romney and Obama.
Oh there is one big difference! Nobody will stand behind it though

Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's pretty evident that all three of you didn't even bother to read the link.
They love to hate the man...for no good reason.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They love to hate the man...for no good reason.
Sorry to burst your bubble, no I'm not, but I do not hate the man, do I disagree with some of his ideas, sure, but hate the man, not on your life.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,767,461 times
Santorum drops out with no endorsement, all the major social conservative groups praise Santorum with no mention of Romney, Newt sees new life in his campaign and is going to try and get Santorums delegates, and Ron Paul sees a major opening.

They just won't give Romney a break now will they? He most likely will be the nominee but I can't see him having a very strong backing or enthusiasm from his base. Like the never ending story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections