Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
As a life long Jersey resident, this is wishful thinking. The Dems maybe forced to spend more money here than they intended to, but Obama will win this state handily.
I agree. I don't live in NJ, but I live five miles away across the Delaware River; besides I'm in NJ at least once or twice a week. I do not think that Romney has much of a chance winning in the Garden State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I agree. I don't live in NJ, but I live five miles away across the Delaware River; besides I'm in NJ at least once or twice a week. I do not think that Romney has much of a chance winning in the Garden State.

While I suspect Christie will help him tighten it, I agree, but making BO spend money and time in NJ, is time not spent in swing states.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
If Christie is on the ticket, he can win it, definitely. Even with him not on the ticket, Obama will have to fight for it.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
I doubt Christie will be VP, and that may be good. I do not want him rushed, the way Jindal seemed to be. Let him continue making NJ stronger for at least 1 full term, and he'll be a force to be reckoned with for a longer period of time.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I doubt Christie will be VP, and that may be good. I do not want him rushed, the way Jindal seemed to be. Let him continue making NJ stronger for at least 1 full term, and he'll be a force to be reckoned with for a longer period of time.

I don't think he will be either. He has been and will continue to be a great surrogate in the campaign, but I just don't see him as VP material. He is not the stay in the background type.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Well, in a recent poll in MA (a deep blue state), Obama is ahead against Romney, but not where I thought he would be (51-40). I expected Obama to be 60+ (he won the state by 26 points 62-36 in 2008). Polls are still hard to read at this point, but this *might* be an indication that support is softening which could put some more states in play.
You know, I keep hearing that the more people get to know Romney, the less they lke him. It sounds to me that the people who know him best, the people of Massachusetts, seem to like him a lot. They definitely showed that in their primary last month. And now this poll- and in a state where only 11% of registered voters are affiliated with the GOP and 49% are unaffiliated. it sounds like independents in Massachusetts must like him. I can't wait for the rest of the country to get to know him more.

But he still will not win MA or NJ

Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
You know, I keep hearing that the more people get to know Romney, the less they lke him. It sounds to me that the people who know him best, the people of Massachusetts, seem to like him a lot. They definitely showed that in their primary last month. And now this poll- and in a state where only 11% of registered voters are affiliated with the GOP and 49% are unaffiliated. it sounds like independents in Massachusetts must like him. I can't wait for the rest of the country to get to know him more.

But he still will not win MA or NJ

I agree, I think those that know him best, seem to like him best. So many people form their opinions off just the snippets of bad news coverage they get. They don't do any reading or research on their own. If that is all I relied on, I might not eve support him. It has all been so negative and biased and it's not going to get any better. But when MA voted so overwhelmingly for Mitt, that was an affirmation to the sort of job he did there. People do not support you in the area you have lived for years if you are a phony or not what you are pretending or haven't done a good job.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:52 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
New Jersey General Election poll out this morning: Obama 49, Romney 40.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
You won't see one Romney or Obama ad in NJ unless you live near Philadelphia. Romney has to play offense and defense in so many states that he can't afford to throw good money down a sinkhole. He's going to have to carpet Miami, Cleveland, St Louis, Charlotte, Washington DC and Denver in ads, he can't run ads in expensive markets like NYC to reach New Jerseyans.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
^Romney and Obama can run ads on national cable networks (CNN, Fox) to reach plenty of people across the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections