U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 PM
 
Location: NC
10,005 posts, read 9,022,835 times
Reputation: 3073

Advertisements

His largest lead yet.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p..._NC_041112.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,865,518 times
Reputation: 1429
The margin of error is 3.1 so this is still not much of a lead actually. Obama has got issues if this is the best he is doing and Romney isn't even the nominee yet. Once he is and Republicans start to come together, Obama will be hurting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 AM
 
3,879 posts, read 3,295,407 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The margin of error is 3.1 so this is still not much of a lead actually. Obama has got issues if this is the best he is doing and Romney isn't even the nominee yet. Once he is and Republicans start to come together, Obama will be hurting.
You're right, now the focus will be on Obama's failures. The Republicans and a good deal of Independents will rally around Romney as things become clearer.

Romney will even pull quite a few Democrats also. 3+ years of Obama lies, BS, Spin and unkept promises coupled with 2 ongoing wars ( yes they belong to Obama now) high unemployment, gas prices,Bernanke, Geithner and Eric Holder will draw a sharp contrast against Romney.

In short " Hope & Change" the sequel will prove to be a flop. Now Obama has to run on his record instead of empty slogans/promises.

Nearly 4 years of " Blame Bush" just doesn't cut it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,665,038 times
Reputation: 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You're right, now the focus will be on Obama's failures. The Republicans and a good deal of Independents will rally around Romney as things become clearer.

Romney will even pull quite a few Democrats also. 3+ years of Obama lies, BS, Spin and unkept promises coupled with 2 ongoing wars ( yes they belong to Obama now) high unemployment, gas prices,Bernanke, Geithner and Eric Holder will draw a sharp contrast against Romney.

In short " Hope & Change" the sequel will prove to be a flop. Now Obama has to run on his record instead of empty slogans/promises.

Nearly 4 years of " Blame Bush" just doesn't cut it anymore.
You keep telling yourself that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,240 posts, read 3,287,914 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You're right, now the focus will be on Obama's failures. The Republicans and a good deal of Independents will rally around Romney as things become clearer.

Romney will even pull quite a few Democrats also. 3+ years of Obama lies, BS, Spin and unkept promises coupled with 2 ongoing wars ( yes they belong to Obama now) high unemployment, gas prices,Bernanke, Geithner and Eric Holder will draw a sharp contrast against Romney.

In short " Hope & Change" the sequel will prove to be a flop. Now Obama has to run on his record instead of empty slogans/promises.

Nearly 4 years of " Blame Bush" just doesn't cut it anymore.
lol you have no idea how elections work. George Bush didn't run on his record in 2004, he made it about John Kerry being a flip flop and won. Obama will make this election about what a scumbag Romney is and win in a landslide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 AM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,184,561 times
Reputation: 11619
Got a more balanced poll than one done by PPP, the Rasmussen of the Democrat Party? NC is still in tossup mode according to RCP, and RCP has it as tossup, leaning Romney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 AM
 
Location: West Egg
2,161 posts, read 1,664,850 times
Reputation: 1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Got a more balanced poll than one done by PPP, the Rasmussen of the Democrat Party? NC is still in tossup mode according to RCP, and RCP has it as tossup, leaning Romney
Uh huh...

In 2010, PPP polls had a slight Republican bias (ie, they slightly over-estimated the performances of Republican candidates).
http://www.538host.com/pollacc1.png (broken link)
Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

And as for North Carolina, in 2010 PPP polled the Senate race there 16 times, showed Richard Burr (R) winning every time, and their last poll nailed his 12% margin of victory on the spot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_North_Carolina,_2 010#Polling_3

Actually, I suspect Romney will ultimately carry North Carolina, but my reasons don't involve whining about the pollster in question, particularly when that pollster doesn't show the left-wing bias you claim it does -- I simply expect this election to be closer than the 2008 election (Romney has demonstrated considerably more competence than John McCain) and North Carolina was a very narrow win for Obama in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 AM
 
1,072 posts, read 2,513,217 times
Reputation: 1286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post

Actually, I suspect Romney will ultimately carry North Carolina, but my reasons don't involve whining about the pollster in question, particularly when that pollster doesn't show the left-wing bias you claim it does -- I simply expect this election to be closer than the 2008 election (Romney has demonstrated considerably more competence than John McCain) and North Carolina was a very narrow win for Obama in 2008.
I'm still kind of in shock Obama carried it in 2008. I think Romney will probably end up taking North Carolina but the fact that North Carolina is going to be a fight is not a good sign for the Romney camp. His unfavorables are awful 56% see him as unfavorable and 62% of independents view him as unfavorable. That's quite the uphill battle he has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,014 posts, read 83,671,479 times
Reputation: 41810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Not a total surprise and I would think, your living in the state would know that. He carried it in 2008. That being said, I still think Romney can pull the state back to the Red, but we will know in less than 7 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 AM
 
Location: NC
10,005 posts, read 9,022,835 times
Reputation: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The margin of error is 3.1 so this is still not much of a lead actually. Obama has got issues if this is the best he is doing and Romney isn't even the nominee yet. Once he is and Republicans start to come together, Obama will be hurting.
It is North Carolina. If Republicans cannot win NC then they are pretty much scr**ed. Furthermore Obama is trending upwords as the poll says while Mitt is on a downward trajectory.

Additionally, Obama is starting to run on the issues contrary to what Republicans are saying. He has has attacked Romney for not supporting the president's Auto bailout package, and now Romney is being hit for his wishy washy positions on the Lilly Ledbetter act that Obama and the Democrats passed.

As to NC I think Obama will ultimately win here, especially if he is able to maintain his on the ground organizational message. As I have said numerous times North Carolina, while less then most of the south, is still a socially conservative state. It is not really an economically conservative state. If the Republicans had nominated someone who was a consistent social conservative they would probably have no problem wining NC, but absent that it will be close, even advantage Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top