Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I think she should work, I don't believe she gets a pass because she married rich, practice what you preach and get the **** up and go to work. Typical republican nonsense, come down hard on the poor and hire them for minimal wages. Bet mitt has a house full of illegals, maids, lawn workers and so forth. I doubt she actually raises her kids.
Uh, her kids are all over 30. The oldest is 40. I think she's done raising her kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Seems like Ann is taking a cue from her husband in how to look foolish.

Romney floats new proposals, Ann Romney calls Rosen controversy a ‘present’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
I don't understand what was so insulting about her comment.

It was obvious she was referring to a 'paid' job, outside the home.

I've been both, SAHM and a working mom.

I didn't find the SAHM particularly 'hard', and I didn't have maids and nannies to help me!

It was much harder to be a working mom, something Mrs. Romney knows absolutely nothing about.

I would not take her advice on economics, which is what Mitt keeps saying he values her opinion on.

Does she even know that 99% of people do not have an unlimited bank account from which they can take and use money?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:42 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
She's not in any way connected with Obama or the Democratic party. She is a CNN political pundit.
of course she isn't, she has just found herself at the white house over 30 times!!!
boy, some folks will buy any thing rather than face the truth!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Got a link to back that up?
-sotto voce-
*of course not*
GOOGLE IT
unless you can not find your mouse
it is out there for anyone to read~
"laughs at foolishness""
that would be me HA

Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
GOOGLE IT
unless you can not find your mouse
it is out there for anyone to read~
"laughs at foolishness""
that would be me HA
You're laughing at your own foolishness?
Dont mind me joining in.
BTW, I suggest you read this, you certainly are in dire need of it;
Robert's Rules of Order Online - Debate - Art. VII

Old 04-16-2012, 05:08 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
The Romney's don't want to go too far with this if they know what's good for them

Romney: Welfare parents

Old 04-16-2012, 05:13 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,994 times
Romney seems to have adopted the "I'm not an XXX, Obama is an XXX" tactic when trying to deflect criticism...and it's laughably childish and transparent.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Did the left squeal about the great Theeeeerezzzza Heinz Kerry and how she never worked while bilking all that ketchup money? Did Hanoi John "Ketchup Meiser" Kerry get taken to the coals over his fortune for marrying that dough? His fortune was off limits. LOL. What a pack of hypocrites.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Romney seems to have adopted the "I'm not an XXX, Obama is an XXX" tactic when trying to deflect criticism...and it's laughably childish and transparent.

I know!

Within the last couple of weeks, Mittens has made comments about President Obama having spent "too much"time at Harvard:

Quote:
Speaking at his Pennsylvania campaign headquarters this morning, Mitt Romney attacked President Obama as out of touch for spending too much time at Harvard, where the president went to law school. “We have a president, who I think is is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps,” Romney said.
Mittens, himself, has twice as many degrees......from where?

Harvard, of course.

Harvard Graduate Romney Says Obama Spent ‘Too Much Time At Harvard’

And from the same site:

Quote:
Romney has previously attacked Obama for taking advice from the “Harvard faculty lounge,” even though one of Romney’s top economic advisers is Harvard professor Greg Mankiw.

And then he calls President Obama "out of touch:"

Quote:
“Years of flying around on Air Force One, surrounded by an adoring staff of true believers telling you what a great job you are doing, well, that might be enough to make you a little out of touch,” Romney said.
Romney: Obama left 'out of touch' by true believers - Los Angeles Times

I wonder how many car elevators President Obama has? Or how many Cadillacs does Michelle drive? And how many homes do they have? (Hint: none, none, and one.)

Doesn't Mittens listen to what people are saying about HIM? The term "out of touch" is tossed around all the time in regards to him and for him to use that very same term about President Obama just seems.....odd.

If nothing else, one might have expected him to use a different term because all it did was remind us who really is "out of touch."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections