Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
This is good news.

True Christians should have always been for Paul from the start if they valued the Golden Rule, Just War Theory, honest weights and measures and other Biblical values which Ron Paul embody. It's a pity that they were misguided and lead along by Santorum. The other breed of Christians who were promised a Christian Theocracy which reports to the Pope, by Santorum, would be deeply disappointed by Paul.

So this is what an influential Christian leader had to say about voting for Obamney:

That's a fine idiot we have there^^, but even his vote is a vote. Won't he be rudely surprised when Paul swears by the Bible to uphold the Constitution and not swear by the Constitution to uphold the Bible? :-D
True Christians are for Paul? OMG, so now you speak for all Christians and you determine who is a "True Christian"?
Clue: No, You Do Not. Jeeeez moving, you can do better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Paul Meets Quietly with Evangelicals

Very interesting...they aren't turning to Romney or Gingrich...not a shock really but this could give a nice boost in the polls and maybe win a few states.
Do you really think the Evangelicals are going to support Paul? I am sure a few will, but overall, not!!!!!!!

To moving-pain,

As a Chritian, I find your comment about Christians should all support Paul an insult and I find your trying to tell people who they should vote for over the edge. I can assure you, most Christians I know, in fact all of them are supporting someone other than Paul. In fact within our congregation which is pretty evangelical, we have 2 retired pastors and their spouses who happen to be supporting Romney.

You may not meant your statement to say, Christians should not support anyone but Paul, but that is how it sounds.

Last edited by nmnita; 04-13-2012 at 10:13 AM..

Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
One thing Ron Paul doesn't do is pander. It isn't in his vocabulary.
Normally I would agree, but what would you call this latest move?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
They asked to meet with him and he agreed. That's what it's called.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:17 AM

473 posts, read 400,195 times
They won't support Gingrich. That's for darn sure.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
He didn't "pick" any group. He was speaking to people in Ft Worth and they wanted to meet with Paul afterwords and 1 preacher asked him if he was planning on staying in until Tampa or dropping out. Paul told him I am staying in the preacher said that's all he needed to know. Seriously you are failing here...kind of like a kid that can't swim keeps flailing their arms around...
If religion-card isn't at play here, why does your thread read "evangelicals"?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:23 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I watched the religious Thanksgiving round table debate with Paul and all the other candidates a while back.
The audience seemed extremely impressed with Paul's answers,
as well did the other candidates on the panel.

If I was a Christian, he would exactly be the person I would
want to support, because Paul does value the things you've
just mentioned.
Paul walks the walk
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Meeting with people who want to speak with him and find out what kind of POTUS he would make. Did you not know that Ron Paul is a man of devote faith? The difference between him and those attempting to overtly appeal to the far right is that Paul does not use his postition to evangelize.

Unlike our current POTUS Ron Paul would seek to be a public servant head of state to all the people. He would serve the US Constitution, not "special interest" groups.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:23 AM

473 posts, read 400,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If religion-card isn't at play here, why does your thread read "evangelicals"?
Becuase they're the ones who don't want Romney as thier candidate, and they rule the South.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Becuase they're the ones who don't want Romney as thier candidate, and they rule the South.
Well, yeah! That is republicanism at work.

And ought to be treated as a crucial win... US Constitution demands forming alliances based on religious grounds. Ron Paul is picking up something that Barry Goldwater refused to accept (and paid the price for it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections