Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I can't and won't speak for other conservatives, but although I didn't support Romney as "my" candidate, if he recieves the nomination as it appears he will, I will give him my vote. We as a nation simply can not afford another term of Obama. I think it may surprise you as to how many voters feel exactly as I do and I can assure you, whatever the final result, it will not be a runaway as it was in 08 and in any event, it is also a strong possibility that the GOP will also take control of the Senate, although I do expect them to lose a few seats in the house.
It doesn't surprise me at all, since you live in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 09:51 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,011,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Even if half of Santorum’s supporters vote for Mitt, this still does not give him the necessary 60+ % to secure the GOP nomination.

Paying attention yet?

Romney's in trouble and pied pipering his minions to a very interesting convention.
Look what's ahead, New York, California, New Jersey, Pennsylvainia, Indiana, these will likely be strong states for Romney.
Also he won the Primaris in Ohio, New Hampshire and Florida which are swing states.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Look what's ahead, New York, California, New Jersey, Pennsylvainia, Indiana, these will likely be strong states for Romney.
Since he is pretty much unopposed now, he should win the Republican primary in those states.
I think the more interesting detail is going to be turn-out.
Will people throng to the polls to show that they really want Romney to be the nominee, or will they shrug their shoulders and say 'oh,well?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Also he won the Primaris in Ohio, New Hampshire and Florida which are swing states.
Irrelevant, since he was running against other republicans.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Romney has accumulated 4,595,908 or only about 41% of votes cast by Republicans thus far.

Are Republicans concerned that a majority of Republicans have selected Not Romney?
When you have 8 or 9 candidates running in the beginning and still have 4 just a few months before the last primaries, this isn't unusual. I wonder what percentage supported Reagan in the spring of 1980? Now, if there are polls taken in Sept that show only 40% of the Republicans support him, there is reason for worry...If anything 41% is a very high percentage.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Anybody but Obama.
That's a winning argument for Republicans. It's not a winning argument for many moderate and independent voters who WANT SOUND POLICY IDEAS not anti-Obama rhetoric.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Interesting. Unfortunately the current vote totals don't support your theory.
When discussing issues with Conservatives any FACTS that don't support their positions are either ignored or rejected.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,011,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
When discussing issues with Conservatives any FACTS that don't support their positions are either ignored or rejected.
there was 8 orginial canidates, at least 4 for every Primary, so Romeny is doing quite Fine, and some strong Romney states like, Texas, Indiana, California, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvainia are coming up.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL ok, Anne Romney was not the typical stay at home mom. She can't compare herself to me or those moms like me. I am not wealthy like she is and I struggled being a stay at home mom. She didn't struggle at all. Sorry, can't relate to them at all.
And neither can MOST American women that have to raise children either as stay at home moms or working moms.

How the hell can a woman that has a husband that earns tens of millions of dollars a year mostly through capital gains taxed at 15% with a household staff and according to Mitt Romney TWO CADILLACS be described as "STRUGGLING"?

It's this kind of rhetoric that shows how totally tone deaf and out of touch both Mitt and Anne Romney are with the majority of the American people.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
I am a registered Republican and will not EVER vote for Romney. As far as I'm concerned, he and St. Hope and Change are pretty much the same so, those voting for Romney are throwing their votes away. (Oooh, didn't like that did ya? Ya, you know why? Because it's just as BS as when you say I'm throwing mine away by voting for Paul.)

I'm not voting for Paul because he's "Not Romney", however. Unlike some people, I stand up for principle.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:51 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,316 times
This is a four-way-race, getting 41% of the vote is very respectable. This race went on longer than previous primaries because of SuperPACS and proportional allocation, so it remained a four-way race longer than any other nomination process I can remember. Now it is a three-way race with no signs of Gingrich or Paul dropping out. Let's look at the vote totals on June 26 after every state has voted, shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections