Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,422 times

Advertisements

Say what you want about Romney's record on guns, but that is a debate for another thread. This thread is a debate about the semantics of which one of Mitt's family members owns the gun. That's right, we are actually having that debate. And this, my friends, is the problem with this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 03:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Say what you want about Romney's record on guns, but that is a debate for another thread. This thread is a debate about the semantics of which one of Mitt's family members owns the gun. That's right, we are actually having that debate. And this, my friends, is the problem with this country.
The problem with this country is that people are willing to discount and deflect from the actual track records of their preferred politicians for little reason other than that politician's party affiliation.

Continue with your attempts at deflection. The facts remain, Romney has a record of anti-gun behavior. He's actually signed more anti-gun legislation into law than has Obama (who is anything but a friend of gun rights).

Romney has also followed the lead of Obama in his attempts to lie about his position on gun rights in an underhanded attempt to gain more votes.

From the Gun Owners of America website regarding Romney;

Quote:
Gun Owners of America today sent an Open Letter to Gov. Mitt Romney, asking him -- yet again -- to submit his survey responses to GOA.
“We sent you a questionnaire not once, not twice but three times now,” said GOA Vice Chairman Tim Macy.
“What did you send back? A form letter stating you are pro-Second Amendment -- with absolutely nothing to back up this laughable claim. As Governor, you were proudly anti-Second Amendment, but as you have with most issues, you have now changed your stripes to spots.”
Where Does Romney Stand Today on the Second Amendment? - Gun Owners Of America

Quote:
Dear Governor Romney,
At the recent Conservative political Action Conference, you said in a speech that you were “severely conservative” as Governor of Massachusetts.
Are you still severely conservative? Because if you are, why don’t you answer the Gun Owners of America questionnaire on Second Amendment issues of concern to “conservative,” “moderate,” and even some “liberal” Americans.
We sent you a questionnaire not once, not twice but three times now. What did you send back? A form letter stating you are pro-Second Amendment -- with absolutely nothing to back up this laughable claim.
Open Letter - Gun Owners Of America

Romney has no comprehension whatsoever of words so plain as "Shall Not Be Infringed". Despite his abysmal record with regard to gun rights he now attempts to portray himself as Pro-gun in an effort to gain more votes.

You can love and support Romney all you please, it's your right. Don't presume a right to lie, deflect, and distort in an effort to make Romney appear as anything other than the demonstrably anti-gun political hack he is.

Romney made his choices while holding office. He should have to live with the results of having done so.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:58 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
The problem with this country is that people are willing to discount and deflect from the actual track records of their preferred politicians for little reason other than that politician's party affiliation.

Continue with your attempts at deflection. The facts remain, Romney has a record of anti-gun behavior. He's actually signed more anti-gun legislation into law than has Obama (who is anything but a friend of gun rights).

Romney has also followed the lead of Obama in his attempts to lie about his position on gun rights in an underhanded attempt to gain more votes.

Romney has no comprehension whatsoever of words so plain as "Shall Not Be Infringed". Despite his abysmal record with regard to gun rights he now attempts to portray himself as Pro-gun in an effort to gain more votes.

You can love and support Romney all you please, it's your right. Don't presume a right to lie, deflect, and distort in an effort to make Romney appear as anything other than the demonstrably anti-gun political hack he is.

Romney made his choices while holding office. He should have to live with the results of having done so.
I'm not deflecting, I'm keeping the thread on topic. Start a new thread if you wish to debate Romney's gun record. This is a thread discussing a statement he made. Some people are hi-jacking it to have a separate debate, which they are welcome to do by starting another thread.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I'm not deflecting, I'm keeping the thread on topic. Start a new thread if you wish to debate Romney's gun record. This is a thread discussing a statement he made. Some people are hi-jacking it to have a separate debate, which they are welcome to do by starting another thread.
The thread deals with Romney's lies with regard to guns. Comments regarding those lies are in no way off topic.

Start yet another Romney cheerleading thread if you want to minimize his lies and abuses.

Thanks for your misdirected efforts at moderation in support of your preferred candidate.

Bottom line is he is not a pro-gun candidate despite his lies and the endless deflection and support of those that are promoting him as a viable candidate.

If you want to give him a pass on his actions knock yourself out. Don't presume a right to attempt to moderate me into silence when I dispute your efforts.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:04 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Quote:
Romney - "I’m a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms"
No you don't.

"Ok I don't"

Quote:
Romney - "I have a gun of my own"
No you don't.

"Ok I don't"

Old 04-14-2012, 04:38 PM

Thumbs down huh?

Quote:
This thread is a debate about the semantics of which one of Mitt's family members owns the gun.
No it isn't.

Mitt Romney lied to a reporter regarding whether or not he owned a gun.

On the Record.

He said this as well...

Quote:
So trying to find more laws to change bad behavior isn’t the answer, the answer is to find that bad behavior the people who are inclined to bad behavior, my own view is lets protect the second amendment let’s protect the right of Americans to bear arms whether for hunting, for sportsman for personal protection for whatever legal purpose someone might have.
What?!! ...Is that you Palin? Make a sentence man, good grief.

Tell us how you really feel, not how you think we want you to respond.

No wonder the Republican's call Romney etch a sketch.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
the new great satan, a white guy with a firearm.
what about the standard hood uniform--- pants down and 9mm?
where is the moral outrage?
its not what is said and done, its who says and does it.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the new great satan, a white guy with a firearm.
what about the standard hood uniform--- pants down and 9mm?
where is the moral outrage?
its not what is said and done, its who says and does it.
Wrong thread?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:13 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post

So vote for the great protector of the second amendment, Obama.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
So vote for the great protector of the second amendment, Obama.
Right, after all there are only 2 choices.

Grow up and get a clue. Rejecting Romney does not require embracing Obama. Both of them suck.

Congratulations for not employing your usual tactic of urging gun owners to surrender more of our rights in order to keep a few of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections