U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:32 AM

93 posts, read 29,359 times
Default The least interesting man in the world

OMG, B. Maher came up with this one referring to Willard Rommney, and it could have not been a better description for the man; Rommney has no wit, no sense of humor, he stutters and stumbles when talking, flip flops on every issue, does not have a clear plan despite running for office for over five years, only right wingers that would vote for a crocodile if the gop candidate, would vote for such an unappealing candidate, look at the
low numbers he attracted during the primaries, overall less than 35% of gop voters, this poor guy will fail miserably, and if he keeps running, I have bad news for him, Hillary may be the opponent for 2016....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 AM

2,160 posts, read 725,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
OMG, B. Maher came up with this one referring to Willard Rommney, and it could have not been a better description for the man; Rommney has no wit, no sense of humor, he stutters and stumbles when talking, flip flops on every issue, does not have a clear plan despite running for office for over five years, only right wingers that would vote for a crocodile if the gop candidate, would vote for such an unappealing candidate, look at the
low numbers he attracted during the primaries, overall less than 35% of gop voters, this poor guy will fail miserably, and if he keeps running, I have bad news for him, Hillary may be the opponent for 2016....
While I won't be voting for Romney, whether or not a candidate is 'interesting' is irrelevant to me.

The idea that he might run again in 2016 if he loses this year seems remote. Losing a Presidential election in this age pretty much precludes ever getting the nomination again. It used to be much more common. Nixon was the last to do it, 44 years ago now. Adlai Stevenson was Ike's losing opponent twice, and Williams Jennings Bryan lost three times.

It will be interesting if a one-time loser ever runs again, but it would seem to take special circumstances for that to happen. Not sure what those might be, though.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:54 AM

8,761 posts, read 4,974,449 times
Quote:

We are not electing someone to entertain you. We are electing someone to get this country back on track and provide some grownup leadership...something we have lacked for over three years now.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:49 AM

1,429 posts, read 440,681 times
Bill Maher... lol Come up with somebody credible and/or actually funny next time to quote.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:09 AM

22,059 posts, read 16,894,268 times
Quote:
I'll say it again and keep saying it about Bill Maher. HBO has no advertising. HBO does not make its money by charging for advertising. Ratings determine how much you can charge for advertising in regular TV Land so you have to appeal to more people. HBO, however, makes its money from getting new subscribers. HBO gets new subscribers by touting its award winning shows. Hollywood nominates and votes for award winning shows. All Bill Maher needs to do to keep his job is to get Hollywood to vote for him at awards time. Bill Maher says what Hollywood wants to hear to get them to vote for his show so HBO can talk about its "award winning" series to attract new subscribers. And what does Hollywood want to hear? This stuff.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:43 AM

29,011 posts, read 9,252,870 times
I don't usually drink beer(and neither does Mitt Romney), but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:18 AM

9,804 posts, read 4,964,761 times
Quote:
Hey! That sounds just like Obama!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:33 AM

14,023 posts, read 9,325,829 times
Saturday Night Live calls him the, "Eh, I guess" candidate. One their writers, Jim Downey, described Romney like this: “There’s a creepy youth minister kind of squareness to him, especially combined with that goofy eagerness to please.”

Generally, I don't pay much attention to comics when it comes to politics, but this time I think they've nailed Mitt.

Poor guy. He's as wooden as Al Gore, as unexciting and untrustworthy as John Kerry and comes across as a living Ken doll. He leaves the impression that somebody has pre-worn his jeans for him.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 AM

3,164 posts, read 4,128,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
He's as wooden as Al Gore, as unexciting and untrustworthy as John Kerry and comes across as a living Ken doll.
True, but I'm not sure that we fared much better with "the guy you'd most like to have a beer with" that was voted into office in each of those elections.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:38 AM

7,275 posts, read 2,335,075 times
Quote:
Dude, I totally agree. Bush was the obvious choice in 2000. Gore was a total bore. Bush had that better personality than Gore, I'd much rather go to a bar and have a beer with Bush, than Gore.

Vote for who you want to have a beer summit with, Obama 2012!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections