Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 06:14 PM

22,145 posts, read 19,384,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
If you look at the Numbers the gap drops every poll after January, but anyway Obama will likely win Massachusetts, but Romney has a small chance of winning (I'd say like 20% chance)
No it hasn't, it dropped in two polls in a row, prior to that it was climbing in the last few polls. Fact of the matter is Scott is a staunch Republican and was terrible in 2010 If you honestly think Romney has a 20% chance of winning Massachusetts you simply have no clue how Presidential politics work Not to be critical, but you have no idea whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,141,172 times
Nothing has been usual about this election. What was the thing about no Republican candidate getting the nomination without winning South Carolina in years? That seems to be over now. I don't think Mitt Romney will carry MA just because it's like the bluest state in the country, but I really think anything can happen this election. It has been odd to say the least.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:23 PM

13,986 posts, read 14,909,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No it hasn't, it dropped in two polls in a row, prior to that it was climbing in the last few polls. Fact of the matter is Scott is a staunch Republican and was terrible in 2010 If you honestly think Romney has a 20% chance of winning Massachusetts you simply have no clue how Presidential politics work Not to be critical, but you have no idea whatsoever.
Look, people I talk to (who tend to live in Massachusetts) prefer Mitt Romney to Obama about 60-40, abiet I don't live in the Liberal Bastion on Cambridge, or North Hampton ect. this will prove to be the tighest Presidental election in Massachusetts since 1992.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Look, people I talk to (who tend to live in Massachusetts) prefer Mitt Romney to Obama about 60-40, abiet I don't live in the Liberal Bastion on Cambridge, or North Hampton ect. this will prove to be the tighest Presidental election in Massachusetts since 1992.
But do they like the "old" governor Romney who ushered in health care, was for gay rights, gun control and was pro choice, or do they prefer the new and "improved" Romney who wants to cut funding for Planned Parenthood and "rescind" Obamacare, along with other right-wing talking points?

Old 04-15-2012, 06:51 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,442,530 times
Romney hasn't really "lost" any states yet. All we've had is primary elections/caucuses.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:54 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,390,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I thought Mitt was from Michigan.
He is from wherever the libs keep telling us. A few months ago they were on this very board (you might have been one of them) telling us he might not carry Mi his home state. Now they are talking about Ma, his home state. Maybe they think he is 2 people in one body?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,473,627 times
I don't see how Mitt Romney can win Mass. And I don't see how President Obama can lose Illinois. So, let's stop the election spending and donate the money to charity. And inaugerate President Obama for his second term, starting May 1. The nutcases would love it! May 1st!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,928,132 times
It ultimately doesn't matter if you win your home state, George W. Bush lost Connecticut both times. It certainly doesn't help that he's not from a swing state, but he's going to lose the election largely on his merits.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 AM

39,019 posts, read 51,052,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He is from wherever the libs keep telling us. A few months ago they were on this very board (you might have been one of them) telling us he might not carry Mi his home state. Now they are talking about Ma, his home state. Maybe they think he is 2 people in one body?
To me, your home is where your car elevators are. That makes Romney a Californian.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,529,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That whole funky 2 people one body stuff won't happen for Mitt until after he passes away.

Or was it he and Ann get their own planet? Can't remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections