Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Are you Catholic?
Why do you ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why do you ask?
For obvious reasons.
I'm Catholic.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
For obvious reasons.
I'm Catholic.
For the Left, their "religion" comes in a distant second to their support of obama.

He started this war on the Church and it looks like they are fighting back.

Can't see it helping obama to have the church rail against his attack on freedom of religion every Sunday at mass.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
For the Left, their "religion" comes in a distant second to their support of obama.

He started this war on the Church and it looks like they are fighting back.

Can't see it helping obama to have the church rail against his attack on freedom of religion every Sunday at mass.
Of course you didnt answer the question, so I will take that as a no, you are not Catholic, and probably dont know many personally.
Or know whats being said at Mass.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 AM

I've mentioned my religious affiliation in the past....but what does that have to do with a mass (hopefully happening every Sunday, across the country) and a pastor talking about the assault of religious freedom on the church by obama?

You mean you didn't like his homily?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I've mentioned my religious affiliation in the past....but what does that have to do with a mass (hopefully happening every Sunday, across the country) and a pastor talking about the assault of religious freedom on the church by obama?

You mean you didn't like his homily?
I'm sorry, but I dont hang on your every post with bated breath, so I missed the one where you spoke of your religious leanings.
I doubt you attend Mass, so you really have no idea what parishioners are speaking of amongst themselves, so to behave as if you have your finger on the pulse of Catholics is just a little disingenuous, to say the least.
What a Bishop has to say is only the official Catholic (sic) party line, and has little, if nothing to do with what everyday Catholics think.
You, of all people, should know about official party lines and mouthpieces.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Most Catholic women use contraception. They will vote for Obama when they are in the privacy of the voting booth.

Also, Catholics voting for a Mormon. Interesting.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Great ad.

Obama has turned what WAS a friendly organization against him with his assault on religious freedom. The bishops supported obamacare and were willing to work with obama, until he stabbed them in the back.

Catholic bishops have turned against women with their assault on women's health. The women supported the catholic church and were willing to obey it, until the church stabbed women in the back!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Can we have more of this at the Sunday sermons?

Bishop Daniel R. Jenky: Obama following a similar path as Hitler and Stalin - YouTube

Ouch! I think obama will regret starting a war with the Church (Catholic, Protestant, etc).
Oh boy! Time to start taxing the Catholic Church! The Catholic Church has proselytized themselves in politics and therefore are violating the conditions for tax deductions.

Quote:
To qualify for tax-exempt status, such an
organization must meet the following requirements
(covered in greater detail throughout this publication):
■ the organization must be organized and operated
exclusively for religious, educational, scientific, or other
charitable purposes,
■ net earnings may not inure to the benefit of any
private individual or shareholder,
■ no substantial part of its activity may be attempting
to influence legislation,
■ the organization may not intervene in political
campaigns, and
■ the organization’s purposes and activities may not
be illegal or violate fundamental public policy
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, I am sure that my fellow Catholics are going to run off and vote for a Mormon, yeah right
How intolerant of you. Do you just hate diversity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections