Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Ron Paul run as a third-party candidate?
Yes - Americans should be given another option! 19 41.30%
No - I support Obama, and don't want Paul in the mix! 3 6.52%
No - I support Romney, and don't want Paul in the mix! 15 32.61%
Doesn't matter - the vote is rigged anyway! 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

I thnik that he would just be another also ran which is why he ran in the republican party. He would be anoither Nader without republican party support;really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
American voters in the 2-party system would have to either vote for a do-nothing-debt-forever Democrat or a help-the rich (like they need it) Republican - do we have another choice besides just staying at home?

YES! - having a Ron Paul option would give people who are uninterested in either of the above, a REASON to vote. Of course, there is always the Diebolt fraud hurdle to climb, which will be the most daunting of all.

Ron Paul Fraud! 'Diebold' Vote Machines Steal 2008 Primaries - YouTube
It's too late.

He should have never ran as a Republican. The platform he is running under isn't anywhere near compatible with the current views held by most of the Republican Party.

Also he'd have a much broader appeal to independents and moderates by not being identified with the Republican Party which seems to drifting farther and farther to the right.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
You cannot say with certainly that Paul would not win - you simply do not know,
and that speaks volumes about you.
Yes, it does, it means my mind is sill operational and hitting on all cylinders, thanks for the Kudos.
All one has to do is look at the number of votes he is getting in the GOP Primaries, anywhere between 15 and 10% and some of that is not even Republican support. That equates to not being able to even get close to winning the GOP nomination and his chances of winning the General Election are about 15 in 350 Million, that is his level of support, at best. Now, I am sure in YOUR world someone with that small of a percentage of support could surprise everyone an win, but in the REAl world it simply is not going to happen. Suggestion: Learn to seperate what you want things to be from what things really are and you will start seeing far more clearly, it may not always be pretty, but at least it will be the truth.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Jesus would never be part of the GOP, supporting the rich and ignoring the poor was not his way
Jesus would never borrow from Peter to Pay Paul either
He'd tell both parties they were going to hell

Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
You and noexcuse should get together. You could double your fun! (lol)

Jermaine88 Says:
Would love to see him run and come in last. He'll get a couple million votes (if he's lucky).
That would hopefully shutup the Ron Paul Fan club, who seem to believe he has more support then he actually does.

I would be curious as to what conspiracy they would come up with too.
------------------------
And He has been destroyed each time he has ran. He can not win one state.

The AMERICAN people outside of fan sites, conspiracy boards, and little forum groups don't want the gimmick.
----------------------
Because he seem not to be getting the message. I know he is OLD, and no doubt there are some pity votes.
Sometimes it seems like he would to take the decision out of the voters hands.
---------------------
I want to see him run as a third party. Would love to see him get absolutely destroyed. That would be nice way to remember him, as the guy who got rejected so many times.

The American people do not want your gimmick.
Every poll says so, Every results says so.
Not sure why you copied and pasted what I said in the other thread. But eh, yeah thats how I feel.

I will probably continue to post my opinion.
Hey if some can spam and dedicate entire threads to google image search results of their god/hero.

I can post my opinion also!
Except results have backed up my opinions.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Quote:
Since Ron Paul voters possess a much higher level of intelligence than their Obama and Romney counterparts, I certainly hope that there are more than a 'couple million votes' - for America's sake.

With some of the claims they have made, I doubt that.
Thinking "differently" does not equal Intelligence.

Last edited by Jermaine88; 04-19-2012 at 01:11 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Jesus would never borrow from Peter to Pay Paul either
He'd tell both parties they were going to hell
You may have a point there, Jesus never had any love affair with politics of any sort.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,104 times
jermaine88

Quote:
With some of the claims they have made, I doubt that.
Thinking "differently" does not Intelligence.
ron paul supporters have generally higher level of intelligence.

compared to Romney supporters whom vote only because he can win? kinda shallow.
that is one stupid argument right there.

for OBAMA supports why to they support obama? only because he gives you free handouts without working aka cronyism/corruption? that reeks of stupid argument or is it corrupt argument.

only thing you can say there are some bandwagon jumpers that joined the ron paul supporters because he is popular in his own way on the net without doing enough research to debate.
those are slightly less informed ron paul supporters that can and should do more research.

but generally valid.

SO are you calling me stupid for researching now? yes I am a ron paul supporter. dont agree with 5% of what ron paul says but generally agree with him. the 5% are little things that you fools squabble about.

yes we should not ask congress to declare war or consent with us for sending us to die.
we should just be good little slaves.

to obama supporters and romney supporters:
(BOTH of these puppets would have supported it)

I suppose you that support those 2 all support
NDAA
SOPA/PIPA
the patriot act: unpatriot act/repeal 4th amendment act
also you support the financial stimulus
you know the stuff that pisses you off these past 12 years and even before then.
etc

The federal reserve benny printing money to death destroying all middle class/poor people wealth to give to the 1% bankster elite to get free money at the same time will not loan out to the middle/poor class for fear of hyperinflation. SO basically want stagflation for bail out of banks elite that got themselves trapped for ripping poor/middle class people off when they corrupt should all go bankrupt.

if banks went bankrupt you know what could have happened? federal reserve could have loaned to small banks to pick up the slack and problem solved.

big banks go bankrupt and small banks that were healthy could have became big banks then.

the reasoning romney gives is bad/cronyism.

reason obama gives is also bad+ GM bail out who cares if they are profitable now they took a bail out still.
gov picking winners and losers not letting people find their own way.
FORD could have done even better then if GM went bankrupt imo they stole from FORD the one that didnt take a bailout you know?.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Since Ron Paul voters possess a much higher level of intelligence than their Obama and Romney counterparts, I certainly hope that there are more than a 'couple million votes' - for America's sake.
So CLAIMS a Paul supporter

Old 04-19-2012, 02:05 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, it does, it means my mind is sill operational and hitting on all cylinders, thanks for the Kudos.
All one has to do is look at the number of votes he is getting in the GOP Primaries, anywhere between 15 and 10% and some of that is not even Republican support. That equates to not being able to even get close to winning the GOP nomination and his chances of winning the General Election are about 15 in 350 Million, that is his level of support, at best. Now, I am sure in YOUR world someone with that small of a percentage of support could surprise everyone an win, but in the REAl world it simply is not going to happen. Suggestion: Learn to seperate what you want things to be from what things really are and you will start seeing far more clearly, it may not always be pretty, but at least it will be the truth.
Just because you think you have all of the answers, it's obvious you don't. In fact, since polls indicate that Paul is the strongest one-on-one against Obama, your assumptions go out the window. The undecided and cross-over vote is theoretically enough to capture a third of the vote, especially with Paul's more dedicated support base, and the general ambivalence towards the other candidates.

"GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul is leading the incumbent president in a hypothetical matchup, according to a newly released poll from respected pollster Rasmussen.

Paul scores 43% over 41% for Obama in the poll, with 10% saying they would vote for some other option, a figure that includes 17% of Republicans.

Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals, according to Rasmussen.

Mitt Romney is the only other candidate to lead Obama in the poll, scoring 45% to Obama’s 43%. Paul polls the strongest, however, given that he drives the president’s numbers down further than Romney.

A hypothetical Paul nomination also drives the undecided voters up significantly.

Paul has regularly emerged as the strongest contender in other polls when matched head to head with Obama. This is the first time, however, that he has done so in a Rasmussen poll."

» Poll: Ron Paul Strongest Against Obama In Head To Head Matchup Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections