Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times

Advertisements

Romney has very clearly laid out his plans for America. Much more than another other Republican candidate did and eons ahead of anything Obama has proposed.

I can tell you just two things right off that will improve the business climate and will therefore improve the economy:

Repeal Obamacare
Repeal Dodd-Frank which has absolutely put a stranglehold on lending and killed small businesses and the housing industry...two areas that must be restored before the economy can regain any strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
First of all, Jobs.

Obama has NO experience. Romney has every right to tear him apart. Last I recall, It was Mitt Romney who has added and built an empire. Guy knows his stuff.

Secondly, you have too many questions.
Romney bult an empire largely by firing people.

Now what were you saying about jobs?

Special report: Romney's steel skeleton in the Bain closet | Reuters

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rLfP_blog.html

Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President

From his web site, but I will tell you, what I just posted is far more than obama has put out in the now almost 4 years as presidnet, lets, see, shovel ready jobs, LAZER like focus? What happened to all that stuff?

Let me guess, it was the republicans fault, right, even whe the dems had the house, senate and the prez....that's whats pathetic.....

BTW, lets not forget the prez and his crew laughed right in your face (yes you lefties and liberal) about the shovel ready jobs....remember that?

Just on case you forgot...

Obama Jokes at Jobs Council: 'Shovel-Ready Was Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected' - Politics - Fox Nation
I saw a lot of Rhetoric there, but no details and your own words had nothing to do with Mitt but was instead simply another rightie ranting about the PRESIDENT. Do try staying on topic, I know it is hard, so I will help ya: The topic is Mitt.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:57 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Thumbs down lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Romney has very clearly laid out his plans for America. Much more than another other Republican candidate did and eons ahead of anything Obama has proposed.

I can tell you just two things right off that will improve the business climate and will therefore improve the economy:

Repeal Obamacare
Repeal Dodd-Frank which has absolutely put a stranglehold on lending and killed small businesses and the housing industry...two areas that must be restored before the economy can regain any strength.
So you'd like to go back and deregulate housing and the financial sector, eh?

Didn't learn your lesson?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:57 AM

295 posts, read 591,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The President doesn't create jobs, he helps create an environment where businesses add jobs. Only fools think the President magically creates jobs.
In what you just said makes you a fool, the president creates a better environment thus the creation of jobs are exactly made by the president. This process does not take magic, it takes commonsense.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
In what you just said makes you a fool, the president creates a better environment thus the creation of jobs are exactly made by the president. This process does not take magic, it takes commonsense.
What environment should the President create?

Aren't corporations experiencing record profit? Hasn't the stock market doubled? Isn't housing rebounding? Haven't the automakers rebounded?

What will Romney's environment look like for the middle class...he's told us the plan for the wealthy.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 PM

295 posts, read 591,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
His company, he can do what ever he pleases to assure himself that the company he created is going in the right direction.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:03 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I saw a lot of Rhetoric there, but no details and your own words had nothing to do with Mitt but was instead simply another rightie ranting about the PRESIDENT. Do try staying on topic, I know it is hard, so I will help ya: The topic is Mitt.
No, what you seen was straight from Romneys website, did you not follow the link? I understand reading is hard for the left, since you have to pass something before you know what in it.

Yes, my words were about the president, because all you lefties need to remember about what happened. I don't know about you, but I really don't like getting laughed at, all you lefties can do is say "well what's Mitt got", well, whats obama got? Nothing.

BTW I did stay on topic, because you feel that I am wrong, does not mean its true..

Old 04-18-2012, 03:09 PM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Romney's plan for America is the same plan that Goldman Saches has America. I meant, for the bankers. You serious think all the "contribution" from Goldman and other bankers will just go serves the general interest of the public?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,910,766 times
Honey,
Mitt Romney is going to enact the agenda of the head lobbiest he has signed a
commitment and pledge to, Grover Norquest.
So, he has not pledged to working for the american people, he is working for
the corporations who hire him.
Don't get me wrong, OBama isn't much better.
Let's see, what has Mitt Romney SAID himself recently
as to what he will do, (he changes his mind alot),
illegal immigration, he thinks the illegal immigrants will leave "Voluntarily",
Health Reform, No, no health care unless you are fortunate enough to have
an employer pay for it. (or be wealthy like him).
He wants to get rid of the small stupid restrictions that the government put
on the Banks and Wall Street since they almost sunk the country recently,
Dod Frank Bill, he will repeal that and let the Banks loose.
You don't mind bailing them out anyway, do you?
Cut the Department of Education BIG TIME! Education will be for
people who will pay for it. Period.
Cut Medicare Big TIme! He Loves Paul Ryans Voucher Plan.
War- we should stay there, of course! Stay iin Afghanistan at the
cost of 2 billion dollars a wee to the taxpayers.
Who are taxpayers? The rich would get tax breaks as usual.
The poor, which number is climbing every year, they don't make enough to pay that much
in taxes.
100 Billion dollars a year it costs this country to stay in Afghanistan.
The American people will just print the money, why not?
Our grandchildren will pay it off, or not?
So, who is going to pay off all this money that OUR politicans are
spending?
Our democracy is an illusion people.
The government is working for the Corporations, not us.
Vote in YOUR best interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections