U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:58 AM

3,896 posts, read 4,707,946 times

Advertisements

President Obama said he related to middle class Americans “looking for a chance,” as he highlighted his administration’s efforts to retrain unemployed workers for new jobs.
"I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn't, either."

First Read - Obama: 'I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 02:00 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,291,586 times
Coke spoon maybe...

Old 04-19-2012, 02:02 AM

3,896 posts, read 4,707,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Coke spoon maybe...
Do you have facts

Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,291,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Do you have facts
Self admission from Obama that he used drugs. Unless you think he lied, which is a possibility I am more than willing to accept...

Last edited by Bideshi; 04-19-2012 at 03:01 AM..

Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,498,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
President Obama said he related to middle class Americans “looking for a chance,” as he highlighted his administration’s efforts to retrain unemployed workers for new jobs.
"I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn't, either."

First Read - Obama: 'I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth'?
Wasn't his grandmother a Vice President of a bank. Didn't he live with them
growing up? His mother was doing anthropology work in Indonesia, getting paid over $80,000 a year,
with a house and a car included. Sounds like a dream job for the academic, professional student crowd.
Certainly not blue collar.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 AM

15,773 posts, read 8,218,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Wasn't his grandmother a Vice President of a bank. Didn't he live with them
growing up? His mother was doing anthropology work in Indonesia, getting paid over $80,000 a year,
with a house and a car included. Sounds like a dream job for the academic, professional student crowd.
Certainly not blue collar.
I am so sick of facts interrupting our class warfare rhetoric. Anyways, $80,000 back then is only a few times that today after adjusting for inflation.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM

32,823 posts, read 38,267,437 times
Default Romney? Really?

I'll assume most forum posters represent middle class America and have no idea what its like to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth and through investments accrue a fortune of 250 million Dollars and live a life that we can only dream about..
I can only imagine how this super 1%er is going to deal with the middle class/most Americans if elected, probably go something like this= cut many government departments, slash and burn most social programs then claim he balanced the budget while he sits in his ivory tower while even more Americans fall on hard times that he will never experience or have as much understanding of as we have of his lifestyle.
Obama on the other hand whether you agree with his policies or not has been down in the streets with the people, has an understanding of their ways of life there needs and what its like to be middle class, in my opinion a much more believable character for middle class America than Romney who seems to be telling every one what ever they want to hear just so he can get elected then his real attitude will surface and we'll all be eating lots of cake.
Romney? this factory worker will never understand a man like him just like he will never understand the needs of my lifestyle.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:27 AM

19,891 posts, read 15,566,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'll assume most forum posters represent middle class America and have no idea what its like to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth and through investments accrue a fortune of 250 million Dollars and live a life that we can only dream about..
I can only imagine how this super 1%er is going to deal with the middle class/most Americans if elected, probably go something like this= cut many government departments, slash and burn most social programs then claim he balanced the budget while he sits in his ivory tower while even more Americans fall on hard times that he will never experience or have as much understanding of as we have of his lifestyle.
Obama on the other hand whether you agree with his policies or not has been down in the streets with the people, has an understanding of their ways of life there needs and what its like to be middle class, in my opinion a much more believable character for middle class America than Romney who seems to be telling every one what ever they want to hear just so he can get elected then his real attitude will surface and we'll all be eating lots of cake.
Romney? this factory worker will never understand a man like him just like he will never understand the needs of my lifestyle.
Yeah, another class warfare thread. As a reminder FDR, the hero of the left was hardly a pauper when he came into office.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 AM

3,479 posts, read 6,117,897 times
It's funny how we're supposed to just dismiss Romney as someone who is super rich and so could never understand how to help the middle class. In the next breath, we look at iconic figures of the Democratic Party for their efforts to help the middle class - people like FDR and JFK who were actually richer and/or from more elite backgrounds and upbringings.

Fact is - I trusted Obama in 2008 to do something right and he did the opposite. His aims now, I am convinced, are to divide this country and antagonize the income and ethnic differences in this country rather than unite people. The above post is a symptom of that divisiveness. It's wrong on many levels and I want no part of it. We are way more divided now than we have ever been in a long time.

And by the way, this business on 'telling people what they want to hear to get elected is EXACTLY Obama's campaign strategy now and in 2008. So wake up and see Obama for what he is - a politician who seeks to use class warfare and envy to win an election.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 AM

10,676 posts, read 11,252,028 times
This is going to likely be Willard's biggest problem is that he is unrelatable to average americans. There was a poll out recently that I want to say had Obama up by 15-20% in that category.
Willard keeps putting his foot in his mouth with his "I'm unemployed too!" "my friends own nascar teams!" "My dad could hold a hammer and put nails in his mouth!" He comes across as such an elitist, pompous-ass, that has no idea what being an average america is about.
Obama on the other hand connects very well with the middle class, knows what it's like to struggle, and is going to be a very strong point for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or