Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Amazing how anyone could even think about voting someone in as President who has openly admitted that he learns about women in the countries views from his wife.
Are Women too far below Romney for him to even try and get their views himself???????????
ROFLMAO! So where is he supposed to get this info from?? You're trying to make us all believe that he shouldn't be listening to his wife at all. If he WASN"T listening to his wife the left would be screaming about what a misoginist he is for not even listening to his wife on women's issues. When he DOES listen to his wife, she's not qualified... because she's not a woman? Or do only poor women count?

The left is just pissed that every chance they get to throw something at Mitt, lately, it comes back to bite them in the ass (dog pun intended)!

Maybe you guys should try arguing the actual issues at hand, instead of trying to paint people in a bad light personally. Of course, then you'd have to try and defend Obama's record.. and I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to go there!

You know you've lost the fight when all you can resort to is name calling. And this "rich against poor" crap is just another form of name calling. Only those who blindly follow are fooled by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 04:52 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
[quote=goldenncmom;24009538]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

No, I'm saying that she had a lot of help and never had to worry about money. She's not one of the folk like she's trying to paint herself to be. She's trying to say "See? I'm just like you!" Yeah, she's just like me with hundreds of millions in the bank

Very few American women have these kinds of issues? Our family consists of a professional husband, a stay at home mom, and 2 school age kids and we have these kids of issues, or have had them at one time (DH made half what he makes now when our first child was born). I would say most American families have these financial concerns! I don't know where you're living, but even the middle class people I know are struggling in one way or another.
So basically, you're saying that the economy is a big concern for you ... just like Ann Romney said! Yea, can't imagine why Mitt would be listening to her.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You're so gullible, it really is quite comical.

Can you please explain how you know all these intimate details of the Mittens' household(s)?

Seriously, have you been to their home(s)? Have you seen Mrs. Mittens slaving over a hot stove?

Have you seen her vacuuming the living room? Or doing laundry?

Hell, with all their multiple homes, I'll bet she's not even sure in which closet of each mansion the vacuum cleaners are even kept.

So funny.

Actually those of us who volunteer for the campaign have gotten to know a lot of the family fairly well, but no I wasn't there. I have seen family photos and heard family and friends talk about it though and I doubt they are fabricating it. I am sure if they had maids and butlers, the liberal media would have found them and put them on tv round the clock talking about it.

Furthermore, I don't really care if they had ten butlers, twenty maids and round the clock nannies as long as I wasn't paying for it. What business is it of mine....or yours for that matter? It's not and it doesn't make one bit of difference.

People like you need to get a life and worry about things that are more important.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
I doubt Ann had many servants when she had a child in a basement apartment while still in college with Mitt. I doubt many mothers have raise five children without any help either from family or hired help.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
LOL. "Rosiana Costa could not be located"... Wonder if her immigration status presented a problem and she got spirited out of the country?
Probably so...he's running for office for Pete's sake!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Why do Democrats make such a big fuss over Republican presidential candidates who are wealthy?

I don't recall such bluster and hand-wringing over the Kennedy fortune. Or, for that matter, John Kerry. Or the fact that John Kerry gave virtually nothing to charity while Romney gave something on the order of $4 million...in addition to his entire inheritance from his father. Biden gave less than 1.5% of his income to charity.

Oh. Wait. I just remembered. Romney is Republican.
Kerry and the Kennedys are Democrats.
Also, Romney worked for his money.
Kennedy inherited his.
And Kerry married his.

Double standard no matter how you slice it.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
This whole issue of Ann Romney is like a able bodied fit person saying that they have all the problems of mobility as a disabled or wheel chair bound person.... of course they don't.

No it isn't. Ann Romney never said she had the same struggles a lot of women are facing in this country right now, she said she was talking to women on the campaign trail and they are expressing those issues to her and the things they want done about them.

So, it's like someone who wishes to help someone with a disability listening to what they are going through and having empathy for them. To have empathy and understand does not require having been there. It helps, but if were necessary, people would never get the help they need.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
ROFLMAO! So where is he supposed to get this info from?? You're trying to make us all believe that he shouldn't be listening to his wife at all. If he WASN"T listening to his wife the left would be screaming about what a misoginist he is for not even listening to his wife on women's issues. When he DOES listen to his wife, she's not qualified... because she's not a woman? Or do only poor women count?
Big difference between listening to his wife and sending her out to gather info from women as he is either too dumb to do it himself or he feels that to go out and speak to women is far too demeaning for him. I speak to my wife but if i want to learn something from anyone, man or woman, i go ask myself. It was Romney himself who made the big thing about asking his wife what women thought anyway........... LOL

The left is just pissed that every chance they get to throw something at Mitt, lately, it comes back to bite them in the ass (dog pun intended)!
The left doesn't have to make Mitt look bad... he is quite capable of doing that himself....... "i love firing people" or "not sure about these cookies"...
He guessed that a plate of cookies set on the table was from "a local 7-Eleven bakery or whatever."
............OUCH!

Maybe you guys should try arguing the actual issues at hand, instead of trying to paint people in a bad light personally. Of course, then you'd have to try and defend Obama's record.. and I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to go there!
Obama's record defends itself..... Economy recovering... Even Romney agrees to that and i know you hate that fact!

You know you've lost the fight when all you can resort to is name calling. And this "rich against poor" crap is just another form of name calling. Only those who blindly follow are fooled by it.
Not sure where i was "name calling" but if you think i was..... oh well!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
Nonsense, she was found guilty of abuse of power by the Alaska legislature.
Alaska Politics Blog : The Branchflower report | adn.com

She was also ordered to give back the donations solicited to her "Legal Fund". She was also ordered to pay back per diems that she collected for living in her own home.

She is using SarahPac as her family slush fund. If you donated to it, you paid for that silly aborted family vacation/bus tour last summer. She has paid out tons of $$ to "consultants" and "clerical" but very little to political causes. A lot of the $$ in SarahPac has been spent asking for more donations.

And of course, anyone is free to be the next Kardashian. But that doesn't merit respect or admiration in my eyes.
Dang, I wish I could keep giving you rep points!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:01 PM

387 posts, read 1,045,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post

So basically, you're saying that the economy is a big concern for you ... just like Ann Romney said! Yea, can't imagine why Mitt would be listening to her.
No, I'm saying she doesn't speak for me. Besides that, it doesn't take a genius to know that everyone is concerned about the economy. Mitt was being dismissive of women's other concerns about their rights being trampled on when he said that he talked to Ann and Ann talked to some women and they're concerned about the economy...now shut up about the transvaginal ultrasounds and that other stuff, you silly women.

I'm tired of explaining it to people who are pretending not to understand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections