Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,008,671 times

Advertisements

So, let me get this straight; because Ann Romney has never worked outside the home and she is rich, I'm supposed to hate her and/or assume that she is "out of touch" and cannot fathom what it's like to HAVE to work outside the home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,793,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
So, let me get this straight; because Ann Romney has never worked outside the home and she is rich, I'm supposed to hate her and/or assume that she is "out of touch" and cannot fathom what it's like to HAVE to work outside the home?
You don't have to hater her but it is obvious she hasn't the slightest clue what mothers, who have to work outside the home, go through.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,365,858 times
most women work bek they want to.
then u can spend all his all yours and run up some debt too and then say
hey i earn my own money.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,008,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Since you have never been a working woman, liberal or otherwise, I kinda doubt you have a clue what its like.
Well, I'M a working mother and I've been working my whole life. As a result, I have no idea what it's like to be a SAHM like Ann Romney. I can't imagine living my entire adult life in a man's shadow and having people make all kinds of assumptions about me and my life. I know a lot of people who think SAHMs just sit around watching soap operas and chatting on the phone. But I don't know what it's like. I know my sister, who stays at home, is one of the busiest people I know.

Have you ever looked at the credentials of Ann Romney's five sons? It's pretty impressive. She did a good job by any measure. And don't tell me "Oh, it's easy because she was rich." Look into the fate of the Kennedy kids, or the Roosevelt kids or hundreds of other rich families. You will find many with alcohol and drug problems, many that just couldn't cope with the success of their parents. These boys all have degrees (most of them have advanced degrees), they are all married with kids and none of them seem to have any major problems (yet).

Go ahead and criticize her though. It will always look to me like class envy, which isn't classy.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM

68,325 posts, read 54,330,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Hate?

Nah, takes too much energy and accomplishes nothing.

I'd rather just ignore her and hope she goes away

Old 04-24-2012, 03:28 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,369,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Anecdotes.
How sweet.
I've been working since I was 12.
Just how does that give me a "false understanding"?
Until you become a working mother, you dont have a clue.

in other threads, we have well established your aversion to actual factual facts. I don’t think dialog with you on the subject will get anywhere.

I am a working father. Your asinine comment about working mothers doesn’t impress me one bit.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,665,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
in other threads, we have well established your aversion to actual factual facts. I don’t think dialog with you on the subject will get anywhere.

I am a working father. Your asinine comment about working mothers doesn’t impress me one bit.
Who takes your kids to day care? Picks them up? Stays home when they're sick? Makes the arrangements for day care? Does the majority of the housework, shopping for the house, child care when home?

Old 04-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Thank you liberals for proof of your "Human nullification"

This is what liberals do to anyone who doesnt think/behave as they desire you to...

They elect idiots like the Kennedy's because they "feel our pain" then lambast some conservative woman as utterly out of touch because she is rich and never had to work outside the home.

Believe me, this has nothing to do with where Mrs. Romney has or has not worked. It has everything in the world to do with her not being what liberals demand women be.

i can just hear the liberals on their louspeakers:
DONT LEAVE THE PLANTATION! WE OWN YOU!

Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,601,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
anybody remember back in grade school when you had to distinguish between facts and opinion? The above quoted opinion-nator just said I don’t like facts.

The “fact” I quoted started with “I believe”….

Exactly who has issues with facts and who is taking issue with opinion?
HeyJude, you are a liberal aren’t you supposed to be S M R T? all “intellectual” and all that? LOL

Thanks for playing. Once again one of the duller knives in the drawer gives us reason to laugh. Hint… we aren’t laughing with you, we are laughing at you…
You've got to be joking. You are going by what you learned was a fact and a claim in grade school, and you have the nerve to be chide someone else for their supposed lack of intellect?

Unless one is talking about what is demonstrable, as in science, then everything else is a claim because claims deal with what is probably rather than what is true (Aristotle "On Rhetoric"). What appears as fact to one person, appears as bias to another. But, in the end, it is a claim, and hence why there is argument.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Who takes your kids to day care? Picks them up? Stays home when they're sick? Makes the arrangements for day care? Does the majority of the housework, shopping for the house, child care when home?
seriously? LOL. Just because you have a false since of how things are in this world doesnt mean I live by your false notions.

I have THREE SISTERS. Do you really think I would get away with treating my wife like i owned her?

I will tell you I do NOT dust... my mom made me do that growing up. My wife does. But she doesnt clean comodes. I do.

you wanna go down some stupid list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections