Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I hate it when people use this line of attack, this how old are you stuff; because this line of attack happens when the attacker has ran out of rebuttals and is just aiming to savage something.

My age is of no importance to our discussion. What's important is that I came from a rich family - I have uncles, aunts, and cousins who don't work; they live off dividends which range anywhere from mid $200k to over $1 millions annually. I went to a prestigious prep schools and have many rich friends, some of them also don't work, at least not nine to five jobs. But myself, I choose a different path, I started near the bottom and worked my way up. Now I'm making almost as much money as my rich friends. I have working class friends, hedge fund babies friends and many in between. My point is that I have particular insights into how the rich works, how the working class survives, and how the system works from top to bottom. That "trickle down system" thing that conservatives love, I witnessed it and see that it doesn't work.

Translatin, you are rich and are a silver spoon baby, and have never been out in the real world. Btw, my gross last year hit $10M, but I get mine from working. Yeah, thats gross, my net is -$ on purpose, but thats because I live in the real world.

Tell me beb, where does the government got the money to spend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,206,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
None of the companies you listed were saved by Obamas stimulus, they received an influx of cash from TARP, passed by BUSH..
You are just being ridiculous now. Did you think that after TARP there was nothing? Nothing was done after TARP?

Quote:
Furthermore, they would have gone bankrupt, but bankruptcy does NOT mean you go out of business

US Air, KMart, Sears, Walt Disney, Hershey, And even GM itself went bankrupt.

Bankruptcy DOES NOT guarantee you can keep doing business. Where is Lehman and Mervyns now?

So your point is to let all those big names go bankrupt and that's good for the economy?

Old 04-25-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Translatin, you are rich and are a silver spoon baby, and have never been out in the real world. Btw, my gross last year hit $10M, but I get mine from working. Yeah, thats gross, my net is -$ on purpose, but thats because I live in the real world.

Tell me beb, where does the government got the money to spend?

If you really did make $10M, that'd be in spite of your poor comprehension. Either you purposely spin what I wrote to make yourself look good (me look bad) or your selection perception is so severe that it hampers and distorts words that feed into your brain. Either way, it explains a lot about your lack of knowledge. You know some facts, but not all the facts. And as my economic professor once said, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." You are exhibit A.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
You are just being ridiculous now. Did you think that after TARP there was nothing? Nothing was done after TARP?.
The stimulus went to welfare, and tax cuts.. not the businesses you listed
Quote:
Bankruptcy DOES NOT guarantee you can keep doing business. Where is Lehman and Mervyns now?
Thats not what you said.. You said they would be gone, out of business.. WRONG.. They would have gone bankrupt and reorganized debt, just like KMART, Sears, GM, etc have.
Quote:
So your point is to let all those big names go bankrupt and that's good for the economy?
Bankruptcy is a paper process, and has absolutely nothing to do with the economy Here, prove me wrong. Tell me how Sears going bankrupt was harmful to the economy. Tell me how what was the cost to society?

Old 04-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
If you really did make $10M, that'd be in spite of your poor comprehension.
See, this is where ignorant college kids come in because grossing, isnt making.
Quote:
Either you purposely spin what I wrote to make yourself look good (me look bad) or your selection perception is so severe that it hampers and distorts words that feed into your brain. Either way, it explains a lot about your lack of knowledge. You know some facts, but not all the facts. And as my economic professor once said, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." You are exhibit A.
FAIL. YOU are the one who ran around crediting Obama with acts taken by Bush. Making you look bad comes naturally from just correcting you. Thats not my fault you dont know who did what.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
The Government doesn't create revenue, its gets it's money from the taxpayers, that's what he was saying.

So in essense, the Govt. took money from the taxpayers, then put it back into the economy so it could pass through and be taxed again. Kind of like a snake eating itself if you think about it. What a great plan.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm usually against running up the deficit. But that was the only way to save us from the Great Recession.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm usually against running up the deficit. But that was the only way to save us from the Great Recession.
I ask you again, where did the government get the money to spend?

Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
The stimulus went to welfare, and tax cuts.. not the businesses you listed

Thats not what you said.. You said they would be gone, out of business.. WRONG.. They would have gone bankrupt and reorganized debt, just like KMART, Sears, GM, etc have.
You think every company that goes bankrupt reorganizes and reappears? Is that your line of thought? Ok, where is Lehman nowaday?

Quote:
Bankruptcy is a paper process, and has absolutely nothing to do with the economy Here, prove me wrong. Tell me how Sears going bankrupt was harmful to the economy. Tell me how what was the cost to society?
You did not read the article I quoted from. When so many big names go bankrupt at the same time, how does it not affect the economy?

Old 04-25-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
You think every company that goes bankrupt reorganizes and reappears? Is that your line of thought? Ok, where is Lehman nowaday?
Thats not at all what I said. Maybe its a comprehension issue with you because YOU said that they WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS, but thats not at all what would have happened, they would have filed BANKRUPTCY.. To pretend that bk = out of business is an ignorate lie.
Quote:
You did not read the article I quoted from. When so many big names go bankrupt at the same time, how does it not affect the economy?
You didnt answer the question. Why? What was the net cost to society when Sears went bankrupt? Also, I ask you again, where does the government get money to pump into the economy?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,064,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I guess you missed the word "average." Or perhaps you need a dictionary?

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

I guess the current situation doesn't fit the "average" definition then ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections