Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I've never understood why so many choose not to vote,as no matter what your political leanings are its about the only way you can effect change,its what makes us different from most of our enemies,its basically what most Americans gave their lives for in countless wars.
Is it really that much trouble to take a few hours out of your day to go and vote?

Laziness? Or perhaps they don't educate themselves enough about the candidates and issues? Or people just don't care? Who knows? But seriously, it is one of our basic rights and yet the turnout at the polls usually sucks!

You may have hit on something though. Maybe the powers that be expect it, and that is why nothing gets done? No risk of getting tossed out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Well I nearly agree with you. I do think Obama and Romney's wives are rooting for them. Other than that, yeah the entire world is rooting for Ron Paul. It will be 99.99999% on election day for Ron Paul!

/sarcasm
The one's with brains that function will vote for Ron Paul. Obama just bribed the Afghani's into letting us stay for another 10 years, paying them 2 billion per year. They want us out of there, 2 Billion is what they are selling out their country for. I don't think Romney would object to this deal, but Paul will!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 PM

14,008 posts, read 14,992,921 times
Well the Entire world, besides America. You know the one you can Prove don't support him

Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 PM

youtube deletes Ron Paul 2008 video channel

Before It's News

http://www.youtube.com/user/RonPaul2008dotcom

Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The MCM media in other countries, is quite often owned by the same people here. So that should be no shocker.
Well people have claimed on this thread that Ron Paul is getting plenty of exposure in the foreign press,while ignored here.I can't find much evidence that the media overseas is paying him any mind....you could be right about why...but that doesn't change my contention that he isn't actually getting much attention overseas,I offered no theory why,merely doubted it was true.

Several people who live here have claimed that he is popular in europe,while several posters who actually live in europe have said that it isn't true.That doesn't 'prove' anything but I would tend to give more weight to posters who live in the areas discussed.Without touring europe and asking people whereever I go I guess I can't know for sure.

I mean 'if' the whole world 'is' rooting for Ron Paul I would think it would be easier to find evidence of it other than youtube videos.I don't have a problem with youtube as long as people realize that vids can be made to show support for anything or anybody.

Cduser....do you believe the whole world is rooting for Ron Paul??If so why are they??

Old 05-01-2012, 08:32 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,928,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well people have claimed on this thread that Ron Paul is getting plenty of exposure in the foreign press,while ignored here.I can't find much evidence that the media overseas is paying him any mind....you could be right about why...but that doesn't change my contention that he isn't actually getting much attention overseas,I offered no theory why,merely doubted it was true.

Several people who live here have claimed that he is popular in europe,while several posters who actually live in europe have said that it isn't true.That doesn't 'prove' anything but I would tend to give more weight to posters who live in the areas discussed.Without touring europe and asking people whereever I go I guess I can't know for sure.

I mean 'if' the whole world 'is' rooting for Ron Paul I would think it would be easier to find evidence of it other than youtube videos.I don't have a problem with youtube as long as people realize that vids can be made to show support for anything or anybody.

Cduser....do you believe the whole world is rooting for Ron Paul??If so why are they??
I think there are people all over the world interested in Paul and supportive of him. As to how many can't be sure.

I hear him being discussed by people in foreign countries. Probably he is covered by independent media more than MCM. (I posted the Icelandic mention) I would think they care because what happens here affects the entire world.

Many people around the world are aware of the "downward" trend this country is taking.
Everyone is an individual where ever they are so I don't get caught up in some of these "box" issues that many seem to do.

I just brought up the MCM issue because I think it does acct for much of what isn't addressed. MCM is very limited, which is why I am selective with it.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I think there are people all over the world interested in Paul and supportive of him. As to how many can't be sure.

I hear him being discussed by people in foreign countries. Probably he is covered by independent media more than MCM. (I posted the Icelandic mention) I would think they care because what happens here affects the entire world.

Many people around the world are aware of the "downward" trend this country is taking.
Everyone is an individual where ever they are so I don't get caught up in some of these "box" issues that many seem to do.

I just brought up the MCM issue because I think it does acct for much of what isn't addressed. MCM is very limited, which is why I am selective with it.
What is MCM?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,928,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What is MCM?
Mega Corp Media

Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 PM

473 posts, read 400,047 times
Check out the last minute of the video.

BREAKING NEWS: Possible Attempted Election Fraud In Nevada Conventions! - YouTube

Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The whole world wants Ron Paul for our next president.
No, it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections