Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,556 times

Advertisements

Interesting slant from Ann Coulter on Mitt Romney's stance on illegal immigration vs. that of the Republican Establishment. The often controversial Coulter advises that Romney maintain a tough position on the issue in spite of advice from main stream Republicans.
www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-04-25.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Interesting slant from Ann Coulter on Mitt Romney's stance on illegal immigration vs. that of the Republican Establishment. The often controversial Coulter advises that Romney maintain a tough position on the issue in spite of advice from main stream Republicans.
www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-04-25.html
Romney will take tough position, and then take a soft position, and then take a hard position

Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
It may be business interests that oppose efforts to limit illegal immigration, but it is also a political issue. The Establishment is correct. Romney will lose this fall in large part to the failure of Republicans to score with Latinos (Cubans don't count, Ann. They are the base). AZ is polling dead even and if SB1070 is upheld as it appears it will be, Hispanics who generally do not participate in large percentages will be galvanized in the upcoming election. Look out Republicans, a brown wave is about to sweep over you.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Romney will take tough position, and then take a soft position, and then take a hard position
His position will depend on who he is speaking to if you want Romney to be liberal, he'll do that for you. If you want him to be a conservative, he'll do that for you too. Reminds me of the Dave the Chameleon ads that Labour put up during the UK parliamentary elections when Cameron was running for Prime Minister.

David Cameron: Dave The Comedy Chameleon [Part1] - YouTube

Go on, tell me that doesn't describe Mittens and the establishment GOP to a T!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
LOL. That is Mitt!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It may be business interests that oppose efforts to limit illegal immigration, but it is also a political issue. The Establishment is correct. Romney will lose this fall in large part to the failure of Republicans to score with Latinos (Cubans don't count, Ann. They are the base). AZ is polling dead even and if SB1070 is upheld as it appears it will be, Hispanics who generally do not participate in large percentages will be galvanized in the upcoming election. Look out Republicans, a brown wave is about to sweep over you.

We'll see. it seems to me that any latino who is in this coungtry LEGALLY and came here to make a better life for himself and his family would AND calls the United States his HOME, would favor a tough stance on illegal immigration. Why would ANYONE who is looking to live a better way of life in a new country want that country to be overrun by the illegals coming here to milk the system DRY? is that making a better life for him and his family? No....DECIDEDLY no.

It is far too early to see how this election will play out. I dare say that it is the independent voters who will decide this election more than any other demographic....and their vote will be swayed by GAS PRICES and the ECONOMY at the time of the election.

I dare say that there is a good chance that gas prices will be approaching $5.00 by the time fall rolls around, and the economy seems to be stalling AGAIN right now. So who knows what November will bring. With the lack of leadership and the tendency to shift BLAME by this president, my bet is that only the die hard democrats will be admitting to voting for the total failure that this administration has shown to be.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,087,992 times
I bet I would be called a racist if I even mentioned Romney's huge advantage among white males, yet we can talk about Hispanics, women all we want. Then someone would most certainly come in here and talk about how appealing to white males is a bad thing. As a white male, I find such implications racist and offensive yet they are made all the time on this forum.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Interesting commentary I have difficulty finding fault with.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I bet I would be called a racist if I even mentioned Romney's huge advantage among white males, yet we can talk about Hispanics, women all we want. Then someone would most certainly come in here and talk about how appealing to white males is a bad thing. As a white male, I find such implications racist and offensive yet they are made all the time on this forum.
White males have been a staunch part of the GOP base since forever. They will continue to support the GOP in large numbers, as they always have done, and thus aren't going to swing this election one way or another. Which is why the focus has been on women and minorities, whose votes could very well be the deciding factor. Anyway, you white males have been in charge long enough, and look where you've gotten us.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,191,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I bet I would be called a racist if I even mentioned Romney's huge advantage among white males,
Nah, nobody would call you racist. But it's like saying dogs love bacon- something so well-known and commonly understood at this point it doesn't merit further discussion.

The part that's bugging you is for some weird unknown reason politically appealing to white males seems to turn off everyone else. Why? It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma, nestled in a box of riddles.

But, as the ancient Chinese philosopher Ped Xing once said:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections