Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 05:15 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,384,675 times

Advertisements

What do you say Roy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,930,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is a chance to get some more up to date info about our fine Democrat candidate.

New documents fuel controversy over Warren's characterization of her heritage | Fox News

Many won't look at this link but it is pretty humorous to some and downright funny to others. It may have more truth in it than Rachel Madcow's little bit.

Elizabeth Warren Dances With Lies - Ann Coulter - Townhall Conservative Columnists
And you follow Ann Coulter ?........Just how bad does it get. Just quoting Fox news is enough to make any sane person turn off that babble . Why don't you start over, hold off on the " facts" as told to you by agenda driven crap..
Go back to the books, and learn soothing, then we will debate, enough said..

Old 05-11-2012, 05:25 PM

14,006 posts, read 14,987,464 times
Anyway her application was based on lies she originally claimed part of the Delaware Tribe, not the Cherokee.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,481,555 times

Old 05-11-2012, 05:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,107,709 times
When the Principle Chief of the Cherokee is less than 1/32 Cherokee, I'll remember to get upset about Warren calling herself Cherokee.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:43 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,481,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
When the Principle Chief of the Cherokee is less than 1/32 Cherokee, I'll remember to get upset about Warren calling herself Cherokee.
Can we start calling George Zimmerman black?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:23 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,146,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Because brilliant people lie about their heritage to gain entry to and obtain tenure from Harvard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, apparently Elizabeth Warren has you convinced that she can do something she can't do. That sounds like the definition of gullibility to me.
Touche!

Jousting...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Its a big deal to be part Native First Nation people.
Which nation?

Oglala Sioux? Cherokee? Seminole? Cree? Creek? Apache? Pawnee? Shawnee? Miami?

Those are all nations. Which was first?

Quote:
Yes , they did have a nation before the filthy Europeans came here, and ruined everything.
Who had a nation?

What happened to the Hopewell Nation?

Shall we talk about the Hopewell Nation?

Let's do.

Quote:
Though they never appear to have warred against each other, neither did they engage in wholesale intermixing of either their different cultures or blood. Instead, they seem to have been long-term allies against a common foe, the Plains Indians, who vastly outnumbered them. Not even alliance with the populous Adena, however, could save the Hopewell. Around the turn of the fifth century, they utterly disappeared, as though in a single moment.

The cause is not difficult to surmise. Before the end, many Hopewell fled south to an area between Fort Smith and Hot Springs, Arkansas, where they made a final effort to save themselves at the Aikman Mounds, the last such earthworks ever raised. During the late 1920s, archaeologists from Washington University (St. Louis, Missouri) and the University of Arkansas (Fayetteville) excavated the mounds and their vicinity to unearth thousands upon thousands of human skeletons revealing blunt-force trauma. Many if most of the skulls had been crushed or staved in.
From Advanced Civilizations of Prehistoric America: The Lost Kingdoms of the Adena, Hopewell, Mississippians, and Anasazi; Frank Joseph

More than 100,000 bodies were found. All of them beaten to a bloody pulp.

That is GENOCIDE.

The Hopewell were a beautiful people, until you First Nation Goons murdered every single Hopewell in a genocidal campaign that exterminated the Hopewell People from the face of the Earth.

You must feel really good about that.

Shall we talk about the Adena Nation? You First Nation Goons exterminated the Adena in a genocidal Nazi-like campaign as well. The archaeological record and evidence found at Fort Smith hints that the Adena suffered the same fate as the Hopewell, we just haven't found the bodies yet.

The only reason the Hopewell People lasted longer than the Adena, is because the Hopewell went underground to flee from the First Nation Goons engaging in a genocidal rage.

The Hopewell and Adena gave ups wonderful things, like Serpent Mound (where I'm going to ride my bike to on Memorial Day Weekend).

What did First Nation Goons give us? Teepees and peace-pipes. Whoooppeeeee!

That was in the year 400, so you cannot blame....how did you put it?...."the filthy Europeans."

Quote:
The US Government did honer any of the treaties, they screwed the proud First Nation people, when it was comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I failed to find anything on the Cherokee Nation website other than the fact that Bill John Baker is a fourth generation resident of Talequah, Ok. which is the headquarters city of the Nation
Here, Old Boy, I'll help you out.

Quote:
Tribal Rights vs. Racial Justice

When the Cherokee were relocated from the South to present-day Oklahoma in the 1830s, their black slaves were moved with them. Though an 1866 treaty gave the descendants of the slaves full rights as tribal citizens, regardless of ancestry, the Cherokee Nation has tried to expel them because they lack "Indian blood."
Tribal Sovereignty vs. Racial Justice - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com

I am so terribly distraught and my heart goes out to all of those dirt poor Cherokee Indian plantation owners.

How terrible it must have been for the Cherokee Indian plantation owners to have been forced to drag their Black Slaves who worked the plantations along with on the Trail of Alligator Tears.

Setting the Black Slaves (and also other Native American Slaves) free would have been the common sense thing and the honorable thing to do.

But, no, the gallant Cherokee Indian plantation owners displayed exceptional bravery and perseverance and endured incredible hardships to bring their Black Slaves with them all the way to Oklahoma.

Oh, and look who's breaking treaties....

Quote:
Cherokee Nation Faces Scrutiny For Expelling Blacks

The Cherokee Nation recently decided to limit its membership to people who can prove they have Indian blood. This strips of their citizenship rights about 2,800 African-Americans who are descendants of slaves once owned by wealthy Cherokees. Those rights include access to health care clinics, food distribution for the poor, and assistance for low-income homeowners.

The move prompted protests among these African-Americans, who are known as Freedmen, because for long periods in the past, they enjoyed equal rights in the Cherokee tribe. But in more recent history, their citizenship rights have been repeatedly challenged.

Cherokee Nation Faces Scrutiny For Expelling Blacks : NPR

Who would have ever guessed that the First Nation Cherokee people were such racists?

So who wants to elect a blatant racists like Cherokee Elizabitch Warren?

Quote:
A bad time in US history.
No, it was a great time.

Your First Nation People committed genocide against six aboriginal tribal groups in North America, and no, that does not include the Hopewell People or the Adena People.

We know about those 6 tribes that were exterminated from the face of the Earth by "Native Americans" (snicker) because they told us.

The Hopewell People we found out through archaeological digs.

How many other tribal groups were exterminated in a genocidal rage by "Native Americans?"

We may never know. But, now I wonder why "Native Americans" (snicker) are so sensitive about, um, you know, uh, "Sacred Burial Grounds."

Could it be that the reason "Native Americans" don't want their "sacred" burial grounds disturbed is due to the fact that we would uncover embarrassing evidence of genocide committed by the "First Nation" (haha)?

Quote:
You should read up on our early history.
I have, and I'm much more knowledgeable than you, and at least I don't have to tell lies to feel good.

Quote:
You sound like one of those crazy " birthers". Still looking for anything that may cause some doubt. Do you know EW does NOT have photos of her family? history ? many do not, so many records were distorted as back then , history was not important to the average American.
I have a photo of great-grandmother Morning Dove, who was a full-blooded Cherokee. I have Census records too.

Threadkilling....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
This was also a recent Joe Biden gaffe he said "I would never politically run for Mayor because they are expected to show results... progress.Thats why I have been in the Senate for 36 years....
He's dumber than Dan Quayle ever could be.

That wasn't a Freudian Slip either; that is exactly what he believes.

Oh, would you happen to have an audio link to that?

Just out of curiosity...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
For crying out loud... it has been shown that she is 1/32 native American. The same as the current Cheerokee Chief. Jesus you people are desperate!
I'm 1/2 Romanian, 1/4 British, 1/8 Scot and 1/8 Cherokee.

I speak, read and write Romanian. Both of my middle names are Romanian. I own property in Romania (and in a few months here I'l be going back to live there), I eat Romanian food, I make special trips to Chicago to buy Romanian food from Romania, I read Romanian books and newspapers, I read on-line Romanian newspapers, I listen to Romanian music, I post at several Romanian forums (including a Romanian astrology forum), I often help Romanians translate American "music" (I use the term "music" loosely and have to wonder about that sometimes), I participate in Romanian cultural events (usually in Chicago but sometimes in Troy, Cleveland or Akron/Youngstown), and although I'm an atheist, I often attend mass at Romanian Orthodox churches (because Romanian girls are fine looking and I like the ritual of the mass).

What do I do that is "Cherokee?"

Nothing.

I've been to numerous reservations, including Wounded Knee (I have White British ancestors buried at the Wounded Knee Memorial), but never been to the Cherokee reservation and I don't think I'll ever go there, because I really don't give a damn. It doesn't mean anything to me.

Anyway, it is grotesquely disingenuous for someone to claim "heritage" when they do nothing to practice their heritage.

So who is it that's desperate?

And honestly, the fact that Cherokee owned Black Slaves and made the Black Slaves work on their plantations, plus the Cherokee had Native American slaves and made them work on their plantation, and also the fact that the Cherokee have broken a treaty with their Black Slaves.....well....I wouldn't be advertising that I was a racist.

So, is/has Elizabitch Warren made a public statement regarding the legal decision of the Supreme Court of the Cherokee Nation to not honor their treaty with Blacks?

If not, when will she do that?

Does Warren side with the Cherokee Nation and agree that Blacks should be expelled and denied citizenship?

Laughing at the superior intellect...

Mircea

Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,905,380 times
Quote:
Its a big deal to be part Native First Nation people.. Yes , they did have a nation before the filthy Europeans came here, and ruined everything.
The US Government did honer any of the treaties, they screwed the proud First Nation people, when it was comfortable. A bad time in US history. Now, finally we pay, like we should have 150 years ago. They are not even asking for interest, they should !!.. I do not know where the cut off in percentage, but a lot of my friends are full or half Indian.. I know many that are 1/4 way back. Most do not need passports to go into and out of Canada ether, as they are cruelly citizens of North America. nearly everyone gets somthing every year, as it should be. Even Alaska gives royalties every year to ALL its people, no matter race, color or creed.
You should read up on our early history. Most of the history books we had in school were wrong, or slanted with the order to influence and control the people. Not much different today.
the government is trying to get at that money that is being given out:

However, some people argue that the original intent was to fund state government after the temporary oil riches ceased, while others note that the Fund's intent changed from its 1976 origin when in 1982 the Dividend program began. Public opinion strongly favors the Dividend program. Indeed, in 1999, with oil prices going as low as $9 per barrel and Alaska's oil consultant Daniel Yergin forecasting low prices "for the foreseeable future", the State put an advisory vote before Alaskans, asking if government could spend "some" part of Permanent Fund earning for government purposes. Gov. Knowles, Lt. Gov. Ulmer, and many other elected officials urged a "yes" vote. Campaign spending greatly favored the "yes" side.

The public voted "no" by nearly 84%. (wikipedia)

so they are trying to figure out other ways to get it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Permanent_Fund

Old 05-11-2012, 06:42 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times

This is a disgrace to my Cherokee heritage and coming out of bondage in Oklahoma.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:57 PM

26,447 posts, read 15,041,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
For crying out loud... it has been shown that she is 1/32 native American. The same as the current Cheerokee Chief.
Jesus you people are desperate!

The Rachel Maddow Show - Scott Brown makes issue of Elizabeth Warren's ancestry - Democratic Underground
If her great-great-great-grandma was 100% Native American. Her great-great-great-grandma might have been half, quarter or one eighth Native American.

The fact is, Warren had ZERO disadvantage being somewhere between 3% and 0.4% Native American. She wasn't even certain she was part Native American or where it came from. No one looking at her could tell that she was 0.4% to 3% Native American. Is it fair that she used it to gain an advantage and colleges used her as a minority to pad their stats away from someone who is actually a minority and more deserving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections