U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2012, 01:29 PM
 
10,837 posts, read 14,860,540 times
Reputation: 5095

Advertisements

A CNN public opinion poll was taken in recent days.
Public opinion, obviously sent "the names that the average American recognizes" to the top of the list. The average American has never heard of Rob Portman so he was well down the list.

The #1 choice among those polled, for GOP V.P. nominee for Romney, was Condoleezza Rice.

Supposed he did choose her.
(a prediction site gives her, as of today, a 3% chance of being chosen by Romney)
And suppose Romney could not serve out his term.

In 2016 you could have Rice vs. Hillary Clinton (one of the Democratic favorites for 2016).

No it won't happen, but it could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,983 posts, read 83,671,479 times
Reputation: 41793
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
A CNN public opinion poll was taken in recent days.
Public opinion, obviously sent "the names that the average American recognizes" to the top of the list. The average American has never heard of Rob Portman so he was well down the list.

The #1 choice among those polled, for GOP V.P. nominee for Romney, was Condoleezza Rice.

Supposed he did choose her.
(a prediction site gives her, as of today, a 3% chance of being chosen by Romney)
And suppose Romney could not serve out his term.

In 2016 you could have Rice vs. Hillary Clinton (one of the Democratic favorites for 2016).

No it won't happen, but it could.
This has got to be one of the most moot point postings I have ever seen. Rice has no intentions of doing anything in politics again, and it is unlikely Hillary will either, so what difference does this make? So a prediction site gives her a 3% chance, that means there is a 97% chance he will not ask her. BTW name recognition when running for VP means nothing.

nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,278,333 times
Reputation: 7950
I think the odds of Hillary 2016 are even lower than Romney-Rice 2012. According to Game Change she was exhausted and frazzled by the 2008 campaign and really did not want to take the SOS job when Obama offered it. If she ran and won in 2016 she would be almost 70 upon taking office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,692 posts, read 33,704,884 times
Reputation: 51915
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
A CNN public opinion poll was taken in recent days.
Public opinion, obviously sent "the names that the average American recognizes" to the top of the list. The average American has never heard of Rob Portman so he was well down the list.

The #1 choice among those polled, for GOP V.P. nominee for Romney, was Condoleezza Rice.

Supposed he did choose her.
(a prediction site gives her, as of today, a 3% chance of being chosen by Romney)
And suppose Romney could not serve out his term.

In 2016 you could have Rice vs. Hillary Clinton (one of the Democratic favorites for 2016).

No it won't happen, but it could.
If Hillary Clinton is the Democrat nominee, she's just as radical as Obama. She's no Bill Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
 
3,481 posts, read 5,111,527 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If Hillary Clinton is the Democrat nominee, she's just as radical as Obama. She's no Bill Clinton.
Awesome, hopefully she runs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
 
1,083 posts, read 1,929,748 times
Reputation: 914
Rice won't do s@@t for Romney, nevermind running on her own in the future.
I'm looking for some Liberty in my future. Rand Paul 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
 
1,083 posts, read 1,929,748 times
Reputation: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Awesome, hopefully she runs
But she's never been called a n****r.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2012, 06:01 PM
 
288 posts, read 177,132 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Rice won't do s@@t for Romney, nevermind running on her own in the future.
I'm looking for some Liberty in my future. Rand Paul 2016!
keep dreaming....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
 
288 posts, read 177,132 times
Reputation: 146
[quote=nmnita;24096924]This has got to be one of the most moot point postings I have ever seen. Rice has no intentions of doing anything in politics again, and it is unlikely Hillary will either, so what difference does this make? So a prediction site gives her a 3% chance, that means there is a 97% chance he will not ask her. BTW name recognition when running for VP means nothing.

the way i see it, hillary is setting herself up for 2016, if she runs she will will by a landslide.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2012, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,783,817 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
A CNN public opinion poll was taken in recent days.
Public opinion, obviously sent "the names that the average American recognizes" to the top of the list. The average American has never heard of Rob Portman so he was well down the list.

The #1 choice among those polled, for GOP V.P. nominee for Romney, was Condoleezza Rice.

Supposed he did choose her.
(a prediction site gives her, as of today, a 3% chance of being chosen by Romney)
And suppose Romney could not serve out his term.

In 2016 you could have Rice vs. Hillary Clinton (one of the Democratic favorites for 2016).

No it won't happen, but it could.
The public recognizes Donald Trump and Paris Hiltons name as well.

Its irrelevant. Which is of course, is why CNN is talking about it. Disinformation rules the MSM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:30 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top