Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Arianna Huffington, founder of the liberal leaning news site The Huffington Post, has criticized the Obama campaign for an ad suggesting that Mitt Romney wouldn’t have killed terrorism kingpin Osama bin Laden, calling the move "despicable."
Quote:
"I don't think there should be an ad about that," Huffington told "CBS This Morning" Monday. "I think it's one thing to celebrate the fact that they did such a great job [with television specials]. All that is perfectly legitimate. But to turn it into a campaign ad is one of the most despicable things you can do."
Read more on Newsmax.com: Arianna Huffington: Obama's bin Laden Ad 'Despicable'
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Wow, is the liberal left even over Obama! I knew when he took a jab at the Huffington Post, it was on...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Funny how the cons always diss the HuffPo, until it says something they like!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Equally funny how you never acknowledge ANY criticism of your boss Obama, no matter who makes it.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Equally funny how you never acknowledge ANY criticism of your boss Obama, no matter who makes it.
I think you are resonding to the wrong person.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I do. I just don't acknowledge it from people who insult the president on a consistent basis.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Killing Bin Laden was cowardly and off the mark....Right after 9 11 Saudi Arabia should have been invaded..if you are real you go to the source...right to the financiers - not the single fanatic..or the dumb goat herders with the Ak..

Bin Laden was not some evil king pin...He was a simpleton. And he was killed by another simpleton.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Oh sure invade Saudi Arabia, that's the ticket *rolleyes*

I think Huffington is trying to save Obama from himself. That's a dumb ad. I hope Team Obama continues with this approach because they're taking Obama's greatest accomplishment, and basically pimping it out for purposes of petty partisan points.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Last person I heard 'dissing' the Huffington Post was Obama. Guess this is his payback.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,422 times
I've never dissed the Huffington Post, though I generally don't care for their slant. I do look at them from time to time though.
To be consistent, I have said through and through that the left should stop taking comments from Limbaugh, Beck, etc and acting like that somehow represents the average conservative (hint: it doesn't). So in keeping with that, I will say that just because Ariana Huffington (who I do actually respect) is not thrilled with Obama does not mean the left in general also feels that way.

I do agree wtih her on the ad though. I give Obama credit for finding Bin Laden, and I give him even more credit for adopting and expanding Bush's counterterrorism policies when faced with the choice between that and what he campaigned on. And I don't say that facetiously, I think people can grow in office and I think that's a good example of Obama doing so. But it goes back to the larger point about the ad - if Obama had ended the Bush counterterrorism policies like he sadi, we very likely would not have caught Bin Laden. But when faced with the choices, Obama made a very tough, very responsible decision. There is absolutely no telling what a prospective president would do if they actually had the CIA's intelligence at their disposal. And for that reason I try not to criticize any president on these issues too much because I simply don't know what kind of information they have that the rest of us don't

Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I've never dissed the Huffington Post, though I generally don't care for their slant. I do look at them from time to time though.
To be consistent, I have said through and through that the left should stop taking comments from Limbaugh, Beck, etc and acting like that somehow represents the average conservative (hint: it doesn't). So in keeping with that, I will say that just because Ariana Huffington (who I do actually respect) is not thrilled with Obama does not mean the left in general also feels that way.

I do agree wtih her on the ad though. I give Obama credit for finding Bin Laden, and I give him even more credit for adopting and expanding Bush's counterterrorism policies when faced with the choice between that and what he campaigned on. And I don't say that facetiously, I think people can grow in office and I think that's a good example of Obama doing so. But it goes back to the larger point about the ad - if Obama had ended the Bush counterterrorism policies like he sadi, we very likely would not have caught Bin Laden. But when faced with the choices, Obama made a very tough, very responsible decision. There is absolutely no telling what a prospective president would do if they actually had the CIA's intelligence at their disposal. And for that reason I try not to criticize any president on these issues too much because I simply don't know what kind of information they have that the rest of us don't
I wouldn't say he continued Bush's counter terrorism effort or he did it any differently than what he campaigned on. We moved in a different direction.

He did EXACTLY what he campaigned on. Took the fight away from Iraq, placed it back on Al Qaeda and going after OBL and even going into Pakistan if need be. Its something Obama campaigned on in 2008, and a position McCain, Romney and the GOP all criticized Obama on during that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections