Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 09:47 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

I dont agree with most of her views, but as a Mormon who is a person of color and the product of immigrants(like her), I am very intrigued by her.

Mia Love - Give Back - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
What don't you agree with specifically?

I like her whole message and persona. Plus she's kinda hot.

What is it with all the women conservatives in the last ten years. They seem to be the beautiful ones and the libbers the hags. Seems it was the other way around 20 years ago.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
What don't you agree with specifically?

I like her whole message and persona. Plus she's kinda hot.

What is it with all the women conservatives in the last ten years. They seem to be the beautiful ones and the libbers the hags. Seems it was the other way around 20 years ago.
Well, I dont dislike her and much of what she says resonates with me, but in another vid, she says that as Mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, she cut the entire budget except for public safety...to me that means no libraries, no parks, no schools(?), nothing that demonstrates a desire to invest in the future of a community which to me is vital. Its like everyone is supposed to fend for themselves in every instance and its just not that cut and dry imo.

In an ideal world where no one got sick or old and had to stop working, she would be perfect, but alas my world is not perfect.

Still, I am impressed by her.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:32 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont agree with most of her views, but as a Mormon who is a person of color and the product of immigrants(like her), I am very intrigued by her.

Mia Love - Give Back - YouTube
I'm not a conservative I think her personal story is great. She might make a decent run for Congress.

The bigger question if she has aspirations for statewide office will White Republican voters in Utah accept a Black woman as a candidate and especially one in a marriage with a White man? Now that is a REALLY interesting question to me.

However the whole "Rising Star" thing is a bit over the top. Let her win a congressional or statewide election THEN she'll be a rising star.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:54 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, I dont dislike her and much of what she says resonates with me, but in another vid, she says that as Mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, she cut the entire budget except for public safety...to me that means no libraries, no parks, no schools(?), nothing that demonstrates a desire to invest in the future of a community which to me is vital. Its like everyone is supposed to fend for themselves in every instance and its just not that cut and dry imo.

In an ideal world where no one got sick or old and had to stop working, she would be perfect, but alas my world is not perfect.

Still, I am impressed by her.
In cutting that budget was it to stave off bankruptcy similar to the cascade of cities we are starting to see in California?

I dont know the answer I'm just trying to understand your state confliction.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'm not a conservative I think her personal story is great. She might make a decent run for Congress.

The bigger question if she has aspirations for statewide office will White Republican voters in Utah accept a Black woman as a candidate and especially one in a marriage with a White man? Now that is a REALLY interesting question to me.

However the whole "Rising Star" thing is a bit over the top. Let her win a congressional or statewide election THEN she'll be a rising star.
Yeah that 'rising star' bit may have been over the top, but if she wins that will send ripples across the country precisely because of what you pointed out, she is a Black woman from New York who was able to win over a overwhelmingly white electorate in one of the most conservative congessional districts in the country.

I do hope she wins.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

Do you think it is possible just once to look past the white guy won't support the black guy or in this case gal issue? The race card game is getting a little old. A bigger problem might be how hard it is for blacks to accept black conservatives or for libs to accept black conservatives for that matter.
Nita

Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 AM

40 posts, read 33,017 times
hope she wins the seat, congress needs more black gop members

Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
Reading that she is "supported by Paul Ryan" is all I needed to know. Just another soon-to-be establishment puppet.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:51 AM

8 posts, read 6,108 times
Default Might see the first black republican congresswoman this fall

Love clinches GOP nod in 4th | Political Cornflakes | The Salt Lake Tribune
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections