U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:33 AM

10,587 posts, read 3,795,225 times
Mia Love's picture:

How ABC chooses to depict her:

ABC had lots of pictures to choose from. They selected that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 AM

20,897 posts, read 6,210,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Has any Dem ever won in Utah? I doubt that the Dem party would even contest this race. No news here.
She's actually up against a Democratic incumbent.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 AM

20,897 posts, read 6,210,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I look forward to the Dems' reaction when President Romney nominates Janice Rogers Brown to the Supreme Court and she is confirmed by a Republican-majority Senate after five Democrats on the verge of losing their seats break ranks and vote for cloture on the Dems' filibuster.
And a pony.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,347,456 times
As nice as it is that she is running, she is still a Republican, who, if she wins, will be taking a House seat away from a Democrat. I'm sorry, but we have to defeat her. We cannot let House Republicans gain any seats.

I would not attack her at all though. She has a great back story and seems to not be corrupt. From a Democratic perspective, that race needs to be framed as, "look at how awful the Republican led House has been. We can't permit them to gain another seat. Vote for the Democrat Jim Matheson!" As much as we support women and minorities, she is just on the wrong side of the aisle.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:59 AM

11,471 posts, read 4,173,723 times
Quote:
She's actually whiter in the first picture...

Great story - pleased she is progressing.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 AM

11,471 posts, read 4,173,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Most folks will vote for an ethnic person, if they are white enough.
Care to expand what you mean by that?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 AM

4,117 posts, read 1,921,173 times
Quote:
Mia Love's picture:

How ABC chooses to depict her:

What's wrong with the picture?

That's like saying all those pictures people have of the First Lady and they only wanna focus on the few in which she is "frowning."

Big deal. She is not smiling but in action. I don't see a problem with the picture.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 AM

10,587 posts, read 3,795,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
As nice as it is that she is running, she is still a Republican, who, if she wins, will be taking a House seat away from a Democrat. I'm sorry, but we have to defeat her. We cannot let House Republicans gain any seats.
How's that been working out for you since Obama's policies have been enacted? In, say, November 2010?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,347,456 times
Quote:
How's that been working out for you since Obama's policies have been enacted? In, say, November 2010?
That was before the House Republicans showed their behinds and their approval numbers hit record lows.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:28 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,325,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Liberals are going to have a tough time with this one, but I expect special "treatment" for this one, if she wins. I'm sure they are ready and armed with their typical hateful and racist attacks for any minority who dares to think independently.

Mia Love: black, conservative, Mormon, GOP House candidate from Utah - ABC News
No big deal. She's running in a state in which LDS members are most often elected to public service. All politics is local. Why would I in Chicago or someone in Ohio, New Jersey, etc., care about this particular election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections