U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM

66,196 posts, read 33,604,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Good plan, since people on message boards are never biased and non-objective.

Of course he doesn't have it locked up. However it is very likely he will do so on June 5th.

I didn't see you supporting John McCain 4 years ago??? Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 AM

21,237 posts, read 14,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Paul delegates will not vote for anyone other than Paul. To me, that's meant he got them.

Can you say so for Romney's delegate after round 1?
So they say. Since none has actually voted yet, I think the same can be said for delegates on both sides. I would not hold my breath on believing no Paul delegates will not switch over for the sake of party unity. You can hold your breath if you wish, of course.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 AM

I don't see a devote Paul supporter, mentioning Romney's name anywhere near a vote tally.

Flip flopping is not in their gene's.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 AM

71,711 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So they say. Since none has actually voted yet, I think the same can be said for delegates on both sides. I would not hold my breath on believing no Paul delegates will not switch over for the sake of party unity. You can hold your breath if you wish, of course.
and if it were to go more than one ballot (not going to happen most likely) and the Paul supporters hold their ground, we will end up with a true brokered convention. The nomination will go to a third party...How will that set with the Paul supporters? I think, down deep, even those who believe Romney will not take it on the first ballot, they know Paul will not be the nominee. I can pretty much guarantee, if the Paul delegates cause havic they will get no support, Paul will not get any of his ideas heard and the party, overall will end up supporting someone like Johnson. This is a no win for Paul.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and if it were to go more than one ballot (not going to happen most likely) and the Paul supporters hold their ground, we will end up with a true brokered convention. The nomination will go to a third party...How will that set with the Paul supporters? I think, down deep, even those who believe Romney will not take it on the first ballot, they know Paul will not be the nominee. I can pretty much guarantee, if the Paul delegates cause havic they will get no support, Paul will not get any of his ideas heard and the party, overall will end up supporting someone like Johnson. This is a no win for Paul.

You are not keeping up. Take the blinders off please and drop a 5-hour energy!

Those delegates that are suppose to be Romneybots are actually Paulbots

You are still looking at the popular programmed voting machine totals, not the actual living and breathing humans in the delegate spots.

Ron Paul supporters will have a majority at in Tampa, unless the Establishment pulls a fast one, with threats like happened recently in Iowa, Nevada and Maine, of not seating the delegates.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 PM

71,711 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are not keeping up. Take the blinders off please and drop a 5-hour energy!

Those delegates that are suppose to be Romneybots are actually Paulbots

You are still looking at the popular programmed voting machine totals, not the actual living and breathing humans in the delegate spots.

Ron Paul supporters will have a majority at in Tampa, unless the Establishment pulls a fast one, with threats like happened recently in Iowa, Nevada and Maine, of not seating the delegates.
This is what you say and I am guessing you really believe, but that doesn't make it true or fact.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
You are not keeping up. Take the blinders off
Quote:
This is what you say and I am guessing you really believe, but that doesn't make it true or fact.

Your blinders are still on.

When breathing humans are involved, Paul is over running the actual elections that count. Iowa, Nevada, Washington, Maine........ Oh snaps

Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
A brokered convention may be the only way to solve the impasse, but hell would be raised; such a convention would subvert the entire primary process in the eyes of many voters if the nominee became a person who did not run in any of the primaries at all.

If someone like Marco Rubio or Chris Christie was drafted and accepted the nomination, it would also totally dump the long-standing Repub practice of nominating the next in line that put Romney where he is now.

I don't know if the party could withstand 2 such drastic shocks right now. I guess we will all just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Your blinders are still on.

When breathing humans are involved, Paul is over running the actual elections that count. Iowa, Nevada, Washington, Maine........ Oh snaps
And that is exactly where your thinking may be wrong. Humans re-consider things all the time. Some sway and bend to pressure. Others may seek a resolution through compromise when a disagreement becomes intense.

Paul people are no different than any other humans. I have never met a bot in my life, and never expect to- the Borg are not among us. Undoubtedly, many of Paul's delegates will act just as you expect them to, but it is foolish to believe all will.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
And that is exactly where your thinking may be wrong. Humans re-consider things all the time. Some sway and bend to pressure. Others may seek a resolution through compromise when a disagreement becomes intense.

Paul people are no different than any other humans. I have never met a bot in my life, and never expect to- the Borg are not among us. Undoubtedly, many of Paul's delegates will act just as you expect them to, but it is foolish to believe all will.

I don't see a well orchestrated plan to gobble delegates, as people reconsidering.

All the Romney delegates from our state didn't show and I'm a Paul delegate and I'm not going to represent Romney.(just kidding)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or