Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times

Advertisements

Q poll Florida: Romney 44 - Obama 43 | Florida politics blog: The Buzz | Tampa Bay Times

Romney has led Obama in this critical battleground state in the three most recent polls I'm aware of - the Purple Strategies poll and Rasmussen polls released last week and now this Quinnipiac poll.

Fla Poll: Romney 47%, Obama 45% | Florida politics blog: The Buzz | Tampa Bay Times

Election 2012: Florida President - Rasmussen Reports™

Yes, liberals will say Rasmussen doesn't count, but in this case it seems to be saying basically the same thing that the other polls say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 08:07 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Obama hasn't even started reminding Florida voters of Romney's support for turning Medicare into a voucher system. Romneys past words will haunt him in Florida.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Q poll Florida: Romney 44 - Obama 43 | Florida politics blog: The Buzz | Tampa Bay Times

Romney has led Obama in this critical battleground state in the three most recent polls I'm aware of - the Purple Strategies poll and Rasmussen polls released last week and now this Quinnipiac poll.

Fla Poll: Romney 47%, Obama 45% | Florida politics blog: The Buzz | Tampa Bay Times

Election 2012: Florida President - Rasmussen Reports™

Yes, liberals will say Rasmussen doesn't count, but in this case it seems to be saying basically the same thing that the other polls say.

They only think Rasmussen is accurate when Obama is ahead...it's not otherwise...lol.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obama hasn't even started reminding Florida voters of Romney's support for turning Medicare into a voucher system. Romneys past words will haunt him in Florida.
And then Florida voters will be reminded of who cut Medicare by half a trillion dollars to pay for a (potentially) unconstitutional law.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Obama likes carbon taxes. Romney likes carbon taxes.
Obama likes abortion, so does Romney.
Obama hates guns, so does Romney.
Obama has mostly rich financial backers, so does Romney.
Obama loves ObamaCare, Romney provided the foundation for ObamaCare and is for an individual mandate

Is there really any difference between the 2? I guess the only thing that matters is what they say, not what they did, am I right, Republicans? Romney should stop pretending, and run in the primary against Obama

Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Obama likes carbon taxes. Romney likes carbon taxes.
Obama likes abortion, so does Romney.
Obama hates guns, so does Romney.
Obama has mostly rich financial backers, so does Romney.
Obama loves ObamaCare, Romney provided the foundation for ObamaCare and is for an individual mandate

Is there really any difference between the 2? I guess the only thing that matters is what they say, not what they did, am I right, Republicans?
Romney understands the role of free enterprise in creating the most dynamic, productive and wealthy country on the face of the planet over the past two centuries, Obama does not.

Romney understands how business works, Obama does not.

Romney understands the threat to the prosperity of all posed by regulatory overreach, Obama does not.

Romney understands the rule of law and the concept of private property, Obama does not.

I see plenty of differences between the two.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Romney understands the role of free enterprise in creating the most dynamic, productive and wealthy country on the face of the planet over the past two centuries, Obama does not.

Romney understands how business works, Obama does not.

Romney understands the threat to the prosperity of all posed by regulatory overreach, Obama does not.

Romney understands the rule of law and the concept of private property, Obama does not.

I see plenty of differences between the two.
Robert Reilly: Romney's Businessman Pitch Won't Work - WSJ.com

Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Strangely enough, I agree with Reilly's article. It ought to go without saying, the moral basis for capitalism, but Romney, like Ronald Reagan, needs to weave it into his persona. In the meantime, we do need a president who understands the business of America.

Issues 2012 | An Audacious Promise: The Moral Case for Capitalism

Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
At least Romney has only WORDS that can haunt him....obama has 3+ years of inept, rudderless, clueless leadership that has landed this country in the longest recession in modern times. oh wait...I forgot....it's all BUSH's fault.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Strangely enough, I agree with Reilly's article. It ought to go without saying, the moral basis for capitalism, but Romney, like Ronald Reagan, needs to weave it into his persona. In the meantime, we do need a president who understands the business of America.

Issues 2012 | An Audacious Promise: The Moral Case for Capitalism
That's why Romney has such an uphill battle. The majority of voters don't want details, they want slogans. Hope and Change won over Straight Talk Express. The base of each party want the details, the independents just want slogans, and these are the people you need to vote for your candidate. The independents just casually watch the news for about 10 minutes, don't listen to talk radio, nor pay attention to the polls or forums like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections