Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Michelle Obama's Expensive Fashion Rivals That Of Ann Romney - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obamas-expensive-fashion-rivals-ann-romney-182659116--abc-news-politics.html - broken link)

Michelle Obama bought a $2,000 and a $3,000 cardigan sweater -- yes that is 5K on 2 sweaters -- all of the liberals may commence a "the Obama's are out of touch with the middle class" rant below.
The last time I checked, it wasn't people's general impression that they were out of touch. I believe that's something that Romney needs to work on. Most politicians are wealthy and can afford to shop at places like that.

Quote:
Seriously, where are the indignant liberals that were bent out of shape by Mrs. Romney?
Here's the difference that you're missing. A Romney type out of touch moment is when he tells people while in a TV interview that he likes Nascar because some of his friends own a few of the teams. That's not the same as a woman going out and spending money on clothes.

I get it, you want to try to turn around Romney's weakness here, but there were plenty of Republicans here chirping about Romney being out of touch. I'm sure you'll still see some Paul fans chanting the same thing.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:16 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
"From Balenciaga and Helmut Lang to Michael Kors and Marchesa, the first lady has been known to wear some big name, and expensive, designer fashions. Last week alone, Mrs. Obama was spotted in two different L'Wren Scott cardigans, priced between $2,000 and $3,000.

Last Thursday, Mrs. Obama wore the designer's peach embroidered cardigan to a Take Your Child to Work Day event at the White House. The very next day she wore another, similar version in white with red embellishment to greet troops at Fort Stewart, in Georgia, with the president.

Mrs. Obama is familiar with the public tweaking for her pricey choices. During her Hawaiian vacation last December, the first lady was spotted wearing an almost $2,000 sundress by designer Sophie Theallet to church on Christmas day. Later, she allegedly donned a $950 Comme des Garcons skirt for a visit with troops and their families."

From my link above

Seriously, where are the indignant liberals that were bent out of shape by Mrs. Romney?
I think they are still over on that thread ranting about a $900 shirt that someone bought with their own money. They are too enraged about someone's use of private money to see what the Government workers are spending our money on!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The last time I checked, it wasn't people's general impression that they were out of touch. I believe that's something that Romney needs to work on. Most politicians are wealthy and can afford to shop at places like that.

Here's the difference that you're missing. A Romney type out of touch moment is when he tells people while in a TV interview that he likes Nascar because some of his friends own a few of the teams. That's not the same as a woman going out and spending money on clothes.

I get it, you want to try to turn around Romney's weakness here, but there were plenty of Republicans here chirping about Romney being out of touch. I'm sure you'll still see some Paul fans chanting the same thing.
Paul's fans, if they are true to his conservative/libertarian beliefs, could care less what individual people spend their own, hard earned money on.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:27 PM

26,450 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

So a reporter asks him if he has connections to Nascar and then quickly follows it up with if he is a fan. He tells the truth that he is not a fan, but has friends who are part owners. This upsets you. Yet if he lied, wouldn't you also be upset? You just want to be upset, no?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Not only that but she bought a $1200 handbag by the same designer as Romney's $900 shirt.

No double standard, there!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You missed the whole point of that other thread. Or, as likely, got the point and are trying to deflect from it.
The point of the other thread is THERE IS NO POINT!

Lefttards moan all over the place about the Romneys being out of touch (and they are), but fail to see how incredibly, blatantly out of touch the Bammys are.

At least from what I've seen, Mrs. Romney's clothes are tasteful, where Bammy's clothes are ghetto trash.

That's why we laugh at them.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:58 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Michelle Obama did her time in the Chicago ghettos as a kid. She made it now and has the money, but because of her upbringing she understands what Americans are up against and why Romney's policies would make their lives so much more miserable. Ann (or Mitt, for that matter) doesn't understand diddly about it.

I think you Romneybots do get it. The truth hurts though and it won't get your man elected. So you go into irrational denials and protestations. We see can see through it all.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:58 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,364 times
But, BUT the Obamas understand the 99%!!! The Romneys don't!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,191,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You missed the whole point of that other thread. Or, as likely, got the point and are trying to deflect from it.
It's gonna be like this from now to November.

Next week we'll hear that Mitt forgot to turn in a couple library books in 1993. Next day one of the usual suspects posts a thread "Shocker! Obama burned down a library in 1987!!!1"

Old 05-03-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Michelle Obama did her time in the Chicago ghettos as a kid. She made it now and has the money, but because of her upbringing she understands what Americans are up against and why Romney's policies would make their lives so much more miserable. Ann (or Mitt, for that matter) doesn't understand diddly about it.

I think you Romneybots do get it. The truth hurts though and it won't get your man elected. So you go into irrational denials and protestations. We see can see through it all.
So, I guess the Obama's daughters can scratch any hope of running for office because they will have grown up without having done their time in a ghetto???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.