U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 AM

5,467 posts, read 3,642,669 times

Advertisements

Employers know that Obama is anti-business and are waiting for a new president before they make new investments to create jobs. Obama's tax increases will effect small business owners more than anyone else.

Yes goldennrcmom, someone who gets that. I know many small business owners who will not hire people under this administration, in this economy and with higher taxation, they already can't hire or are afraid to hire. Why would any small business hire more people? Because there is an increase in demand for their product or service. In most companies that is not happening. Small business owners, those who provide millions of jobs, have already buckled in, spending less trying to survive tthe economy and being further cremated by higher taxes.

If your not in business or talk to small business owners and believe in trickle up economics you would not understand this and alot of people think this administration needs more time to save them and refuse to see it. Obama is not going to be your savior no matter how much you want to believe it.

By the way for those who blindly believe in the drop of unemployment, they are not counting many factors IT'S NOT TRUE! Tell the true numbers, for one example count the millions of people who just gave up looking for a job, these people are not counted. The reason they can't give the true number and why they are so desperately trying to get the unemployment number down is because no president has ever been re-elected with an unemployment rate above 8%. They say the rate dropped but do you see a better economy?

Do your research! Don't follow blindly, don't buy the pie in the sky before you vote.

As for the rich, they are rich because they understand money, cash flow, debt, balancing a budget etc and how a capitalism works. Did it ever occur to become financially educated? Takin this single step will start you on the path to a better life. The problem for some is that this one step would require work. I have bee n poor, still not rich but this one step made my life a lot better!

As for Julia, I'm a woman. I live in a country where I have rights and oportunites the same as any man. I thank God I do not live in an oppressive country. In this country I am a human being. It's all what YOU make it. And ps, if an employer does not hire me because there is someone, white, black, Asian, man, woman, more qualified than me, they have that right and should hire that person. Don't ever hire me based on the fact that I am a woman.

As for Julia again, this is a clear attempt to devide us even more and to say we need to be taken care of. I can take care of myself if you would just leave me alone to do my best.

Last edited by eRayP; 05-06-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 AM

1,691 posts, read 1,595,311 times
Quote:
Yes goldennrcmom, someone who gets that. I know many small business owners who will not hire people under this administration, in this economy and with higher taxation, they already can't hire or are afraid to hire. Why would any small business hire more people? Because there is an increase in demand for their product or service. In most companies that is not happening. Small business owners, those who provide millions of jobs, have already buckled in, spending less trying to survive tthe economy and being further cremated by higher taxes.
Then they're incredibly stupid and short-sighted. If you have an opportunity to expand your business, you take it, regardless of who is President. Morons.

Oh, and TAXES HAVE NOT INCREASED UNDER OBAMA. That's another stupid FALSE talking point that I wish every who repeat it would be electrically shocked.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Then they're incredibly stupid and short-sighted. If you have an opportunity to expand your business, you take it, regardless of who is President. Morons.

Oh, and TAXES HAVE NOT INCREASED UNDER OBAMA. That's another stupid FALSE talking point that I wish every who repeat it would be electrically shocked.
Small businesses are already paying high taxes (shock, bzzzzz) and Obama is going to increase it (shock, bzzzzz). where have you been????

And in response to your other moronic statement, businesses are struggling to stay afloat, how in the h** can they expand. Go ahead remain closed minded, expecting more handouts, more bailouts, and when your situation is no better, get mad at everyone else, blame everyone else and enjoy more of the same.

Our (goverment provided) educational system has seriosly failed this country! No wonder the rich send their kids to private schools!

And hey while are at it lets let them control more all in the name of handouts.

Last edited by eRayP; 05-06-2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old 05-06-2012, 12:15 PM

I just had a thought, people all over the country, getting welfare, tax breaks, any type of assistance for years bailing them out every month for years and years to the tune of billions but hey that's ok but when anyone other than the poor need or get bailed out, everyone gets all bunched up.

Lol

The poor get bailed out monthly, the big corps get bailed out, middle get nothing.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:39 PM

384 posts, read 807,961 times
Quote:

Yep.

As a matter of fact, I am planning on opening my own business by the end of this year. I expect to succeed based on my own abilities and on how well I market my business. It doesn't have anything to do with who is President or what the tax rate is.

And I'm sure going to check out a business loan from the SBA. After all, I'm a "job creator". Why shouldn't I get corporate welfare?

To the poster who put red answers to my long post, I don't have time to respond completely right now (working on small business stuff this afternoon), but 1) It is not Obama's debt, we were trillions in debt before Bush but at least the Clinton administration had a budget surplus and then Bush blew it by giving an unnecessary tax cut and going into debt for wars (which is still part of the reason for the growing deficit), and 2) The assumption inherent in the Julia example is that she is from a lower income family so she qualifies for Head Start, therefore her parents can't afford private preschool. Just because you work doesn't mean you can afford extras like that. Try reading Nickel and Dimed: On Not Getting by in America to see how low income workers live. 3) We had quite the recession under Bush I. I graduated from college during that time (Phi Beta Kappa) and it took a while to find a job and it was a low wage job that didn't require a degree. It wasn't until I went back to grad school during Clinton's first term that I found a good career job when I got out. 4) The middle class has shrunk under Republican policies. When I was in high school there were decent paying jobs for high school grads, but now jobs have been eliminated or off shored, so there are very few options for people who haven't been to college, and now too many people in college to try and improve their standard of living, so that there aren't enough jobs for all the college grads. I see adults in jobs at the grocery store and retail stores that 20 years ago high school and college kids used to fill. But working at Target is better than starving, so I don't begrudge someone who needs to feed their family. But the result is fewer jobs for kids like Julia who may need to work their way through college.

It's very much a big mess, but it is absolutely ridiculous to blame Obama for any of this. Insanity is doing the same things over and over and getting the same results. I think we've seen the result of the trickle down insanity over the last 30 years, and it's not good, at least not for most people.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:45 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,067,655 times
Quote:

I see that you are convinced that Obama doesn't mean it when he says his one year extension of the Bush tax cuts that made them partly his when he went for the extra year but he will see that they are cut this year, in December when he could have tried to get Congress to let them die but didn't because he had votes to "buy". Yep, The One says that words have meanings but when he talks he decides what they mean.

Your calling small businesses moronic points out who the moron may well be. Have you seen The One defending any part of his Health Care law since the campaign began? Only morons would be taken in by what he is doing there.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Setting Another Milestone (click link below)
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined | CNSNews.com

goldenncmom,
Congratulations on starting a business. Be ready to put in long long hours, sweat, tears, and to be stressed. Don't listen to the ney-sayers and they will try. You will eat it, sleep it, and constantly think about it. Remember family is #1, remember, they are supporting you on your idea and life will be tough but its not their fault you are running on very little sleep.

Surround yourself with successful business people, mentors if possible, who have the right mindset and open your mind to what they have to say. Don't listen to people who are not in business, they do not have the experience or have a clue. Many will not have a clue to what I am saying now.

The #1 reason businesses fail is due to lack of working capital. If you don't have the money and a good cash flow (money coming in to pay what has to go out), you can't buy inventory, pay bills or pay employees and you will get into a heap of trouble if you can't pay your taxes.

Get a bookkeeper, establish a working relationship with your banker, a CPA. Once you are able to hire, hire the right people with the right attitude. Forget the people who think its their born right and you owe them. They exchange their skill set for a paycheck and they should do the job. Develop your team.

And yes taxes has allot to do with business. There is income tax, self employment tax, sales tax, right to conduct a business tax, SS tax, medicare taxes, unemployment taxes (depends on how you set your company up). If you have employees it gets worse, health insurance, in some states you pay disability insurance taxes.

I know a successful business man, 20 years old, who started his business about 1 1/2 yrs ago. After the CPA did his company taxes his exact words were "I feel like I've been raped".

Failure to pay taxes or missing a payment may result in heavy fines and penalties, so it is important to be able to pay the amount taxes owed and to pay them on time.

Last edited by eRayP; 05-06-2012 at 04:33 PM..

Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 PM

5,480 posts, read 5,876,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
Yep.

As a matter of fact, I am planning on opening my own business by the end of this year. I expect to succeed based on my own abilities and on how well I market my business. It doesn't have anything to do with who is President or what the tax rate is.

To the poster who put red answers to my long post,
It's very much a big mess, but it is absolutely ridiculous to blame Obama for any of this. Insanity is doing the same things over and over and getting the same results. I think we've seen the result of the trickle down insanity over the last 30 years, and it's not good, at least not for most people.
That is really burying your head in the sand.

Good luck in your new business. If Obama is re-elected your taxes will be skyrocketing on Jan 1, 2013.
The Tax Foundation - Taxmageddon Looms, Potentially Pushing Tax Freedom Day Later than Ever

That doesn't mean you can't be successful, it just will be harder. My advice is not to hire until you have to. Do as much as you can yourself until you get going.
If Obama loses, you will see the economy start to soar the day after election day; just like it plummeted right after he won in 2008.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:42 PM

384 posts, read 807,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Setting Another Milestone (click link below)
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined | CNSNews.com

goldenncmom,
Congratulations on starting a business. Be ready to put in long long hours, sweat, tears, and to be stressed. Don't listen to the ney-sayers and they will try. You will eat it, sleep it, and constantly think about it. Remember family is #1, remember, they are supporting you on your idea and life will be tough but its not their fault you are running on very little sleep.

Surround yourself with successful business people, mentors if possible, who have the right mindset and open your mind to what they have to say. Don't listen to people who are not in business, they do not have the experience or have a clue. Many will not have a clue to what I am saying now.

The #1 reason businesses fail is due to lack of working capital. If you don't have the money and a good cash flow (money coming in to pay what has to go out), you can't buy inventory, pay bills or pay employees and you will get into a heap of trouble if you can't pay your taxes.

Get a bookkeeper, establish a working relationship with your banker, a CPA. Once you are able to hire, hire the right people with the right attitude. Forget the people who think its their born right and you owe them. They exchange their skill set for a paycheck and they should do the job. Develop your team.

And yes taxes has allot to do with business. There is income tax, self employment tax, sales tax, right to conduct a business tax, SS tax, medicare taxes, unemployment taxes (depends on how you set your company up). If you have employees it gets worse, health insurance, in some states you pay disability insurance taxes.

I know a successful business man, 20 years old, who started his business about 1 1/2 yrs ago. After the CPA did his company taxes his exact words were "I feel like I've been raped".

Failure to pay taxes or missing a payment may result in heavy fines and penalties, so it is important to be able to pay the amount taxes owed and to pay them on time.
Thanks for the well wishes. Fortunately my business is a service based business so I do not need to worry about inventory. I am going to initially work out of my home, until I think the business can support a small leased space. Right now it's just me and my skills with little start up costs. If I had to invest a lot initially I probably wouldn't be inclined to do it. I have the money but I'm very frugal.

I am looking at business structure right now and trying to decide if it would be better for me to run a sole proprietorship or S corp. For a long time DH worked as a musician for the church who treated him as a contractor and we had to file a Schedule C and all that and pay the entire 15+% for self-employment tax even though it was never his intention to start a business. Crazy PITA.

There will probably not be a lot of profit to pay taxes ON the first couple of years anyway. I am going to have a website designed but will count on word of mouth and targeted marketing as well. As I have been a SAHM the last 10 years, any additional $ coming in would be gravy. And I have no hesitation in shutting the business down after 2 years if I feel that my compensation is not adequate for the time spent.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Status: "Conservatives didn't get far enough." (set 20 hours ago)

44,375 posts, read 35,448,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Not really surprising, considering how little respect this administration has for the flag, the pledge and America in general.
Just once, I'd like to see Barry salute the American flag.

Just once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or