U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 AM

384 posts, read 805,988 times

Advertisements

Well....if I incorporate and pay myself a salary, then after salary and business expenses my profit subject to corporate tax would be very low. Since I am the primary shareholder I don't care if corporate profitability is huge or if "we" have huge cash reserves.

I then pay taxes on my salary that I draw from the company, but I'm no worse off this way than if I went to work for someone else.

And I'm not thinking small...this is my business and I want the freedom to keep it small so it doesn't take over my life. Nothing wrong with that. We don't need the money to pay the bills, whatever I make on this project is just gravy. This is a personal fulfillment thing - I don't want to be Bill Gates, I just want to feel like I have something to contribute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM

5,467 posts, read 3,638,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Where did this 50% number come from? Because if one thinks that the marginal tax-rate means everything from $0-$X, you don't know what a marginal tax-rate is. A marginal tax-rate on $1,000,000, means that the 50% doesn't kick-in until $1,000,000. As an example, if one earned $1,000,001. The 50% rate would only apply to that last $1. The taxes on the rest are at the lower rates. The first $50,000, according to current law, is probably either not taxed or at a very low rate.
That is a quot from the other poster Lol, yea, I didn't feel like explaining it.

This is what I mean by getting financially educated, and learn the tax system and consult with a CPA.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM

4,572 posts, read 2,861,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How about posting a link to the Obama thing instead of just criticism's of it? We can make up our own mind.
There's a laughable irony. You haven't killed a thing but your own ability to think objectively.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
Well....if I incorporate and pay myself a salary, then after salary and business expenses my profit subject to corporate tax would be very low. Since I am the primary shareholder I don't care if corporate profitability is huge or if "we" have huge cash reserves.

I then pay taxes on my salary that I draw from the company, but I'm no worse off this way than if I went to work for someone else.

And I'm not thinking small...this is my business and I want the freedom to keep it small so it doesn't take over my life. Nothing wrong with that. We don't need the money to pay the bills, whatever I make on this project is just gravy. This is a personal fulfillment thing - I don't want to be Bill Gates, I just want to feel like I have something to contribute.
I will also refrain for the most part other than to say, you will be contributing by taking care of yourself and keeping your hands out of other peoples pockets and not crying the blues, expecting more hand outs at other people expense, when you want even more.

You will be contributing.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
fact everybody is educated with public dollars,and even if you dont get pell grants or student loans.
And what a fine job they are doing lol lets hand it all over for them to take care of us and we can all be Bon Bon eating slugs. Life would be grand

Sarcasm

Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 AM

27,903 posts, read 33,429,851 times
Quote:
Until her son goes to kindergarten, Julia's cartoon world does not depict any males, except one, as shown in this quote: "Under President Obama: Julia decides to have a child."

Demeaning? The slide show sends the message that Julia needs Obama to protect her from cradle to grave -- which, in Julia's world, means from Head Start to Medicare.

She gets into college, for example, because her high school is enrolled in Obama's Race to the Top education reform.

When Julia graduates, she easily pays off her student loans because "Obama capped income-based federal student loan payments and kept interest rates low." Under what Team Obama calls a "Romney/Ryan" budget, however, student loan interest rates double. PolitiFact.com found that claim to be "false," as Romney supports keeping Stafford loan interest rates at 3.4 percent.

The infographic is mute on how much Julia pays in taxes. Thus, all benefits appear as if conjured by a wave of Obama's wand, not thanks to American taxpayers.

"President Obama is standing up for women throughout their lives." Yes, he's standing up for women as men have done for millenniums: He'll say anything.
RealClearPolitics - Obama Ditches JFK's Legacy

LOL...

Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,100,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A cradle to grave look at what a government-centered life can get you.

The government is there at your every need, beck and call.

This has turned into amazing ridicule and mockery on Twitter for the obama campaign.

Here is the winner so far;

https://twitter.com/#!/pegobry/statu...194496/photo/1

The cradle-to-grave, government-supported existence of “Julia” Hot Air

Jim Messina, obama's campaign manager is getting roasted alive on Twitter.

The life of Barack Obama’s ‘Julia’ gets curiouser and curiouser! | Twitchy

This is HILARIOUS!

Reminds me of the WTF (Winning the Future) campaign slogan rollout...that disappeared.

Here's the REAL life of Julia;

Cradle to Grave: The Obama Campaign's Fantasy for American Life - Kevin Glass

Obama left out a bit of Julia's life under government control.

‘Julia’ - By Kevin D. Williamson - The Corner - National Review Online

Under government control, Julia has no choice in the matter.

So, you're swinging your support to Romney now?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 AM

41,314 posts, read 38,484,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
So, you're swinging your support to Romney now?
This is OBAMA'S brand new shiny campaign stunt, Life of Julia. Not Romney's.

Just like with the WTF (Winning the Future) slogan, this cartoon is being roundly ridiculed.

Who could have imagined the obama campaign would lob such a soft ball to Romney, right after Romney defined obama's policies as government-centered?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,152,646 times
It probably took a Working Group and a solid year to come up with the a name ("Julia") that appealed to certain segments of the liberal voter base. I can just picture 12 people sitting around a conference room table debating the merits of the name "Julia" and which segments of the population could best relate to the name and thereby have the most political impact.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:38 AM

There are some funny comments on this link
The life of Barack Obama’s ‘Julia’ gets curiouser and curiouser! | Twitchy

This is the best one.
Cradle to Grave: The Obama Campaign's Fantasy for American Life - Kevin Glass

Clips from the link below.

We turn now to Julia's post-graduate situation - kept interest rates on her student loans artificially low. It's not like the U.S. is projected to collapse under a mountain of crushing debt in the next twenty years or anything. What's a little $30 billion expense?

Now Julia's starting her own business! Let's hope that she doesn't have to organize her small business as a sole proprietorship! That would force Julia into a class of people that President Obama sees as a piggy bank to pay for government program.

Hopefully she will be smart enough not to hire too many employees as well and then be forced to provide them all with health insurance subject to numerous government mandates!

Finally, we find Julia at the end of her road, living comfortably and retired, all thanks to the federal government!

Once again, the Obama campaign is simply ignoring the greatest issue facing our time: the entitlement spending driving debts and deficits that are going to sink America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or