U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,292,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
So I should vote for the party that calls us stupid. I still don't understand what you are accomplishing. You create a thread that demonize us, by calling us lazy, uneducated, stupid, welfare dependant. How in world are we getting any political power with a group who feels that way about us?
Poor, poor you.

Go call up your Democrat politician. I'm sure they are willing to listen to your sob story. I'm not and I don't have to.

If you want to vote for 8% unemployment, $4/gallon gas, and unsustainable debt, go for it. I'm tired of trying to convince unpersuadable people like you. Bottom line is you won't listen to ANYONE who doesn't have a sparkling "D" after their name. That's your problem not mine.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 AM

3,421 posts, read 2,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Poor, poor you.

Go call up your Democrat politician. I'm sure they are willing to listen to your sob story. I'm not and I don't have to.
I'm trying to understand, in an earlier post you called us irrelevant. So again I ask, why should we join a party who considers us to be irrelevant.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Poor, poor you.

If you want to vote for 8% unemployment, $4/gallon gas, and unsustainable debt, go for it. I'm tired of trying to convince unpersuadable people like you. Bottom line is you won't listen to ANYONE who doesn't have a sparkling "D" after their name. That's your problem not mine.
you called us irrelevant in an earlier post. That comment is supposed to get us to listen to you?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
you called us irrelevant in an earlier post. That comment is supposed to get us to listen to you?
Let me explain. I don't care if you listen to me. I know that 97% of blacks are going to vote Democrat no matter what. So why bother trying to explain to you and them why they shouldn't?

Get it yet?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM

24,757 posts, read 33,869,054 times
Quote:
I don't think there is ANYTHING Republicans can do to change the perception blacks have that the GOP hates them. The DNC and prominent black leaders have been pushing that lie forever, and obviously blacks believe it as evidenced by your post.
I don't get my opinions from the DNC; I develop them from analyzing what I see on television and from reading books and the newspaper. I can recite ad nauseum the insults to blacks that have emanated from the foul mouths of Republican candidates, officeholders and pundits.

Quote:
If Republicans hate blacks so much, why do Republicans champion school choice?
Considering they've done a lot of screw up the schools in the first place, they know something's gotta be done.
Quote:
Why do Republican blacks get prominent leadership positions?
So they can say they're not racist?

Quote:
The GOP's "problem" is that it doesn't play to the victimhood so many blacks cherish. To me that's not a problem, though - it's a strength. People should be judged and treated as INDIVIDUALS not as groups, racial or otherwise.

I've told you what the problem is. You don't want to listen.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM

10,635 posts, read 6,036,463 times
Quote:
I'm a Republican. I don't believe every black is on welfare or brainwashed. However, the number of blacks who are receptive to Republican and conservative values of smaller government, individual responsibility, and free markets is obviously so tiny that it is not worth the effort to aggressively court them.

When you have a demographic group that is supporting you to the tune of 1%, it's pretty clear that they aren't interested in doing anything but continuing to vote for Democrats no matter what.

And yes, I will say that blacks are making a huge mistake by casting their lot with one political party. It diminishes their political power because the Democrats know that no matter what they do blacks will re-elect them and the Republicans know that no matter what they do blacks won't vote for them.

So if it seems like I'm calling blacks stupid, I guess you're right in a way. No other racial group has diluted their political power as much as blacks, and it really is short-sighted and not wise at all.
I'm curious, could you not make the same assertions about white Evangelicals voting consistently and as a block for Republicans, even when they are moderate to liberal leaning Republicans, like McCain and Romney? As long as there is an R next to their name and not a D, they get their vote. What's the difference?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 AM

I'm trying to understand how this process works. Some republican, with no prompting from anybody but himself, decides to create a thread ripping blacks for voting democrat all the time. This causes other republicans to come into the thread and proceed to call us lazy, stupid, brainwashed, irrelevant and welfare dependant. What I'm asking is, was this thread created just to insult us, or was your campaign speech. I'm hope it was the first one

Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't get my opinions from the DNC; I develop them from analyzing what I see on television and from reading books and the newspaper. I can recite ad nauseum the insults to blacks that have emanated from the foul mouths of Republican candidates, officeholders and pundits.

Considering they've done a lot of screw up the schools in the first place, they know something's gotta be done.

So they can say they're not racist?

I've told you what the problem is. You don't want to listen.
The problem is the GOP won't pander to your group. Tough. Good thing you have a political party that will pander to you and tell you what you want to hear.

Of course, the results of their leadership have been abysmal for blacks, but that doesn't matter to them. Black youth unemployment at over 50% under Obama, black unemployment in general at a historic high, and you're sitting here caterwauling about the perceived insults from Republicans you've read on the internet. It is sad and pathetic what matters to you. Results clearly don't and perception clearly does.

I suppose you might think that that could be me calling you stupid again. I am sure you will take it that way since I am not a Democrat.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Let me explain. I don't care if you listen to me. I know that 97% of blacks are going to vote Democrat no matter what. So why bother trying to explain to you and them why they shouldn't?

Get it yet?
Here is the thing, nobody was asking your opinion. One of your republican buddies started this thread. I'm trying to figure why it was started.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Here is the thing, nobody was asking your opinion. One of your republican buddies started this thread. I'm trying to figure why it was started.
You should ask him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or