U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,527,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
58.4% of Americans employed per US Bureau of Labor statistics, which is just 0.2% above bottom. Where is the big improvement? These numbers are harder to manipulate.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
MILLIONS have left the work force since obama has been president.

If they were still on the rolls, UE would be 11%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 AM

5,945 posts, read 4,861,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
People retire regardless of who's president. The Bush recession is pushing many into early retirement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-6756363.html

Quote:

But they aren't and unemployment is at 8%.

Any more make-believe anger that's caught in your craw?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM

40,018 posts, read 24,272,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
People retire regardless of who's president. The Bush recession is pushing many into early retirement.

Amid Recession, More Take Social Security Early - CBS News

But they aren't and unemployment is at 8%.

Any more make-believe anger that's caught in your craw?
It's not just recession pushing people into retirement. It's Baby Boomers hitting retirement age. Millions and millions of babies born during post-war boom years are going to place a huge burden on our country's resources during the upcoming decades. A fact that has nothing to do with who is President today, or who will be President in the future.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 PM

32,262 posts, read 54,988,580 times
I definitely think our country is on more economic solid footing then we were in 2008, when the we were in a scary free fall.

As a democrat tho, I am furious at Barack Obama and Joe Biden for using gay marriage(a social issue) to take attention away from the most pressing issue of this election season imo, JOBS and ECONOMIC GROWTH.

Still plan on voting for him again, but for the first time I am not as firm as I was in the past.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,598,940 times
Quote:
We have the answer, don't we?

The amount of fodder the GOP/RNC has from 2008 is just amazing. With obama's own words, it will be shown just how much damage he has done to this country with his ruinous policies. How many promises he has broken. How ridiculous and vacuous his rhetoric truly was and IS.

Are We Satisfied? No! - YouTube

This is another great ad from the RNC.
It's absolutely better now than it was in 2008.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
As a democrat tho, I am furious at Barack Obama and Joe Biden for using gay marriage(a social issue) to take attention away from the most pressing issue of this election season imo, JOBS and ECONOMIC GROWTH.
It wasn't scripted; Joe Biden happened. They seriously need to get him away from the press. Give him the Fredo Corleone treatment -- give him unimportant jobs like attending some conference in the Mariana Islands or something.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Millions were going to leave no matter who was president. Your republitard buddies made that inevitable.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,527,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I definitely think our country is on more economic solid footing then we were in 2008, when the we were in a scary free fall.

Still plan on voting for him again, but for the first time I am not as firm as I was in the past.
You're joking? They don't want to talk about jobs, the economy, spending, debt, taxes AND THEIR RECORD..so onward with "social" issues...like contraception, gay marriage, bullying, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It's absolutely better now than it was in 2008.
Yeah, all indicators sure do support that claim.

Gas then = $1.80 gal...Now $4.00/gal.

Debt then = $10 Trillion...debt now = $15 Trillion.

Deficit then = $458 BILLION...deficit 3 years running $1.5 Trillion/year.

Record numbers on Food Stamps, government assistance.

I could go on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or