Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:33 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What they need to do is win a popular vote. You can't let Romney get 2/3rd of the more than 3/4ths of bound to popular votes delegates and expect to win.
Romney DIDN'T ever win a popular vote fair and square. The living breathing people are behind Paul. The rigged voting machines are winning the popular vote for Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 12:36 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Romney DIDN'T ever win a popular vote fair and square. The living breathing people are behind Paul. The rigged voting machines are winning the popular vote for Romney.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

That must be some good stuff you're smoking.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:37 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,899 times
Quote:
You really are nuts.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:39 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Yes it is possible to interpret that rule that way. There is another different conflicting rule. Who will sort out the conflicting rules and the interpretation of the rules?

The GOP establishment.

Ron Paul supporters have spent so much time telling me that Romney is super-establishment and Ron Paul is anti-establishment.

Now you are telling me the establishment will interpret their conflicting rules to favor Ron Paul.
I am telling you to read the rules.

The establishment is cheating. Instead of proportionally allocate delegates, they use Rule 38's "winner takes all" hoping Romney will secure the 1144 majority before the convention. If Romney can secure the 1144 majority, then the rest of the Rule 38 can be ignored. But it does not look like the case the Romney is able to secure the 1144.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:47 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
A Unit Rule is where no delegate is forced to vote a certain way based on the majority of her or his state. This doesn't necessarily mean that delegates can't be bound on the first ballot to the will of the people from their state. Especially since other rules mention bound delegates and the GOP establishment is the one that determines the meaning of the rule. There is also a rule that if the GOP establishment believes that they cannot conduct the convention properly they can abort the convention. Wouldn't it be proper to follow the will of the masses.

The point is, Rule 38 is no magic bullet for someone who is finishing in last place of popular votes to win it.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Drugs are bad.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
A Unit Rule is where no delegate is forced to vote a certain way based on the majority of her or his state. This doesn't necessarily mean that delegates can't be bound on the first ballot to the will of the people from their state. Especially since other rules mention bound delegates and the GOP establishment is the one that determines the meaning of the rule. There is also a rule that if the GOP establishment believes that they cannot conduct the convention properly they can abort the convention. Wouldn't it be proper to follow the will of the masses.

The point is, Rule 38 is no magic bullet for someone who is finishing in last place of popular votes to win it.
No magic bullet. The "popular" vote is suspect. It is also irrelevant.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
No magic bullet. The "popular" vote is suspect. It is also irrelevant.
And that is why I am starting to favor Obama over Ron Paul --- the will of the people is irrelevant to Paul.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:20 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
And that is why I am starting to favor Obama over Ron Paul --- the will of the people is irrelevant to Paul.
Not the will of the people. The way the rules work. It isn't about the popular vote. Think you are mixed up.

Also the methods used to paint the "popular" vote are suspect. You give them credit. I do not. I have seen nothing that validates them. I have spent hours showing all the problems with them.

I don't find is surprising that the states with the most transparent and accountable methods are also where he is doing the best.
If that is what you want to believe, oh well.

Since when have you supported Paul? (lol)

Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Not the will of the people. The way the rules work. It isn't about the popular vote. Think you are mixed up.

Also the methods used to paint the "popular" vote are suspect. You give them credit. I do not. I have seen nothing that validates them. I have spent hours showing all the problems with them.

I don't find is surprising that the states with the most transparent and accountable methods are also where he is doing the best.
If that is what you want to believe, oh well.

Since when have you supported Paul? (lol)
Please show me a source, outside of a Paul website, that ranks states based on openess and fairness of elections. I'll do the work and look to see what his popular votes were. He hasn't won a state yet...so...

Ron Paul has been my #2. I am not sure that I could vote for him over Obama now. After all of the crazy conspiracy theories and the lack of regard for how people are actually voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections