Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Making freedom legal once again....

How trivial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I live in Idaho. The state legislature looked at the machines a while back, but decided to stick with the old style punch cards, as we have never had any problems with them.
Idaho has a relatively low population compared to the eastern states. I'm sure the old punch card booths got more use in one election than they do in a half dozen here, even though we traditionally have a high turnout for almost all elections. Some of our counties just don't have a lot of people in them.
That's interesting. Will have to look into that. Wonder if your state has taken advantage of the grants and how it dealt with HAVA?

I will say that the "corruption" issues documented do go beyond the machines though. In other words the machines are just the powerful tool being used. The rampant corruption is the source. I do feel the machines violate law, are not transparent and make it really easy.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
In 2008 there was only one candidate talking about the economy and the danger of the housing bubble.

It wasn't Obama
It wasn't Romney
It wasn't McCain

Ron Paul is the only candidate who actually "gets it" when it comes to the economy. Yet, people are all too willing to repeat the mistakes of the past and cast votes for those who don't get it but have silver tongues.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 PM

473 posts, read 400,195 times

©MSNBC- Rachel Maddow: GOP Contest Not Over for Ron Paul (RonPaulcom) *PLS SHARE!* - YouTube

Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 PM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Aside from all the documented problems in other threads. Many from non-RP sites. I have an entire thread devoted almost entirely to machines. (I actually do not frequent RP sites.) The GS US election investment thread.

I am not ranking them I am making a generalized assessment based on machine usage vs public accountability. The video taping and documenting has made a huge difference in pursuing these ridiculous antics. Caucuses are not as easy to game as voting machines, which are a piece of cake.

Were you not outraged at a very crooked man supporting you know who being hired in both Iowa and NV to run the caucus? Did you see the suspect results in NV? They defy math. Where is you outrage at the will of the people there?

You are acting as if those electronic votes are gospel. I simply disagree after all the research I have done. I don't need anybody to tell me what to think. I do my own research from many, many sources. I base any of my conclusions on evidence not presumption.

I cannot speak for anyone else either, but I repeat I have not seen a single shred of evidence that makes me believe what is reported. In fact, to the contrary. Now am I open to the fact that those numbers are accurate, sure, but have seen no evidence supporting this.

Instead of assuming subversion, you might think about how those areas were won. You might consider RP did have a majority and the results reported are innacurate, which is how they are getting the delegates.

You seem only willing to view things one way. Which is your right. I can only state my view. But my view isn't about subverting the "Will of the People".

The only repeated "complaint" I have heard from you is in regard to this so-called subversion by Paul-bots, but no outrage at all the blatant other issues. NM RP supporters are busting their behinds in a corrupt system and are following the rules.

This graph alone is suspect, never mind the other issues that have been documented repeatedly.
Isn't it normal to have different results in different states for a fringe candidate?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Isn't it normal to have different results in different states for a fringe candidate?
I would think the possibility of different results would apply to all states. Not sure of your point. Are you referencing the graph? If so the part of that graph that is statistically significant is NV.

That doesn't include all the other evidence of issues in NV. Nobody in their right mind knowing what they know about NV wouldn't question the graph for NV. It simply doesn't add up given the statistical trends.

When you outsource your caucus, to guys with dirty backgrounds and conflicting political affiliations over what was in place, that is a problem.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 PM

@BanjoMike,
You may find this useful. According to this your state uses mostly paper ballots and some punch. However, paper ballot can be misleading. Depends on how they are handled. This site is a 501C lobbying group, so I haven't checked them out yet, but the info still looks useful. (both links are part of my other thread.)
The Verifier - Idaho
Chapter 04-Talion

Last edited by CDusr; 05-08-2012 at 10:14 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And a whole lot of reasons the majorty are not backing Paul, tic tic tic, August is coming fast and that will be that for Ron Paul, off to retirement

Think about this....

Whether Paul is able to pull off an upset and secure the nomination or not, Ron Paul is winning. He’s laying the groundwork for a much more conservative Republican Party in the future. And he’s spreading an exciting conservative message to thousands of supporters—young and old—who will be in a position to reshape the GOP in coming elections.

The party of freedom is coming. It just took a wake up call like back to back to back progressives, from different parties.

Lugar, a Progressive Republican, got tossed just yesterday.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I love reading the comments on these articles. On this one, for every one name calling Romney supporter there are 5 or 6 respectful Ron Paul supporters.

For the supposed "presumptive nominee" this is PRETTY SAD.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM

473 posts, read 400,195 times
Ron Paul stuns in Arizona, upset win is game changer! « Doug Wead The Blog

In a repeat of Iowa, where a Mitt Romney State Chairman held up accurate results of the vote for weeks, the Arizona State Convention has gone into overtime. Ballots are supposedly locked up, waiting to be counted “tomorrow.” But citizens and journalists on the floor had no trouble discerning that Ron Paul forces had seized the day and if the vote is fair, he will likely win the majority of delegates from Arizona to the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

If the victory in Arizona proves true, and remember, there is a tantalizing and suspicious delay, then Ron Paul will likely win the right to be nominated on the floor of the Republican National Convention in Tampa. It isn’t over yet, there are some Ron Paul states that have been won at the County or District level, that still need the formality of winning the state convention, but barring parliamentary jujitsu, it is on track to happen. It is big news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections