Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times

Advertisements

Battleground Poll: Obama, Romney in dead heat - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

Overall, Romney leads Obama by 1 point. In the Politico/GWU Battleground Poll in February, Obama led Romney by 9 points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
So and this is what really matters Obama has these voters & Romney could not get them if he paid them about 80% of these voters are for Obama

Blacks
55+
Women
Poor
Middle class
Gays
18 to 26 Obama only has about 50% of them right now

Old 05-07-2012, 02:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Battleground Poll: Obama, Romney in dead heat - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

Overall, Romney leads Obama by 1 point. In the Politico/GWU Battleground Poll in February, Obama led Romney by 9 points.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like this poll was just prior to the realease of the horrible April jobs report. If the poll were done today I'm guessing Romney might get a couple points or so from that news.

Obama I think has really stumbled out of the gate with the Osama ad and the Life of Julia ad. Most likely Team Obama will recognize those errors and get things turned around. I've heard a few early adopters here and there start to talk about a 55-45 Romney over Obama landslide. I don't know, but I think it's possible.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:07 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,011,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
So and this is what really matters Obama has these voters & Romney could not get them if he paid them about 80% of these voters are for Obama

Blacks
55+
Women
Poor
Middle class
Gays
So you are saying that Obama will win all of those grips 80/20, with Women alone that's 42-43% of the vote, plus the middle class is an additional 30-32 points and no president has ever had more than 60% of the vote.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,316 times
Quote:

Blacks
55+
Women
Poor
Middle class
Gays
So you didn't actually read it, did you

Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like this poll was just prior to the realease of the horrible April jobs report. If the poll were done today I'm guessing Romney might get a couple points or so from that news.

You are correct.

Obama I think has really stumbled out of the gate with the Osama ad and the Life of Julia ad. Most likely Team Obama will recognize those errors and get things turned around. I've heard a few early adopters here and there start to talk about a 55-45 Romney over Obama landslide. I don't know, but I think it's possible.
Julia, Chen, Spiking the UBL ball. I'm guessing people are also getting tired again of his constant blame game, excuses and attack on private citizens.

http://images.politico.com/global/20...tionnaire.html

Looks like Mitt's favorability ratings have gone up to.

Gosh, all that attacking Mitt and his family for their wealth seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Most believe the GOP will keep the House and take the Senate too.

And here is a shocker to those looking for "equality" and everyone paying their "fair share" (as if those that PAY taxes don't already)

LOOK at this -

Quote:
32. What do you personally think is the percentage that very wealthy people, those making 1 million dollars
per year or more, should be paying in taxes?
10% or less .................................................. ......... 11%
11-19% .................................................. ..................... 7%
20-29% .................................................. ................... 23%
30% .................................................. ........................ 16%
31%+ .................................................. ...................... 31%
Unsure/Refused (DNR) ........................................... 13%
57% believe the "rich" should pay 30% OR LESS in taxes.

71% ANY tax increases should pay down debt/deficit. They believe obama would spend the money though. 61% think he would spend it.

This is a devastating poll for obama.

Oh, they're seriously oversampled liberals and undersampled moderates.

Last edited by sanrene; 05-07-2012 at 09:52 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Everyone knows Oblama is a shoo-in for re-election. I mean, look at his great record on the economy!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:40 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:

Blacks
55+
Women
Poor
Middle class
Gays

Actually, Romney is leading with those 55 and over, married women (who are more likely to vote, men and Independents.

Not lookin' so good for Obama!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Shouldn't Obama still be well ahead at this point? A look at past spring polling suggests that an incumbent with a less than about 10 point lead at this point, is in deep trouble. For example Ford was up 6 in April, yet lost; Carter was up 2 yet lost. Of incumbents with weak spring polling, only W Bush in 04 went on to win.
What Do Springtime Polls Tell Us About the General Election? - NYTimes.com

I also see potential land mines ahead for Pres Obama. What if there are riots following a 'not guilty' verdict for Zimmerman? I believe that could come back to bite hard, since Obama was dumb enough to weigh in on the case when he really didn't have to. What if ObamaCare is tossed by the SCOTUS? That will leave a mark. What if 'Fast and Furious' finally blows up close to the election? I don't see any similar land mines for Romney.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Shouldn't Obama still be well ahead at this point? A look at past spring polling suggests that an incumbent with a less than about 10 point lead at this point, is in deep trouble. For example Ford was up 6 in April, yet lost; Carter was up 2 yet lost. Of incumbents with weak spring polling, only W Bush in 04 went on to win.
What Do Springtime Polls Tell Us About the General Election? - NYTimes.com

I also see potential land mines ahead for Pres Obama. What if there are riots following a 'not guilty' verdict for Zimmerman? I believe that could come back to bite hard, since Obama was dumb enough to weigh in on the case when he really didn't have to. What if ObamaCare is tossed by the SCOTUS? That will leave a mark. What if 'Fast and Furious' finally blows up close to the election? I don't see any similar land mines for Romney.
excellant points; no one can say who will win or lose, other than to take guess, mainly based on our hearts not our heads, but If any of the things you mentioned were to happen, it would be the end of Obama, especially "
Fast and Furious" or the possibility of riots. This worries me btw. Not because of the election but because riots do nothing but hurt everyone and I really think Zimmerman is going to get off. I think it would have been wiser to charge him with involuntery man slaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections