U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,682 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41529

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In terms of bad mouthing West Virginia -- only a fool judges an entire state's people so negatively.

Every time I have been to West Virginia (I've been through there 3 times), I have met very nice and welcoming people -- and they have a real pretty state with the mountains.
and beleive it or not, some even have educations, like the head of the cath lab at WV.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Greater Washington, DC
1,347 posts, read 920,977 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
A third of NC voters still didn't pick Romney?!

Amazing.
In an evening which included the surging candidacies of Keith Judd and No Preference, THAT is your conclusion?! hahahaha

Let's be real here. As usual, 90% of each party's members will line up behind their nominee, whether happily or grudgingly, and vote for them in November. The other 10% may have various, personal reasons for not doing so. I expect Republicans to be more in line with their nominee than Dems, only because the Dems voting against Obama can shift to the GOP in the general, whereas the people voting against Romney in the primaries are to his right and have nowhere else to go. There are also more Democrats than Republicans, so that should be a wash. The independents will decide this. All the primaries last night were exceptionally low in terms of turnout, so anti-Romney Republicans and anti-Obama Democrats were overwhelmingly overrepresented in proportion to their actual numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
 
756 posts, read 614,375 times
Reputation: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
WV- they finally vote for indoor plumbing and outlawing 1st cousin relationships. 2nd cousins still fair game


Heard they voted to lift the ban on toothpaste too ... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,496,708 times
Reputation: 7107
The Leftists are suggesting the democrats MOVE their convention out of NC....oh.......please, please, please do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 PM
 
2,787 posts, read 3,661,389 times
Reputation: 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Leftists are suggesting the democrats MOVE their convention out of NC....oh.......please, please, please do that.
YES!They should!!They should have their convention in a state where gay marriage has been approved in a voters referendum!!!!



Oh yeah....thats right...there isn't a state where voters have approved it........Hey anyone know if it did in any Canadian provinces???Maybe they could have a convention there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,496,708 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
A third of NC voters still didn't pick Romney?!

Amazing.
199,000 NC democrats didn't vote for obama. He won in 2008 by 14000.

I do believe he can forget about NC...but I've been saying that for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,168 posts, read 33,583,941 times
Reputation: 14144
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
In an evening which included the surging candidacies of Keith Judd and No Preference, THAT is your conclusion?! hahahaha

Let's be real here. As usual, 90% of each party's members will line up behind their nominee, whether happily or grudgingly, and vote for them in November. The other 10% may have various, personal reasons for not doing so. I expect Republicans to be more in line with their nominee than Dems, only because the Dems voting against Obama can shift to the GOP in the general, whereas the people voting against Romney in the primaries are to his right and have nowhere else to go. There are also more Democrats than Republicans, so that should be a wash. The independents will decide this. All the primaries last night were exceptionally low in terms of turnout, so anti-Romney Republicans and anti-Obama Democrats were overwhelmingly overrepresented in proportion to their actual numbers.


You make it sound as if Romney is pulling votes from Ron Paul, instead of the media's take, that Paul is pulling votes from Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top